Default Favorite “Hero fights alone” stories

I think everyone loves a good “hero fights alone” story.
    The details may change, but usually these stories play out in one set place, and the heroes are outgunned/outnumbered/out powered w. little to no help coming their way.

What are your favorites?

In a classic heroes-meet-and-fight story, Iron Fist goes to see his gf Misty Knight (who’s rooming w. Jean Grey) and ends up fighting Wolverine. And Colossus. And Nightcrawler. And Banshee. In an empty soon to be trashed apartment. Such a good story!

During the Holidays, Kitty Pryde winds up alone in the X-Mansion battling a N’Garai Demon, because comics! Kitty had only been around 14 issues or so and a bunch of us thought they were gonna kill her off!

The X-Men get their butts handed to them after invading The Hellfire Club. Though seemingly taken out early, Wolverine’s the last one standing, and goes full John McClane against The Club and it’s security force. It’s one of the early Wolvie-is-a-badass stories.

Hawkeye is forced to leave the Avengers but scores a security gig w. Cross Technological Enterprises. His first night on the job at one of CTE’s warehouse he has to go up against the Shi’ar Warrior Deathbird! It’s a cat and mouse game throughout the warehouse w. Hawkeye trying to stay one step ahead. He wins in the end, and even steals a kiss from Deathbird.

Speaking of archers, Connor Hawke the new Green Arrow, gets invited to the JLA’s Watchtower HQ. He’s a bit overwhelmed by the experience, but has to man up and save the JLA from the Key, of all ppl! Connor ends up saving the day and using some of his dad’s trick arrows which are on display at the Watchtower, most infamously the iconic boxing glove arrow.

Members of the Injustice Society (Blackbriar Thorn, Count Vertigo, Geomancer, Icicle, Killer Wasp, Tigress) break into JSA HQ, w. only Wildcat, wearing nothing but a towel on and a cast on his left hand to try and stop them. This was a great way to showcase Wildcat, and it made a lot of young readers fans of the guy!

Demon in a Bottle will be remembered for Tony bravely overcoming his addiction. In addition, it had a "hero fights alone" moment that I've always liked.

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-09-2022 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Hopefully this one counts, but another favorite would be Daredevil in...

"Arena!"
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-11-2022 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Two great picks, K7P5V!

^^^Thanks. Another favorite is an untold tale of the Secret Wars (1984) with Thor on BattleWorld...
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-10-2022 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Moon Knight (2014) #5

Amazing Spider-Man (1964) Annual #1

Batman #406

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Hopefully this one counts, but another favorite would be Jonni Future in...

"The Garden of the Sklin"