View Poll Results: Is Wanda Redeemable after Doctor Strange 2?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 66.67%
  • No

15 33.33%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    The Shang-Chi post credits definitely indicated there was some semblance of a team.
    I dont feel like it did. Wong was stumped to the origin of the rings so he reached out to other experts (Bruce for his science knowledge and Carol for her space knowledge) for their input. I dont think Wong, Bruce and Carol are active in the MCU as Avengers together

Mighty Member

All it appears to me is that they took the greatest X-Men story "the Dark Phoenix Saga" and turned it into the "Scarlett Witch Saga." Instead of the Phoenix force as the corruptible agent, it's the Darkhold. I mean Wanda even has Jean's power signature color.

Sometimes when a character is or becomes a villain, story tellers need to allow them to be or stay villains. But I guess when the X-Men show up, we will not eventually get a version of the DPS as they have used that story in Dr. Strange 2.

Lol, thats hilarious. War Machine is basically the Avengers now. And I have a feeling he dipped just because, getting crippled and stuff during his last stint. The Avengers aren't. They might be coming up in the future some time, as a Young Avengers. But for now its really back to individuals having their own adventures, and GotG doing whatever their mission might be at any given time.

Dr. Strange confronted Wanda basically to ask for her help, because while he suspected she was probably still deluded, he wanted to confirm it and see what she was planning.

Kind of a good time to introduce the X-Men and FF, hint hint.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The movie had a simple explanation. She was corrupted by the Darkhold.

So she's redeemable.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Curious as to whether fans feel Wanda is redeemable after the events of Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

Given the totality of the character's arc so far, from AoU through Wandavision, and understanding the tragedy she's experienced...I still think she's past the point of no return in terms of becoming a hero again (provided she didn't actually die at the conclusion of the movie, which I don't believe she did).

Truthfully I'm shocked the remaining Avengers didn't go after her following Westview. I thought Doctor Strange's explanation in DS2 that she eventually did the right thing was a cop-out. But I suppose from the end of Wandavision to the beginning of DS2, they wanted us to believe the character was still an Avenger, albeit a flawed one, to set up the surprise of her turn in DS2.

Anyway, my vote is no. Between Westview and the events of DS2, I think she's firmly planted in the dark side.
    Disney owns Star Wars as well, where they tried to redeem a space nazi school shooter. Wanda might actually be small potatoes compared to Kylo Ren.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Disney owns Star Wars as well, where they tried to redeem a space nazi school shooter. Wanda might actually be small potatoes compared to Kylo Ren.
    Wanda is most definitely small potatoes compared to Kylo, and again, I think a big definitive difference in Wanda’s favor is that she’s shown to have lines she won’t cross (the kids themselves) and would back down from. Well, that and she has a metric shit-ton more sympathetic trauma in her backstory and a more explicit corrupting influence that’s shown to work on everyone who’s used it so far, compared to Ben Solo being a child of privilege with living, loving parents who seems to just be a stupid, gullible turd of a human being with no virtues.

Not to suggest that just because Wanda’s clearly more complex and sympathetic than Ben means she’s complex and sympathetic enough for redemption by itself - Ben Solo was a unique case of blatant studio prejudices dealing with his actor, race, sex, and his characters last name overwriting everything, and both the uniqueness of those biases in his favor and the fact it was LFL and not Marvel under Disney means he can’t be perfectly compared to Wanda.

Wanda getting a shot at redemption really comes down more to whether Kevin Feige thinks it’s a good idea to do so and demands the same quality of work we expect of the MCU, which is admittedly a more strenuous but reassuring quality than what LFL held their blatantly preferred Star to.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

Naw, she's not redeemable. You don't get a bunch of free murders IMO. Darkhold or not. Very dumb move by Disney IMO.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    ^^^^^^Exactly this. They gave her an "out" when they said the Darkhold corrupted her and she's been through a lot of trauma that makes her sympathetic. Some individual fans may not forgive/like her but the general audience will be able to forgive and forget pretty easily. She just needs to show up and have a big "Save the Day" moment to redeem herself to the audience.
    Thanks 80sbaby, What is good about Wanda's Character is even not just a Save the Day moment, but their is still much lore in Wanda's background the can be used in a comingback and much that can be valuted off after this point. It is not the story I wanted in MoM, but life does not always give what we want and we have to work with what life gives us.

Combine that with what I am seeing online elsewhere so far this has not hurt her popularity and support while increasing the desire to have now Solo Content for her, so with the Darker then Scarlet stuff now done they can pull away from the darker side to more of the postive sides.

We will see what happens, but desire for Wanda is still very high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The movie had a simple explanation. She was corrupted by the Darkhold.

So she's redeemable.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Is bucky redeemable? He killed tons of good people and his best friends tonys parents who were begging for their lifes?

Bucky and wanda were both controlled. Do you blame the kind wanda from the other earth? It was her body that did the killing. Did they arrest her in that other universe for the deaths?

To me when heroes get mind controlled by someone or something i don't blame them, i blame the one or thing controlling them.

With that said she should have got rid of the darkhold or sent it to dr strange to lock up as soon as she got it.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Is bucky redeemable? He killed tons of good people and his best friends tonys parents who were begging for their lifes?

Bucky and wanda were both controlled. Do you blame the kind wanda from the other earth? It was her body that did the killing. Did they arrest her in that other universe for the deaths?

To me when heroes get mind controlled by someone or something i don't blame them, i blame the one or thing controlling them.
    Wanda was not controlled. She was corrupted based on willing choices she made.

That doesn't compare to Bucky at all.

Still something else changing her.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Still something else changing her.
    Because she allowed it to change her.

IST she Dead?

Spectacular Member

It all depends on the writing. Elizabeth Olsen can definitely pull off the acting in my opinion to make the character sympathetic enough that most casual viewers will buy into it from what I have seen. Also, I think there isn't much more you can do with a villainous Wanda at this point. Doctor Strange 2 basically showed how far Wanda is willing to go, even under the corrupting effects of the Darkhold. You can't really up the stakes at this point, so the interesting way to go, IMO, is how she goes about picking up the pieces.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Naw, she's not redeemable. You don't get a bunch of free murders IMO. Darkhold or not. Very dumb move by Disney IMO.
    They redeemed Loki.