View Poll Results: Is Wanda Redeemable after Doctor Strange 2?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 66.67%
  • No

15 33.33%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

No.5678910

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They didn't allow her mind to be wiped. Agatha made her forget her children and then Wanda remembered it way before Disassembled. She did brutally murder Avengers. Several of them in fact. Jack of Hearts is still gone. Hawkeye, Vision, Jack of Hearts and Scott Lang were all killed. Everyone else injured. She depowered mutants which killed an untold amount. Depending on the story it could be up to millions of people.

All because she took on the Life Force to bring back her sons. Sound familiar?
    Again, intentionally or not I think you're making an argument that Wanda isn't redeemable in the comic books either. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I hated when they explained away Hal's dark turn as a giant space cockroach influencing him and I don't think he should have just walked away from punishment. But I understand works of fiction and fandom, and I know people will love Wanda regardless, just as they love Loki and love Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Again, intentionally or not I think you're making an argument that Wanda isn't redeemable in the comic books either. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I hated when they explained away Hal's dark turn as a giant space cockroach influencing him and I don't think he should have just walked away from punishment. But I understand works of fiction and fandom, and I know people will love Wanda regardless, just as they love Loki and love Hal.
    No she was redeemed in comics and not even nearly the only character. Vision, Tony, Doom, Mags, Cyclops. It's a common trope. She likely will be redeemed. How you feel about that personally is another thing.

I hate the trope, but it's all over comics. And they love it to death. And yeah people are celebrating Wanda's villain turn, saying she is the moment. And happy she can beat everyone.

I hate that she hasn't had her time as a hero in the movies as much. But I know movies don't have the time comics have.

I want for them to have her face what she's done. Because flying away or killing herself (I don't believe she's really dead) is just escaping facing what she did. Even if she did destroy the Darkhold, it's power signature is still there. They need to have her fix what she's started with the incursions. Help save the universe, and stop the infatuation with magical babies she only spent 6 days with.

One of the things that's difficult to buy about the movie is she went from being concerned about her sons, to wanting to kidnap someone else's. And didn't show much concern for the other people she lost. One of them her twin that she was inseparable with. But then again in comics, they had her forget her kids again 15 years after remembering them and coming to terms with that. So I guess bad writing just follows her.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-10-2022 at 01:05 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Mighty Member

They didn't allow her mind to be wiped. Agatha made her forget her children and then Wanda remembered it way before Disassembled. She did brutally murder Avengers. Several of them in fact. Jack of Hearts is still gone. Hawkeye, Vision, Jack of Hearts and Scott Lang were all killed. Everyone else injured. She depowered mutants which killed an untold amount. Depending on the story it could be up to millions of people.

All because she took on the Life Force to bring back her sons. Sound familiar?
    Jack of Hearts is back in the new She Hulk book.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Jack of Hearts is back in the new She Hulk book.
    Oh I missed that, but am glad he's finally back!

No she was redeemed in comics and not even nearly the only character. Vision, Tony, Doom, Mags, Cyclops. It's a common trope. She likely will be redeemed. How you feel about that personally is another thing.

I hate the trope, but it's all over comics. And they love it to death. And yeah people are celebrating Wanda's villain turn, saying she is the moment. And happy she can beat everyone.

I hate that she hasn't had her time as a hero in the movies as much. But I know movies don't have the time comics have.

I want for them to have her face what she's done. Because flying away or killing herself (I don't believe she's really dead) is just escaping facing what she did. Even if she did destroy the Darkhold, it's power signature is still there. They need to have her fix what she's started with the incursions. Help save the universe, and stop the infatuation with magical babies she only spent 6 days with.

One of the things that's difficult to buy about the movie is she went from being concerned about her sons, to wanting to kidnap someone else's. And didn't show much concern for the other people she lost. One of them her twin that she was inseparable with. But then again in comics, they had her forget her kids again 15 years after remembering them and coming to terms with that. So I guess bad writing just follows her.
    Well rumor is going around she is going to have some role in the X-Men MCU movie series.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Well rumor is going around she is going to have some role in the X-Men MCU movie series.
    There is Liz's quote that she'd be interested, but that's about it. I don't need her to be over there. I need her to fix what she did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I'm not arguing whether Marvel will redeem her. They may very well take that path, especially since she's signed on for more films/shows.

I am convinced she's irredeemable, even if Marvel takes that path. You can't go and violently murder people in an attempt to kill a child for her power and come back from that clean, not in my viewpoint. Sorry if you're bothered by my stance. I didn't start this thread to have my mind changed, I started it to engage people in conversation.
    Then what was the point of this discussion if you've already made up your mind?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Then what was the point of this discussion if you've already made up your mind?
    To talk...?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Oh I missed that, but am glad he's finally back!
    Indeed It happen and it was good to see him back finally, I only so far glanced threw the issue but it was Sweet seeing him back!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

Wanda will encounter White Vision again.

Scarlet Witch is way more interesting as a villan then she was as a hero sorry she was just kinda boring as a hero I hope she's the new Thanos in future movies

Edited post.

Yea I think so. It's fiction so her killing some people isn't something I mind. Hell, she was the bright spot of this movie for me. I'm already on #TeamWanda

And as people have said, if dudes like Loki got some redemption, I'll root for Wanda to get it as well. Especially since the Darkhold is such an easy thing to blame
    Last edited by The Kid; 05-11-2022 at 06:55 AM.

There is Liz's quote that she'd be interested, but that's about it. I don't need her to be over there. I need her to fix what she did wrong.
    How would she fix things?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.