Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how it does WW especially now that China seems to be boycotting the majority of NA blockbusters. And if interest has died down considerably waiting all this time.
    Cameron seems like the type who would make sure his movie would be acceptable to China.

I think interest has to have died down. The first one was entirely about the visuals. This trailer doesn’t reveal anything new or mind-blowing, but there’s a long way to release date.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Did anyone really care about the story in the past? Just sayin'.
    Not the people who bought almost $3 billion in tickets.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I had honestly forgotten they were making a sequel since it's been so long.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not the people who bought almost $3 billion in tickets.
    "Bro! you've gotta see this in 3D. it'll blow your mind! if you don't watch it in 3D it's like you're not even seeing the movie!"
    ... that doesn't really sound like the words of somebody who is invested in the STORY.

just because people bought tickets doesn't mean that they really cared about the characters and narrative. they might have simply loved the spectacular visuals.

at this point "simplistic" is probably the best that Cameron can do. all of Cameron's best films had additional writers helping produce the final script. I don't see that happening with the Avatar franchise. I'm not familiar enough with Josh Friedman's work to know.

eh, wasn't Josh Friedman the writer that gave us "Terminator: Dark Fate"?

most of his other work is on television. maybe his work on TV in the form of "Snow Piercer", "Foundation", "Emerald City", and "the Sarah Connor Chronicles" are better material... but then we have the problem of all of these being based on previously existing material. so, the appeal of those shows might be based on the strength of well-established characters and ideas triumphing over Friedman's skill as a storyteller.

I'm just not convinced the story telling is going to improve dramatically over the first film. as such, I have no interest in seeing it.

[it would take some form of payment or bribery to get me to watch this film.]

Didn't think the original was that great and this one doesn't look promising, either. Course, it's only a teaser trailer.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Legends said this day would never come.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    "Bro! you've gotta see this in 3D. it'll blow your mind! if you don't watch it in 3D it's like you're not even seeing the movie!"
    ... that doesn't really sound like the words of somebody who is invested in the STORY.

just because people bought tickets doesn't mean that they really cared about the characters and narrative. they might have simply loved the spectacular visuals.
    All true, and yet they might still show up in droves to see this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    All true, and yet they might still show up in droves to see this.
    They did for the Jurassic World sequel. I expect them to show up in droves again for this though it may not do as well as the original.

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    They did for the Jurassic World sequel. I expect them to show up in droves again for this though it may not do as well as the original.
    It could do half as well and still be a monster hit.

Yea the first movie wasn't that great the story was super predictable but the 3D and CGI was fantastic. I wasn't asking for sequels to this movie franchise but I will most likely end up watching the sequel just to see if it does anything new or interesting.

Side Note, I will say the Avatar Flight of Passage ride at Disney World is phenomenal and is better than the actual movie lol. Most of the Pandora area of Animal Kingdom is great and awesome at night with the glowing plants and stuff.

The first one never interested me, and this one interests me even less.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

So the first teaser is out:

And I know it's early and could be more polished before it actually hit theaters, but is it just me or do the graphics from the original look more "real" ?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    So the first teaser is out:

And I know it's early and could be more polished before it actually hit theaters, but is it just me or do the graphics from the original look more "real" ?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member