Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default George Perez Has Passed Away

To all of George’s fans and friends,
    Constance here, with the update no one wants to read. George passed away yesterday, peacefully at home with his wife of 490 months and family by his side. He was not in pain and knew he was very, very loved.
    We are all very much grieving but, at the same time, we are so incredibly grateful for the joy he brought to our lives. To know George was to love him; and he loved back. Fiercely and with his whole heart. The world is a lot less vibrant today without him in it.
    He loved all of you. He loved hearing your posts and seeing the drawings you sent and the tributes you made. He was deeply proud to have brought so much joy to so many.
    Everyone knows George’s legacy as a creator. His art, characters and stories will be revered for years to come. But, as towering as that legacy is, it pales in comparison to the legacy of the man George was. George’s true legacy is his kindness. It’s the love he had for bringing others joy - and I hope you all carry that with you always.
    Today is Free Comic Book Day. A day George absolutely loved and a fitting day to remember his contributions to comics and to our lives. I hope you’ll enjoy your day today with him in mind. He would have loved that.
    Please keep his wife Carol in your thoughts and again, I thank you for respecting her privacy. I remain available through the contact on the page.
    George's memorial service will take place at MEGACON Orlando at 6pm on Sunday, May 22nd. It will be open to all. Details to follow.
    We will miss him always.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

My condolences to Mr. Perez' family and loved ones. Thank you for everything sir.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He was an icon and will be missed.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

RIP to the greatest of a generation.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

He was an utter legend and seems to be such a genuine and kind person on top of that. I'm glad he at least passed away peacefully.

RIP George Perez.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This is heartbreaking. Condolences to George's family and friends.

I remember falling in love with his art on Infinity Gauntlet as a child first, only to discover his many other works years later when I started really getting into comics. He will not be forgotten.

Icon of my childhood, R.I.P.

One of the greatest comic artists, I will always remember his attention for details and the rich experience the issues he worked on offered.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

RIP George, thanks for sharing your talent with all of us.

Sending love and hugs to his loved ones.

Spectacular Member

I hate this year. We are losing too many of the greats. RIP to the master.

RIP to the master of detail and my all time favorite artist.

I appreciate comic art, but it doesn't tend to move the needle for me when it comes to deciding if I want to read a book. That's because not everyone is George Perez. He defined what superheroes are supposed to look like for me and I don't imagine that there will ever be anyone better.

I look forward to reading his work and wish I got to shake his hand. RIP.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

This is sad news. He was one of the greatest creative talents at DC. This is huge loss. R.I.P.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I know he has a billion gorgeous books, panels, and artwork but right now, I think of George Perez's Beast jumping around Avengers Mansion. I can't think of a better comic book experience.