Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Priestess of All the Feels! Meggan Braddock: Gloriana Appreciation 2022

{Metamorph - Empath - Elemental}

Character Profile

[REAL NAME] Meggan Braddock, née Puceanu
    [ALIASES] Goblin Princess, Gloriana
    [CITIZENSHIP] United Kingdom
    [PLACE OF BIRTH] Near Fenborough Station, London, England, UK
    [KNOWN RELATIVES] Brian Braddock (Captain Britain, husband), Margaret "Maggie" Braddock (daughter), William (father), unidentified mother, Sir James Braddock (father-in-law, deceased), Elizabeth Braddock née Hartwood (mother-in-law, deceased), James "Jamie" Braddock (brother-in-law), Elizabeth "Betsy" Braddock (Captain Britain, sister-in-law)
    [GROUP AFFILIATION] MI13, Braddock Academy, Excalibur, Knights of X
    [HEIGHT] Variable; (usually) 5'7"; (true form) 5'9"
    [WEIGHT] Variable; (usually) 120 lbs.; (true forum) 130 lbs.
    [EYES] Variable; (usually) green; (true form) no visible iris
    [HAIR] Variable; (usually) blonde; (true form) silver blonde
    [FIRST APPEARANCES] Might World of Marvel #7 (1983); (Goblin Princess) Excalibur #6 (1988); (Gloriana) Captain Britain and MI13 Annual #1 (2009)

Character Origins

Meggan was born near Fenborough station to Romanichal parents William and a as of yet, unidentified mother. Her life from an early age was very difficult, as her mutant x-gene activate as a baby. Growing fur all over her body to protect itself from a blizzard. This would lead to Meggan being ostracised from the rest of Romanichal community and being hidden away for fear of her safety. Growing up hidden away in her parents trailer led Meggan to receive what little education she gain about the world from the television. This left her unprepared for the reality of life in the outside world. During the event known as the Jaspers Warp, Meggan would encounter Brian Braddock (Captain Britain) in a case of mistaken identity. This chance encounter would then blossom in to a friendship as Meggan accompanied Brian on his various adventures. Later Meggan and Brian would join the X-Men Nightcrawler, Kitty Pride and Rachel Summers and form Excalibur. By the time of the teams disbandment, Meggan would go on to marry Brian and give birth to their daughter Maggie.

TL: DR; Meggan Braddock. Empathic Omnimorph Mutant and Ersatz Earth-Goddess, Reassuringly Happy Clappy, Chaotic Good, Married to a Guy Who Wears A Flag. Priestess of All the Feels. - - X-Force(2014) #8

Powers & Abilities

As a metamorph Meggan has show the ability to change her form to resist elemental conditions, reality manipulation. Assume the form of other people and the likeness of animals. When using these abilities she is also able to duplicate the natural and superhuman abilities of those, whose form she takes on. Her empathic abilities allow Meggan to feel all living things and even perceive things like the spirit plane where others with psionic abilities can't. Not only can she feel what others are feeling, she can also project feelings out to others. The most stunning use of this ability is when Meggan linked with the Earth's ecosystem. This allowed her to put out fires happening miles away and feel dewdrops forming on blades of grass. Lastly are Meggan elemental abilities which allow Meggan to absorb, manipulate, project and transmute various elemental energies to suit her needs. She can also enhanced others who wield elemental energies like Pete Wisdom's hot knives.

[POWER GRID]

[INTELLIGENCE] 2 (Normal)
    [STRENGTH] 7 (Incalculable: In excess of 100 tons.)
    [SPEED] 4 (Speed of Sound: Able to move at a peak velocity between Mach-1 to Mach-2 (approximately 1,520 mph).)
    [DURABILITY] 6 (Superhuman)
    [ENERGY PROJECTION] 7 (Virtually unlimited command of all types of energy)
    [FIGHTING SKILLS] 3 (Some Training)

Notable Readings

Captain Britain Vol 2 #5-14
    Excalibur Vol 1 #1-125
    Captain Britain and MI13 Vol 1 #1
    X-Men: Gold Annual Vol 1 #1
    Knights of X Vol 1 #1

Related Threads

Brian Braddock: Captain Britain Appreciation 2022
    Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I love Meggan! I also wanted to add that she's one of the few X-Men who had the honour of being created by Alan Moore and Alan Davis... not a shabby pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I love Meggan! I also wanted to add that she's one of the few X-Men who had the honour of being created by Alan Moore and Alan Davis... not a shabby pedigree.
    Very true, also one of very few married mutants. Quite unique in the X-Space.

Excalibur Vol 1 #125

Excalibur Vol 1 #80

Meggan stops molten lava from killing family because she told it to, and is also able to turn her body in to molten lava!

Last edited by Knightmare; 05-09-2022 at 06:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I always loved this panel and the captions from Warren Ellis' Excalibur.

Excalibur #92 - Strongest .jpg

Astonishing Member

What's Meggan's background? For some reason, I thought she was faerie folk but both Wiki and my favorite Marvel wiki say she's Romani. Anyone know which issue(s) her origin is explained?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I always loved this panel and the captions from Warren Ellis' Excalibur.

Excalibur #92 - Strongest .jpg
    I remember this panel, it was when Colossus tries to kill Pete Wisdom. Meggan and Brian ended up having to knock him out.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    What's Meggan's background? For some reason, I thought she was faerie folk but both Wiki and my favorite Marvel wiki say she's Romani. Anyone know which issue(s) her origin is explained?
    This image of her looking wolf-like has Captain Britain Vol. 2 #8 in the url.

The issue has a story titled Childhood's End with the synopsis of "Meggan undergoes a staggering transformation", but that's all it says. It says she appears in a flashback though so it's likely her origin story. (Bonus: The issue is also Betsy's first appearance.)
    https://heykidscomics.fandom.com/wik...ritain_Vol_2_8
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This image of her looking wolf-like has Captain Britain Vol. 2 #8 in the url.

The issue has a story titled Childhood's End with the synopsis of "Meggan undergoes a staggering transformation", but that's all it says. It says she appears in a flashback though so it's likely her origin story. (Bonus: The issue is also Betsy's first appearance.)
    https://heykidscomics.fandom.com/wik...ritain_Vol_2_8
    Adding to this, part of her origins are also explained in her first appearance, in the Jaspers Warps storyline in Mighty World of Marvel #7 where she narrates. She is taken from her family’s caravan by the government to be imprisoned bc of her mutation (although I remember they used a different word instead of mutants, that I can’t remember well now lol).

The Captain Britain and M13 Annual also shows Meggan in her childhood and briefly touches the anti-Roma discrimination she faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Adding to this, part of her origins are also explained in her first appearance, in the Jaspers Warps storyline in Mighty World of Marvel #7 where she narrates. She is taken from her family’s caravan by the government to be imprisoned bc of her mutation (although I remember they used a different word instead of mutants, that I can’t remember well now lol).

The Captain Britain and M13 Annual also shows Meggan in her childhood and briefly touches the anti-Roma discrimination she faced.
    For most of her run it is understood that Meggan comes from a traveller(Gypsy) background. As of the current Excalibur/Knights of X run she now has connections to Otherworld and is now from a Fae background.

Excalibur Vol 1 #38

Meggan turning in to a version of the Human Torch to fight 'fire with fire' and then changing in to the Silver Surfer to wield the power cosmic.

I never realised how powerful Meggan really is. I hope we get to actually see her do something in Knights of X.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I never realised how powerful Meggan really is. I hope we get to actually see her do something in Knights of X.
    Yall dont know. Meggan is incredibly powerful. And most importantly very versatile.

All-New Member

Didn't really know she was that powerful. Pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Excalibur Vol 1 #38

Meggan turning in to a version of the Human Torch to fight 'fire with fire' and then changing in to the Silver Surfer to wield the power cosmic.

I love her power display so much, she is incredibly powerful and versatile