Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    I assume such a thing happened after the events of OMD/OMIT.

In my opinion Peter should've unmasked to her anyway...she wouldn't have minded that he did so after the deed was done and her memories got restored.

Peter owes Black Cat a re-reveal of his identity to restore her memories and turn her away from the current path that she is on and wouldn't have been on to begin with had Peter simply re-revealed his identity to her.
    Yeah, I think this was during Brand New Day. And I'd like to think that Spider-Man respects Felicia enough to honor her wishes. If she doesn't want to know, then he should leave it at that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFlay View Post
    Yeah, I think this was during Brand New Day. And I'd like to think that Spider-Man respects Felicia enough to honor her wishes. If she doesn't want to know, then he should leave it at that.
    But after what Spock did to her, Felicia now wants to know the man behind the mask. It's the only way for her to realize that what Peter is saying is the truth because Otto tired to kill her in the past. Which would mean that her focus(for revenge) can shift from Spider-Man to Dr. Ock.

She appeared in Civvies when visiting who she thought was Peter after he was arrested during the clone saga. unbeknownst to Felicia it was actually Ben Reilly she was visiting as he and Peter had earlier swapped places.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFlay View Post
    And I'd like to think that Spider-Man respects Felicia enough to honor her wishes. If she doesn't want to know, then he should leave it at that.

Not when such a thing reverted her to becoming a thief again.

When she had those memories she was reformed and was no longer a criminal.

If she wasn't a thief due to not having her memories of Peter being in her life then she wouldn't have been robbing that house and been attacked by SpOck in the first place.

Now look at her...and it's all Peter's fault.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 09-06-2014 at 11:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    But after what Spock did to her, Felicia now wants to know the man behind the mask. It's the only way for her to realize that what Peter is saying is the truth because Otto tired to kill her in the past. Which would mean that her focus(for revenge) can shift from Spider-Man to Dr. Ock.

**Exactly**

BANNED

She became a major part of Peter's life after he revealed his identity to her. She eventually came to care for Peter very much and their friendship had a major influence in her life.
    Amen to that.

Black Cat prior to OMD and OMIT was a reformed thief due to her relationship with Peter, but after the events of OMD and OMIT she was shown to be a thief again.
    And the best part is, that after the events of The Evil That Men Do, there wasn't much need for another reason to make her a fugitive,

Knowing the man behind the mask would've definitely helped to clue her in that there was something up with Peter when SpOck attacked her. Of course if Peter had re-revealed his identity to Black Cat a lot sooner it's highly unlikely that Black Cat would've been committing a robbery in the first place preveting the SpOck encounter from happening to begin with.

Everything that involves the current direction of Black Cat's character since OMD/OMIT falls directly on Peter for not re-revealing his identity to her and restoring their friendship.
    My guess is, the post OMD writers wanted her to be a thief again, period.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    My guess is, the post OMD writers wanted her to be a thief again, period.

A thief would be better than what Slott has made her out to be in his current storyline that's for sure.

But, in general I want the pre-OMD version of Black Cat back...and that path can't even be hoped to be gained back until Peter re-reveals his identity to her.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 09-07-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

A thief would be better than what Slott has made her out to be in his current storyline that's for sure.

But, in general I want the pre-OMD version of Black Cat back...and that path can't even be hoped to be gained back until Peter re-reveals his identity to her.
    Considering what Slott has done to the following characters:

1. J. Jonah Jameson: Mayor of NYC
    2. Liz Allan: CEO and Chairperson of Alchemex
    3. Mary Jane: Successful Actress, Talkshow Host, and owner of a Bar
    4. Flash Thomson: A full-time military operative(Agent Venom)
    5. Peter Parker: CEO of Parker Industries

It's only fitting that Slott makes Felicia Hardy into a Crime Boss.

If Felicia does get her old memories back, it's likely that she'll remain a Crime Boss until the Kingpin takes it away from her as I see it as Felicia helping(unknowingly) re-establishing the Kingpins operations.

Although the motivations of Felicia's new role makes no sense whatsoever unless she wants to start sharing the wealth with the other mob partners because that's what they do to protect their own interests. Not to mention that those within the Mafia always turn on each other. I can't see Felicia wanting to share her goods with anyone.

For some reason, I think that Marvel wants to play with the idea of Felicia as a Crime Boss in a manner of What if Felicia never met Peter Parker as Spider-Man? Thus, it might be a strong possibility that Felicia will not see the man behind the mask in order to further explore this angle of her new persona. The fear might be if Felicia's memories return then the new direction would quickly fall a part; if it hasn't already with Felicia's emotional obsession with wanting to destroy Spider-Man(and those associated with him) for what Otto Octavius did to her, which was questionable in itself because of the absence of her bad luck powers in SSM #20. Technically, there is no way that Felicia would have allowed herself to be captured by the cops so easily. Much less going to prison for that matter. This is a terrible example of fanfiction that goes against Felicia's history which clearly shows her escaping before the cops could get to lock her up. I think that the Editors looked the other way on the Black Cat.

And the writer for the Hawkeye vs Deadpool mini-series wants to explore this angle of Black Cat, which might have took place between ASM#1 to ASM#3, or possibly after ASM#6.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-07-2014 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

Considering what Slott has done to the following characters:

1. J. Jonah Jameson: Mayor of NYC
    2. Liz Allan: CEO and Chairperson of Alchemex
    3. Mary Jane: Successful Actress, Talkshow Host, and owner of a Bar
    4. Flash Thomson: A full-time military operative(Agent Venom)
    5. Peter Parker: CEO of Parker Industries

It's only fitting that Slott makes Felicia Hardy into a Crime Boss.

If Felicia does get her old memories back, it's likely that she'll remain a Crime Boss until the Kingpin takes it away from her as I see it as Felicia helping(unknowingly) re-establishing the Kingpins operations.

Although the motivations of Felicia's new role makes no sense whatsoever unless she wants to start sharing the wealth with the other mob partners because that's what they do to protect their own interests. Not to mention that those within the Mafia always turn on each other. I can't see Felicia wanting to share her goods with anyone.

For some reason, I think that Marvel wants to play with the idea of Felicia as a Crime Boss in a manner of What if Felicia never met Peter Parker as Spider-Man? Thus, it might be a strong possibility that Felicia will not see the man behind the mask in order to further explore this angle of her new persona. The fear might be if Felicia's memories return then the new direction would quickly fall a part; if it hasn't already with Felicia's emotional obsession with wanting to destroy Spider-Man(and those associated with him) for what Otto Octavius did to her, which was questionable in itself because of the absence of her bad luck powers in SSM #20. Technically, there is no way that Felicia would have allowed herself to be captured by the cops so easily. Much less going to prison for that matter. This is a terrible example of fanfiction that goes against Felicia's history which clearly shows her escaping before the cops could get to lock her up. I think that the Editors looked the other way on the Black Cat.

And the writer for the Hawkeye vs Deadpool mini-series wants to explore this angle of Black Cat, which might have took place between ASM#1 to ASM#3, or possibly after ASM#6.

So, you're thinking that another writer wants Black Cat to be like this to use for his purposes and Dan Slott has the honor of making her into that version for this writer?

Quoted for the truth.

Astonishing Member

So, you're thinking that another writer wants Black Cat to be like this to use for his purposes and Dan Slott has the honor of making her into that version for this writer?
    You should check out Hawkeye vs Deadpool #0 that features the Black Cat at the end of the page. She's going to make a full appearance in issue #1, which may take place between issues #1 to #3 of Amazing Spider-Man, or possibly after it. Since Otto ruined her life(as well as the fact that she's a wanted fugitive), Felicia's only recourse is to remain in the shadows as a Crime Boss having others do her usual crime spree on her behalf because she can't go out in public as herself anymore until she get amnesty in the form of a Presidential Pardon for her past crimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's a mini-series that's barely referenced which introduced a new Mysterio and technically turned Black Cat into a fugitive.
    Hey Mister Mets do you have any idea which one, it wouldn't be the evil that men do
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Hey Mister Mets do you have any idea which one, it wouldn't be the evil that men do
    It would and it is.

BANNED

You should check out Hawkeye vs Deadpool #0 that features the Black Cat at the end of the page. She's going to make a full appearance in issue #1, which may take place between issues #1 to #3 of Amazing Spider-Man, or possibly after it. Since Otto ruined her life(as well as the fact that she's a wanted fugitive), Felicia's only recourse is to remain in the shadows as a Crime Boss having others do her usual crime spree on her behalf because she can't go out in public as herself anymore until she get amnesty in the form of a Presidential Pardon for her past crimes...

I still think the situation when it comes to her character sucks big time and storyline wise it all goes back to it being Peter's fault because he didn't re-reveal his identity to her after the events of OMD/OMIT.

Her friendship with Peter was a major influence that changed her life for the better and not having those memories of that friendship is what regressed her to become what she is now.

What I don't understand is why Marvel would want Peter to have the blame for that?

Anyone who reads Spider-Man comics should be aware that the Black Cat's current direction is all Peter's fault for not doing what he should've done...re-reveal his identity to her after the events of OMD/OMIT in order to restore the memories of her friendship with Peter.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 09-08-2014 at 07:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

I still think the situation when it comes to her character sucks big time and storyline wise it all goes back to it being Peter's fault because he didn't re-reveal his identity to her after the events of OMD/OMIT.

Her friendship with Peter was a major influence that changed her life for the better and not having those memories of that friendship is what regressed her to become what she is now.

What I don't understand is why Marvel would want Peter to have the blame for that?

Anyone who reads Spider-Man comics should be aware that the Black Cat's current direction is all Peter's fault for not doing what he should've done...re-reveal his identity to her after the events of OMD/OMIT in order to restore the memories of her friendship with Peter.
    Too bad that none of the writers wanted to have Peter re-reveal his secret identity to Felicia. That way, Slott would not have gotten the chance to ruin her character.
    http://doublearticulation.blogspot.c...sions-and.html
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-09-2014 at 01:43 AM.