Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes. The ones I follow regularly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes. The ones I follow regularly.
    Who are they?

Comic Tropes is very insightful, Casually Comics is delightfully funny, and WildeBeard's reviews is quite objective (though he hasn't shown in a while) and while Perch is probably the most well-rounded, he has his moments few and far between and he rambles constantly which is annoying AF, so I'm very selective with his vids.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    If that's all you got from it then no. However the reasons given for why it's not working are very interesting. You mustn't fear new perspectives!
    That's exactly what the guy in the video is complaining. New perspectives.
    I edited my post after I watched the whole video and his channel. As I said, dismissed. I don't want to give more attention to that guy.

Although I agreed with some of what that video said he literally only has issues with the LGTBQ+ women of the X-Office. And he named them Leah, Vita and Tini. I can't with people like him.

Comic Tropes is very insightful, Casually Comics is delightfully funny, and WildeBeard's reviews is quite objective (though he hasn't shown in a while) and while Perch is probably the most well-rounded, he has his moments few and far between and he rambles constantly which is annoying AF, so I'm very selective with his vids.
    I'll check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    That's exactly what the guy in the video is complaining. New perspectives.
    I edited my post after I watched the whole video and his channel. As I said, dismissed. I don't want to give more attention to that guy.
    That's not what I got from this. I think there is a reasonable expectation from anyone who reads mainstream comics on what they're looking for. D&D X-Men isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Although I agreed with some of what that video said he literally only has issues with the LGTBQ+ women of the X-Office. And he named them Leah, Vita and Tini. I can't with people like him.
    While the people mentioned in the video are part of the LGTBQ+ movement, I don't see that as the reason he's upset. Their sexuality or their gender doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of their work.

That being said, has anyone been blown away by anything they've done in the X-Office?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Just gonna leave this here, make of it as you will.

BE WARNED: SOME STRONG LANGUAGE IS USED

Well I am glad that there is guys like him that goes the opposite of what most printed reviews seems to go. A more accurate review of the issue is probably somewhere between these two points.

In general I like that she is trying new settings and stories. Even if I as a table top player and someone who has larped do not appreciate how she is using it. But what I can agree with and as many other has posted. On the page there doesn’t seem to be much enthusiasm for the characters. Unless it is to use them as something they never have been before. Witch is not a recipe to endear yourself to long time fans.

Here's the thing. When she talks about what she wants to do in interviews. Most of the time I'm like cool that sounds like that would be a cool story beat or my internal monologue will be like "oh thats what she was trying to do with this character"

But then you read the issue and youre like WTF TH your execution is NOT going the way you thought and the dialogue is so bland.

I think Vita Ayala's run on NM is great. My nitpick is Anole acting like a whiny 12 yr old.

Leah Williams gave me the New X-Men reunion so i'm happy on that point.

Incredible Member

Thinking Critical and Comics by Perch hate everything, there are so few of their videos that are positive, I agree with some of their complaints but is clear that they have a bias againts any LGBT or racial minority issue. They are Comicsgate Light. Great X-Mentations, Comic Tropes, WildeBeard's reviews and ComicsBook Herlad are great on the other hand. Casually Comics focuses to much on DC these days, so I don't care for her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Thinking Critical and Comics by Perch hate everything, there are so few of their videos that are positive, I agree with some of their complaints but is clear that they have a bias againts any LGBT or racial minority issue. They are Comicsgate Light. Great X-Mentations, Comic Tropes, WildeBeard's reviews and ComicsBook Herlad are great on the other hand. Casually Comics focuses to much on DC these days, so I don't care for her anymore.
    I really enjoy ComicBookHerald! He’s critical of the books he doesn’t like, but he never makes it personal and is honestly very fair in his assessments.

Yes. ...and CBH. (Though not as frequently as CT and WB)

Yes. ...and CBH. (Though not as frequently as CT and WB)
    May I ask, what is CT and WB are they podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    May I ask, what is CT and WB are they podcast?
    Comic Tropes and WildeBeard...They're Youtubers who specifically do vids pertaining to the Comic Book industry...reviews, commentary, interviews, etc.

Comic Tropes and WildeBeard...They're Youtubers who specifically do vids pertaining to the Comic Book industry...reviews, commentary, interviews, etc.
    Thanks thanks. Going to check them out!

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Theres a saying ex are exs for a reason. A person going back to there ex or worrying about there ex disappearing us sorta stalkerish. If my ex disappeared I would assume its because they didnt want me knowing where they were. A relationship that is over is over, its impossible to go back to a previous relationship, in life or comics. Even if you go back it is never the same as it was in the first place. That is because people grow and change, going back to an ex is going backwards in life not forward.
    I can see your point, but the distinction here is that Shatterstar was convinced that Rictor was dead (he wasn't, thanks to that "Age of X-Man BS) and was openly grieving the loss throughout The X-Force/Kid Cable/Transia mission. Maybe he went to Mojoworld after that mission? We'll never know, but Ric apparently never reached out ONCE to find out about 'Star's status. There was missed opportunity for X-Factor to tell him what 'Star was going through when the two teams crossed paths but... nope. It wasn't until that debacle of a reunion during the Hellfire Gala that Shatterstar, seeing Rictor, swept him up and shouted "You're alive!" (and Ric ran off like a litttle b*tch and had a temper tantrum). If this scenario is true -that Ric never reached out because of stuff- Well, that's just lazy writing all around.