Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, what? When was Superman and Supergirl a thing?
    That’s Supergirl in a brunette wig.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Supergirl/c...supergirl_got/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Arisia was 13 and Kara was 16. Sigh. I see you want to make me choose between Scylla, Charybdis, and newspaper carriers littering my driveway with free advertisement packets despite repeated phone calls to their offices to leave me be. Fine. I would choose the ads, but you can count on me ringing up the managers to complain again.

Are you talking about Spider-verse? You're discussing how Gwen is less than two years older than Miles and possibly dating while they're both in high school. I've already mentioned the movie version doesn't apply to this conversation. They're cute kids. There's nothing wrong with waiting for comics Miles to reach 20 before dating Gwen, and conflating it with stunning examples of how public perception of acceptable age differences(and incest) has reformed over time will not change my mind. Marvel already rapidly aged Miles from 15 to 16. I prefer aging is more drawn out, obviously, but it's effortless to do it again in this medium.

Readers aren't even entirely sure of Miles' age(hence this thread) because the other balloon in #10 was deflated, and a candle is missing from the cake. We rely on the sliding scale method to assume his age. Meanwhile, the couple first met and kissed two+ years after her High School graduation. That's a bit different than two high school students sneaking kisses between classes. She was stated to be 19 before they met, and I'd rather avoid minors in relationships with adults. It's not like I'm criticizing fans for shipping them.

I'm also a little worried she'll eventually become the Spider equivalent to Barbara Gordon, a woman who DC executives ship with every lawfully permitted costumed male in the Batfamily, but that's a complaint against comics, not Miles/Gwen.
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-17-2022 at 08:59 AM.

Amazing Member

Isn't Gwen 20?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    That's Spiderverse. Jason Latour has said Gwen is two years older than Miles. She was 19 when he was 16, so I'm assuming there are a couple of months thrown in.
    Edit:
    Found it!

From 2017 so Sliding time scale puts her at 20.

Miles is factually correct, Gwen is barely two years his senior. Spider-woman has nearly three on him instead.

@ the thread in general: 616 Gwen died when she was 20.
    So she's 20?

Amazing Member

Also, did Miles celebrate his 17th or 18th birthday?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    Also, did Miles celebrate his 17th or 18th birthday?
    At least 17th, possibly closer to 18th. We'll know once he graduates high school, though given Gwen herself got slightly de-aged when her book was relaunched during Spider-Geddon . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    ?
    Currently, I'd put Earth-65 Gwen at 20-21 years old. She was definitely over 19, but in Ghost-Spider #8(2019), she was impacted by the Underage Superhuman Welfare Act, a law directed at vigilantes under the age of 21. As for Miles, I'm genuinely not sure which he celebrated. Unless he was minimalizing their age differences with a girl he had a crush on (which he was already doing) because he was grumpy security wouldn't let him into a bar serving alcoholic beverages, Miles should be 18 now. They both appear in the spider franchise, which expects its readers to believe Peter Parker is in his mid-twenties, so they are however old Marvel wants them to be.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Currently, I'd put Earth-65 Gwen at 20-21 years old. She was definitely over 19, but in Ghost-Spider #8(2019), she was impacted by the Underage Superhuman Welfare Act, a law directed at vigilantes under the age of 21. As for Miles, I'm genuinely not sure which he celebrated. Unless he was minimalizing their age differences with a girl he had a crush on (which he was already doing) because he was grumpy security wouldn't let him into a bar serving alcoholic beverages, Miles should be 18 now. They both appear in the spider franchise, which expects its readers to believe Peter Parker is in his mid-twenties, so they are however old Marvel wants them to be.
    Yeah, that sounds about right.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At least 17th, possibly closer to 18th. We'll know once he graduates high school, though given Gwen herself got slightly de-aged when her book was relaunched during Spider-Geddon . . .
    Wait how old is she now then?
    and de aged how?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why is this still going on if Miles is with Vulture's grand-daughter and Gwen is single?
    "Cable was right!"

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm also a little worried she'll eventually become the Spider bicycle for Spider-man like Barbara Gordon is for the Batfamily, but that's a complaint against comics, not Miles/Gwen.
    What the hell? How is Barbara the "family bicycle?"
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    What the hell? How is Barbara the "family bicycle?"
    Babs and Dick in comics.
    Babs and Bruce in Batman: animated series and Batman Beyond.
    Babs and Jason in 3 Jokers
    Babs and Tim in Arkham Knight video game

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why is this still going on if Miles is with Vulture's grand-daughter and Gwen is single?
    And most people read her as asexual.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Babs and Dick in comics.
    Babs and Bruce in Batman: animated series and Batman Beyond.
    Babs and Jason in 3 Jokers
    Babs and Tim in Arkham Knight video game
    She dated Luke Fox in the comics at one point too
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The pairing isn't dead yet. Reading any amount of Tiana + Miles makes it seem (most likely intentionally) flaky at best. Maybe even more so than Harry-65 + Gwen-65. It's not like people stopped pairing Peter with MJ when Carlie Cooper showed up, and Mary Jane got put on a bus. Or Felicia + Parker when she definitively 'lost'. Hell even for Morales' circle Lana, hasn't shown up in the book for over (or close to) a year and people (like me) still root for her. Tomoe hasn't shown up since her initial appearance and Kamala hasn't appeared in some 6 months and they still have followings. Marvel might not have writer tackling it at the moment, but they don't seem to mind the perception of it being a thing at some point since they allow bait covers teasing it. Compare it to say Cindy Moon and Peter Parker who haven't appeared together on a cover since those accusations of Asian fetishization. That's a pairing that is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That’s Supergirl in a brunette wig.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Supergirl/c...supergirl_got/
    I thought they were talking about the time Superman went back in time and smooched a 15 year old Lana Lang. I didn't know about this.

Currently, I'd put Earth-65 Gwen at 20-21 years old.
    That'd make her older than Gwenpool which would be weird.