Default Flash #781 spoilers/discussion

Ah...I needed this. Didn’t have a great day yesterday and last issue was part of that terrible Earth-3 crossover(not referenced here at all by the way). So this right here is just distilled good comics that I like to read. It’s fun and has great character moments while teasing bigger things to come in this solo series. Honestly just round of applause for Jeremy Adams for telling just a fun Flash book, and if DC has any sense they will keep him around.

Now that said what is this issue about? Well it’s about Wally and Wallace and they have a good time....the end. No seriously it’s just a nice quite little story about superhero family. Wally goes to bust Wallace out of Titans Class and they just run around, fighting crime and eating ice cream and pizza. Wally tells Wallace how Barry stopped treating like a child and how he needs Wallace’s help with all the things he has going on in his life. Also makes fun of a child hood hide and seek adventure they apparently had.

They then go on a global adventure and trash the hall of doom, which apparently someone is trying to rebuild and may be a bigger plot thread down the road, while making fun of Nightwing for classic Adam West “Holy blank, Batman!” lines of dialogue. Finally it ends with them fighting one of Flashes bad guys who escaped from jail.

It’s really not a complex story, it’s just fun and delightful. An easy read where nothing truly big is happening and the characters can just be characters but also awesome superheroes. I highly recommend this issue if you just want to read something fun and light hearted.
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-19-2022 at 07:20 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I do wonder what was going down in Nanda Parbat. I can't imagine Wally and Ace going there and starting a fight with a group of ninjas for no specific reason.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I do wonder what was going down in Nanda Parbat. I can't imagine Wally and Ace going there and starting a fight with a group of ninjas for no specific reason.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Hey if you can just fight ninjas at any moment I say why not
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.