Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have to ask - why do people even want the Justice League to fit into The Batman verse?
    Because you only see so much of Batman's personality when he operates virtually on his own? I liked the more fleshed out Batman from the DCAU.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Because you only see so much of Batman's personality when he operates virtually on his own? I liked the more fleshed out Batman from the DCAU.
    True. I would prefer interactions with Batman s Supporting cast over hanging out with the JL even a grounded JL. Montoya has never been used, Harvey had only a Brief Moment with Bruce in 2008. Bullock or one of the Robins. The JL can have the heroes with Powers and Darkseid. JL always celebrates the most uninteresting aspects of DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Would you?

Like, a guy that injects liquid nitrogen and freezes people to death? A guy who wears lots of different masks? An eco-terrorist who uses poisons?

I feel like it would seem like any other crime thriller that way.
    I've joked in the past that Nolan-verse inspired version of the Mr Freeze would just be Mr Fries, a slightly pale dude in a leather jacket and red tinted sunglasses and at one point he will hit someone over the head with a bag of ice and that will be their reference to Freeze's ice gun.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    True. I would prefer interactions with Batman s Supporting cast over hanging out with the JL even a grounded JL. Montoya has never been used, Harvey had only a Brief Moment with Bruce in 2008. Bullock or one of the Robins. The JL can have the heroes with Powers and Darkseid. JL always celebrates the most uninteresting aspects of DC.
    Where’s the fun in that? I want a connected and vibrant DCU. I want to see all my favorite characters interact and fight the good fight! You can still have Batman interact with his side of the DCU in his solo films, but a connected DCU with a JL, Teen Titans…etc is a must! The genre has changed and I really wish DC would get their act together as fans deserve a great cinematic universe
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    You don't need a shared universe for that. If anything, we saw more of Bruce's personality developed in his own series and not the rest of the DCAU. Also, Bruce wasn't on his own in this or even previous movies.

Retired

There's a good number of characters that have no powers or very limited powers that would fit into this kind of universe. I really liked THE LIBERTY FILES with the Bat, the Clock and the Owl. If Bruce has Venom, then an Hourman type character could use that to give himself a boost for an hour. Other than aliens and ghosts, most characters could fit into that universe--if you really wanted that to happen.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The only incarnation of Batman that pulled this off was The Batman on Kids' WB but the scales for that show was tipped to effing ridiculous compared to what we get in The Batman (2022).
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You don't need a shared universe for that. If anything, we saw more of Bruce's personality developed in his own series and not the rest of the DCAU. Also, Bruce wasn't on his own in this or even previous movies.
    On his own as a superhero.

And you can’t tell a Cadmus arc without a Justice League. Just one example.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Where’s the fun in that? I want a connected and vibrant DCU. I want to see all my favorite characters interact and fight the good fight! You can still have Batman interact with his side of the DCU in his solo films, but a connected DCU with a JL, Teen Titans…etc is a must! The genre has changed and I really wish DC would get their act together as fans deserve a great cinematic universe
    They're actually trying to salvage the DCEU, so there's no point piggybacking a new universe onto The Batman.

Like trying to have Nolan's Batman retroactively inserted into the Ryan Reynolds GL and Superman Returns movies.

BANNED

Was hoping it would be more of a 2008 Iron Man/Increible Hulk situation. MCU was more grounded then.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Like trying to have Nolan's Batman retroactively inserted into the Ryan Reynolds GL and Superman Returns movies.
    I think they were trying to do that. BATMAN BEGINS and SUPERMAN RETURNS are similar sounding names for movies. I think they intentionally wanted us to think they were related and might have tried to find a way to link them if either had been a massive success.

When GREEN LANTERN was about to be released, there were high hopes for the movie and everyone thought it would be the beginning of an entire universe. Had that happened, they might have found a way to link in the Nolan Batman.

What gave rise to MAN OF STEEL was Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer trying to figure out how to do for Superman what they had done for Batman. Calling it MAN Of STEEL, rather than SUPERMAN STARTS, was using the sobriquet in the same way they had used DARK KNIGHT for Batman. And it came out on the heels of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (just in time to meet the deadline for a new Superman movie imposed by the court). They didn't link the two franchises but the dark approach to both made them taste similar. Then later Warner decided to create a universe out of Snyder's Superman with no direct links to the Nolanverse.

Of course they can. The Batman's tone is for the story it's telling, not the world it takes place in.

BANNED

Forgot to mention— Introducing sci Fi and magical concepts through other properties allows you to more easily introduce more comic acccurate villains down the line, like Lazarus Pit Ra’s, Freeze Gun Victor, etc. Having Poison IVy show up after the Superman or Flash parts of the universe develop just makes it easier to accept less grounded concepts in later Bat films set in the same universe. You don’t have to keep repeating the same non-powered villains over and over.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 05-16-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Depends, how big is the shoehorn and how much WD-40 do you have?