Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
Welp, looks like someone here's an anarchist. Seriously, I'm not gonna even touch the situation unfolding in Ferguson, which is an incredibly complex and nuanced issue that you're just glossing over with such a sweeping generalization right there.

Anyway, I noticed how you don't really offer much evidence to back up your claims. No, seriously, you have to tell me how exactly MOS displayed Clark being negative, selfish, or bending to the will of an unjust government.

How was he negative? The movie never really showed Clark as being overtly negative or gloomy. The absence of overjoyed enthusiasm at the prospect of saving the world from bad guys does not equal negativity. Clark was shown as a character who, while a little reluctant to showcase his full potential for fear of judgment and ostracism, eventually takes the reigns and accepts his role as a hero. HINT: that's how a normal person would act. I know you all are gonna say "I wouldn't," but the fact is that you don't know how you'd act in his shoes until you actually are in that situation.

How was he selfish? Was it for all those years he had spent using his powers to help people whenever he could? I'm sure that school bus full of children thought he was just being a showoff. If he was truly selfish he would have let that oil rig burn or those kids drown.

And finally, how exactly was he symbolic of restricting power to the government and away from the people? As already explained, he spent years helping out people who needed him, whenever they needed him. Furthermore, at the end of the movie, he is shown actively resisting government attempts to surveil him. How is he at all taking power away from the people and concentrating it in the hands of the government when he in fact uses his power to help people and resist the government?

Dude, the only thing that makes no sense is your reasoning. Its almost as if you didn't see the movie.
No, really? Someone might spend hours upon hours, making countless posts, bashing a movie they haven't even watched? Like, who would do that?