Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Now, the brilliant (or death-causing) part of the plan. Teenager Mad-scientist FTW (or FTL). I'm putting the Test sisters and Cyborg together. If they could give Johnny and his dog superpowers, what can they do with Cyborg?
    Depends on which continuity you're taking him from, but I'm guessing "Make him explode".

I just need to be careful of avoiding physical fights with the Klingons.
    While you personally might want to avoid the Klingons, they weren't so overpowered a normal human couldn't beat them. And you have a Naruto ninja, Kim Possible and a frickin' Teen Titan. There's no way a Klingon assassin or boarding party would amount to anything.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

As an aside, I work on getting requests for medical records filled in Tampa nowadays and I came across a law firm I'm terrified of: Munch & Munch!

Is there something you'd like to tell us Munchy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    As an aside, I work on getting requests for medical records filled in Tampa nowadays and I came across a law firm I'm terrified of: Munch & Munch!

Is there something you'd like to tell us Munchy?
    When I go for something, I get RESULTS!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    When I go for something, I get RESULTS!
    MunchKING, the Midgar Hammer!

Kim Possible is THE perfect number 1. I got my fighting and diplomatic skills right there.
    Hopefully she's a lot better when she's not spending all her time asking what's going on.

First Officer: The Doctor

Is that too OP? He will be the real captain I'm just a traveling companion.

Don't really need anyone else with the Doctor. But I'd go with anyone who had roles previously like Tasha Yar, Scotty, Dr. Crusher, ...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Zagreus, some clarity on what 'Advanced Combat Training' is?

Hey Sharp, sorry, been swamped for a few days!

Let's say Advanced Combat Training is the best training that Starfleet combo/slash Real Earth has to offer. Whatever they can offer, you can be trained in it. Probably multiple techniques. Though, you wouldn't be say at Batman level, or whatever. But a highly skilled sci-fi commando skilled in martial arts, close combat weaponry, and use of various ranged weapons (phasers, rifles, etc) plus some esoterics... sure!
    Last edited by Zagreus; 05-21-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the difference between just being a Broadside commander and coming up with something like The Picard Maneuver but some clarification would help.

Well as an overweight nerd I need the help so I can then take the calisthenics class put on by good ol Doc McNinja
    Well, you could select "Peak Fitness and Physical Conditioning" if you're out of shape as a "Create your own" choice. With that, and Advanced Combat Training, that's two of your skill selections though. Some of those Next Gen Captains were desk jockeys. (Captain Jellico, didn't look like he'd be kicking a lot of a$$, for example)
    Last edited by Zagreus; 05-21-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by StringfellowHawke View Post
    First Officer: The Doctor

Is that too OP? He will be the real captain I'm just a traveling companion.

Don't really need anyone else with the Doctor. But I'd go with anyone who had roles previously like Tasha Yar, Scotty, Dr. Crusher, ...
    Yeah the Doctor- as in Doctor Who- is too OP. If you're talking the EMH Doctor from Voyager, that's cool.

Spectacular Member

Lot's of cool responses btw. I got so swamped in work, I haven't even looked at this thread since I created it! Lol

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Hey Sharp, sorry, been swamped for a few days!

Let's say Advanced Combat Training is the best training that Starfleet combo/slash Real Earth has to offer. Whatever they can offer, you can be trained in it. Probably multiple techniques. Though, you wouldn't be say at Batman level, or whatever. But a highly skilled sci-fi commando skilled in martial arts, close combat weaponry, and use of various ranged weapons (phasers, rifles, etc) plus some esoterics... sure!
    No worries!

So, already have the hand to hand/melee stuff. I doubt Starfleet will add a HUGE amount to my own practical training that has been going on for an order of magnitude longer than Starfleet will give.

What would the Phaser/Ranged combat give me that’s better than Starfleet basic training?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    No worries!

So, already have the hand to hand/melee stuff. I doubt Starfleet will add a HUGE amount to my own practical training that has been going on for an order of magnitude longer than Starfleet will give.

What would the Phaser/Ranged combat give me that’s better than Starfleet basic training?
    You could probably be an expert phaser sharphooter, if that's of value to you. Though that's probably of dubious worth, honestly, if you already have descent combat skills- considering how good the Phasers are just with your basic Starfleet training package.

Spectacular Member

I'll post my own response here and add some fodder to the fire.

Captain Skills- yeah, I also want to fight, and not be caught with my pants down in combat situations. My actual trained skill (real world) is psychology, and I have zip for combat skills (outside a smattering of very basic aikido and fencing). So I select "Create your own: Advanced Physical Fitness and Conditioning, Advanced Combat Training, Advanced Tactical Training" I think I can delegate well and could negotiate with hostiles, so I'll select a team to explain the science to me, and who I feel I could work with.

First Officer: Kira Nerys. She should count as a normal, unenhanced, choice. Honestly, Bajorans are just humans with a different culture (and ridges on their nose.) She has zero enhanced mental or physical abilities beyond human norms. Kinda just want some women in the crew, and I always liked Kira.
    Operations Officer/Second in Command: Data. Yeah, we need Data. (Enhanced.)
    Chief Engineer: Geordi La Forge.
    Chief Medical Officer: Dr. Pulaski. I just think she's a better Doctor than Crusher, who annoys the hell out of me for some reason.
    Chief Security Officer: Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson's character from the 'Taken' movies, upgraded to Star Fleet). He's got a "very particular set of skills" that could be very useful on missions.
    Ship's Counselor: Deanna Troi. She was actually pretty descent when she got her command training in the later seasons, imo. (Enhanced)
    Operation's Officer: Peter Parker. Parker helps out with Security and Science and is kind of my ship's "Wesley/Troubleshooter". Just his webs and strength alone should make for a lot of interesting scenarios, options. And he's another science genius. (Enhanced)

Data and Parker are usually at helm (with Data actually flying, rather than Parker), Mills at Tactical, and Kira and Troi sitting with me at Bridge. It's a weird set up, and Kira's a bit of a hot head for first officer, and I can also be hot-headed at times (I would be more like Sisko as a Captain than Picard) but maybe I'd be able to pull it off! I would also live in the TNG era if I survive.

Edit: Switched out Tasha Yar for Bryan Mills... just think it's a bit more interesting. Anyway, I don't have to worry about being kidnapped, that's for damn sure!
    Last edited by Zagreus; 05-21-2022 at 09:00 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    You could probably be an expert phaser sharphooter, if that's of value to you. Though that's probably of dubious worth, honestly, if you already have descent combat skills- considering how good the Phasers are just with your basic Starfleet training package.
    Yeah, as you say: less useful for me. My own empty hands/melee training is closing in on ~35 years of practical stuff, and if basic training allows me to shoot...likely good enough for the emergency times.

So to finish up...I will go partly B5.

First Officer: Ivanova
    Security Officer: Garibaldi
    Chief Engineer: Scotty
    Chief Medical Officer: McCoy
    Bridge Crew: Data, Wesley (again)
    Military and Diplomatic Advisor: John Sheridan

For myself, it'll be Advanced Science and...probably Advanced Science in a different field. I'll defer to Ivanova and Sheridan in ship-to-ship combat/overall strategic choices, and Ivanova, Sheridan, and Garibaldi when it comes to away teams/personal tactics/so forth (hopefully we won't really need to do anything like that, either). Between Data, Wesley, McCoy, Scotty and I we can probably figure out any technical/science/medical/engineering problem.

Garibaldi will keep us safe from all of those secret intrusions/spies/imposters.

Still wish I had enough room to bring Bester on board. Would seriously consider it maybe replacing Wesley with Bester. ^_^

Done. For a very different flavour.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate