Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't know. His super-lenses (which I can't see being possible with present day technology) and his ability to survive explosive blasts to the face and chest seem more outlandish than any movie Batman to date.
    Actually the super-lenses aren't that outlandish. No seriously, go Google "mojo vision" right now. They've got a working prototype that's not very far removed from the capabilities of Bruce's contacts in this movie.
    And plenty of action heroes have survived explosions like that. Last Indiana Jones movie had Indy survive a nuke just by going in a fridge.
    Just saying that there's a large gap between what we saw in The Batman and the rest of the Justice League.

I'd rather not find out. Do another Justice League film with a totally separate continuity. Just start with the "super friends" already having been in action for some years.

I'd rather not see all the ways that this Batman doesn't trust them, etc.

Astonishing Member

I honestly hope that Cinematic Universes just die. It's not worth the effort.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd rather not find out. Do another Justice League film with a totally separate continuity. Just start with the "super friends" already having been in action for some years.

I'd rather not see all the ways that this Batman doesn't trust them, etc.
    If they restart, I'd definitely skip the origin stuff. It's a team that (somewhat) knows each other, superheroes already exist, villains already exist. Establish relationships and personalities, and get on with it.

No it could not.

I rather get the Outsiders than the League if they are gonna try.

It’d be interesting to see more grounded and less fantastical versions of Poison Ivy, Clayface and Mister Freeze… I wonder if it could be done.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It’d be interesting to see more grounded and less fantastical versions of Poison Ivy, Clayface and Mister Freeze… I wonder if it could be done.
    Would you?

Like, a guy that injects liquid nitrogen and freezes people to death? A guy who wears lots of different masks? An eco-terrorist who uses poisons?

I feel like it would seem like any other crime thriller that way.

Definitely not Shazam lol

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather get the Outsiders than the League if they are gonna try.
    This sounds like a cool idea maybe each of them fights a different gang in Gotham

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Would you?

Like, a guy that injects liquid nitrogen and freezes people to death? A guy who wears lots of different masks? An eco-terrorist who uses poisons?

Actually that sounds like it could be quite good. I imagine a great take on Clayface could be like an evil version of Sam Raimi's Darkman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Would you?

I imagine a cold blooded bank robber in a blue suit that tells people to freeze when holding them at gun point lol.

They definitely could, especially with good writing and oversight. Nothing in Th Batman negates the existence of aliens (Superman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl), Amazons (Wonder Woman), Atlantis (Aquaman) or Metas (Flash). It’s not like The Batman was realistic either since he took bombs to the face, gun shots to the body and injected himself with venom/adrenaline… WB can easily just make it so Batman is the first of the heroes and all yet other start popping up after (Batman is only Year 2 after all).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I have to ask - why do people even want the Justice League to fit into The Batman verse?

I would love to se Pattinson's emo Batman interact with other heroes but I don't think they're going that route. Keaton is the shared universe Batman.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have to ask - why do people even want the Justice League to fit into The Batman verse?
    It's just a mental exercise. Some fun to imagine how such a thing could play out if it did. I've done the same with every other Batman movie--other than the Affleck one (but maybe you could imagine how an Affleck movie could have gone with him being the only super-hero in his universe). Just because I imagine something doesn't mean it will happen or it should happen.