Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Spider-Gwen's age is definitely closer to Miles' than 616's Peter. Which is weird, now that I think of it. Back in "Spider-Geddon", Spider-Gwen was able to impersonate her counterpart, even when there's supposed to be several years of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought that was in Clone Conspiracy that she impersonated Earth-616's "reanimated Gwen."
    Clone Conspiracy Gwen was "resurrected" at the age she died at, which was in her first or second year of University, so she would likely still be 18-20.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    That's Spiderverse. Jason Latour has said Gwen is two years older than Miles. She was 19 when he was 16, so I'm assuming there are a couple of months thrown in.
    Edit:
    Found it!

From 2017 so Sliding time scale puts her at 20.

Miles is factually correct, Gwen is barely two years his senior. Spider-woman has nearly three on him instead.

@ the thread in general: 616 Gwen died when she was 20.
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-10-2022 at 06:38 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

There's another book with Miles kissing Gwen?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's another book with Miles kissing Gwen?
    It's just a variant cover for Miles' book

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

It's just funny both are dealing with multiversal shenanigans at the moment

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Son, if you consider yourself a real Spider-MAN, you gotta date a Gwen Stacy. /j
    If he's 18 and she's 20, it's legal, but I'd want Marvel to wait until he's 20 and she's 22. Teenagers should be off-limits to anyone not a teen.
    Not true.
    If you’re 18 or 19, you’re free to date whoever older than you, as long as it’s not a teacher or someone with power over you.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-10-2022 at 01:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, I know. But that's the thing. 616-Gwen was a little older than Spider-Gwen nowadays, so I don't undersand how she could impersonate her counterpart with that difference of age.
    Apparently, all 65-Gwen needed was hair extensions, because she had shorter hair back then (she tends to be drawn with longer hair like 616-Gwen nowadays, but this was when her original series by Latour was still running).

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Is she? She's got a driver's license which in NYS is a 16 and up thing, but I always thought she was a bit older than Cassie. more like Kate Bishop or Riri's age. She lives on her own and owns a lab. She's a genius but I think she's a college grad too? the License thing is how I sort of gauge it because both Franklin and Valeria of the F4 applied for licenses early in Slotts run. Also, most of the Champions technically have a mentor they could apply under, Peter offered to 'watch over' both Gwen and Miles but they both refused if I remember right. I don't think it really mattered though, I seem to remember Roxxon and the powers behind the law wanting to make an example of all Champions members regardless of their mentor ship status. Something about a stepping stone to reapplying full Super Human Registration.
    In the Ant-Man and the Wasp mini that ran before the second series of Unstoppable Wasp, Scott mentioned that Cassie and Nadia are the same age. Then in Unstoppable Wasp, Scott brought Cassie to meet Nadia, which resulted in a Champions/Young Avengers team-up. They've been best pals since apparently, not that there's been much of it seen due to Cassie not being used often. Nadia only briefly lived alone. After building her suit, she tracked down the Avengers, who brought her to Janet, who eventually adopted her, she's her stepdaughter after all. Nadia lives with Janet now - and it's actually Janet who owns GIRL too, it's part of Pym Labs. She's never been to college, she escaped from the Red Room, like Black Widow. Riri's the one who was at college despite only being 15 (yeah, Riri's younger than you thought too, she's not Kate's age at all).

As for Champions mentors, Kamala obviously has Carol, though Tony is also a possible alternative. Riri has Tony. Sam has Richard Rider, and if he wasn't available, he'd probably pick Thor, who was the one who first recommended him to the Avengers. Miles has Peter, with Captain America Steve Rogers as a possible alternative. Patriot and Falcon both have Sam Wilson, and Rayshaun actually DID register him as his mentor. Starling and Bombshell would probably go with the same as Miles. Nadia obviously has Janet, with Mockingbird (the other adult supervisor at GIRL) available as cover.

Brawn was in a tricky situation as Hulk isn't a suitable mentor, the government probably wouldn't have considered drunkard Hercules a suitable one either, and She-Hulk wasn't really an option at the time either because of what was going on with her in Avengers. I think he hid out with the Agents of Atlas until Viv brought him back in. Viv, obviously could've picked Vision as a mentor, but instead chose to run away using the human persona High Evolutionary had given her (too bad she didn't have it in Secret Empire, there was missions there she had to stay out of because of her non-human appearance). Dust could've just hidden on Krakoa, but instead only went there to tell Cyclops what was going on (who then brought in Pixie and the Marauders to help the Champions). Snowguard would probably have picked Snowbird from Alpha Flight, she named herself after her and Guardian. Pinpoint and Locust were basically screwed - those two were created specifically for Champions and aren't legacy characters.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

See I do get the impression that Marvel has been silently cursing themselves for introducing this iteration of Gwen as a college student because virtually every adaptation of Spider-Gwen has made her a teenager.

On that same token I also get the idea that if they had it their way, characters like Peter Parker and Kitty Pryde would've never been allowed to grow up either lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    See I do get the impression that Marvel has been silently cursing themselves for introducing this iteration of Gwen as a college student because virtually every adaptation of Spider-Gwen has made her a teenager.

On that same token I also get the idea that if they had it their way, characters like Peter Parker and Kitty Pryde would've never been allowed to grow up either lol
    Pretty much this. Hell, some of them have gone on to say that the worst mistake Marvel made with Spider-Man/Peter Parker was letting him leave high school so quickly, even if they "made up for it" by keeping him in college for a stretch of more than a decade in real life.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

It's like with Batgirl. Barbara Gordon started out an adult but most adaptions make her age-appropriate to Dick Grayson as Robin.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I'm on record of saying 616 Gwen was fine for sleeping with Norman Osborn, but he's a sleaze for doing the same. In the real world, it's legal, but that doesn't make it the right move for Ghost Spider to do it when she's a fictional heroine whose desires are decided by corporate, and she has potential love interests who aren't teens to pick from and he has LIs too. If Gwen knew Miles when she was an adult and he was a minor, their relationship looks predatory. If the guy is still in high school, it gives an appearance of impropriety. There is a comic of debatable canon within the Spider-Man franchise itself about an older teen trying and failing to groom Peter Parker into a relationship. So, I'd rather we avoided it with the alternate Earth Spider-man, please. Fans can ship them, and other adaptions that age both characters down can pair them. Marvel comics can wait the ten years it takes to age people two years to avoid making it look like Gwen is one of those creeps waiting for jail bait to become legal to finally make their move. I could care less what teenage fantasy writers had about scoring it big with college girls in High school; a current relationship would be off-putting.

I'm on record of saying 616 Gwen was fine for sleeping with Norman Osborn, but he's a sleaze for doing the same. In the real world, it's legal, but that doesn't make it the right move for Ghost Spider to do it when she's a fictional heroine whose desires are decided by corporate, and she has potential love interests who aren't teens to pick from and he has LIs too. If Gwen knew Miles when she was an adult and he was a minor, their relationship looks predatory. If the guy is still in high school, it gives an appearance of impropriety. There is a comic of debatable canon within the Spider-Man franchise itself about an older teen trying and failing to groom Peter Parker into a relationship. So, I'd rather we avoided it with the alternate Earth Spider-man, please. Fans can ship them, and other adaptions that age both characters down can pair them. Marvel comics can wait the ten years it takes to age people two years to avoid making it look like Gwen is one of those creeps waiting for jail bait to become legal to finally make their move. I could care less what teenage fantasy writers had about scoring it big with college girls in High school; a current relationship would be off-putting.

Glad that got retconned. For reasons other than any kind of age gap between Norman and Gwen.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Glad that got retconned. For reasons other than any kind of age gap between Norman and Gwen.
    Well, yeah. The retcon was stupid but that story was lousy. A flashback where a murder victim had a one night stand with the villain who murdered her? WTF, Marvel?!?!

Astonishing Member

I don't think a two year age gap between legal adults is a big deal at all. This seems more like a personal hang-up than anything most people would care about or find to be immoral.