Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Marvel Anatomy: A Scientific Study of the Superhuman (Book)

https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...-of-superhuman

Discover the secrets behind the powers of Marvel’s greatest characters through stunning anatomical cutaway illustrations and in-depth commentary from the Black Panther and Shuri!

How does the country of Wakanda remain unconquerable, and how does the most brilliant minds of King T'Challa aka Black Panther and Shuri improve the future for all Wakandans? Through meticulous documentation and research, of course.

This fall, further expand your mind on what you think you know of Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains with Marvel Anatomy: A Scientific Study of the Superhuman, as collected by Black Panther and Shuri themselves.
    Released by Insight Editions, Marvel Anatomy: A Scientific Study of the Superhuman, a deluxe book showcasing a visually stunning journey into the powers of the Marvel Universe's greatest characters, arrives everywhere books are sold on September 27, 2022. Pre-order the book now!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

A full character list hasn’t been released yet, but I had a chat with illustrator Jonah Lobe, who revealed that Jean would be featured, along with the following:

I show the power center of her brain, and the semi-physical barriers placed there by Prof X. I also show the ghost nutrinos that help her psionic abilities, and I show a graph of her power, her power with cerebro, and her power with the Phoenix, overlayed!

I had a huge crush on her as a kid, and she's one Marvel's most powerful heroes ever, so she gets one of the closest-up images, and she's looking right at the camera - she looks INTENSE.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Show the anatomy of Hellion's massive heart, it's so full of passion and love.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member

seems interesting. i wonder who else will be in it aside from the 5 on the cover, the thing, jocasta and jean?
    all the core x men like angel, rogue and ice man would be cool to see how their powers work in their bodies

Hmm, I wonder if Storm is going to be included? Would be cool to see a scientific breakdown of what all her body goes through when she's controlling all that energy and massive swings in pressure.

Also, that picture of The Thing disturbs me. I mean I get it's appropriate for what's being discussed but it still gives me shivers for some reason. Maybe I lost a arm in a past life or something.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

There was a similar book called The Science of the X-Men that came out decades ago. Interesting theories applying bleeding edge science to various mutant powers. Might get more X-characters in that one compared to this newer book.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

I notice that by making this a in universe document, made by a select small group of characters, it essentialy leaves the door wide open for any future writer to contradict these informations as much as they want. Neither does it mean past explanations are no longer canon.

All thanks to narrative tools like "unreliable narrator" and in universe guess work being at play here.

Since it's not the writers creating or presenting hard lore or real world guidelines to how things are supposed to work, but just having fun providing potential explanations for how things COULD work.

Though it will be interesting to see how many people will get worked up if this contradicts old lore, or when future writers contradict it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Show the anatomy of Hellion's massive heart, it's so full of passion and love.
    Neither will it reveal why Marrow actualy has a second heart, or that her bones are actualy the result of biological nano machines that are produced in her bone marrow.

It's all popular characters, likely those who were allready examined multiple times.

Though to be honest. The mutants alone sound like a nightmare to examine and trying to find explanations for their super powers. So many random reality bending and law's of physique breaking super powers all originating from a single gene, which also shouldn't even be present anymore in mutants who lost their biological bodies via their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if Storm is going to be included? Would be cool to see a scientific breakdown of what all her body goes through when she's controlling all that energy and massive swings in pressure.
    She's on the cover so I bet she will be in the book.
    This looks reaaaaally good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    She's on the cover so I bet she will be in the book.
    This looks reaaaaally good.
    Ehh, I've been baited by the almighty cover before.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

Also, that picture of The Thing disturbs me. I mean I get it's appropriate for what's being discussed but it still gives me shivers for some reason. Maybe I lost a arm in a past life or something.
    Well, Thing’s anatomy has always creeped me out when I’ve thought about it too much (and I find him adorable!), especially how they break it down in this book. Okay, enough! I don’t want to discuss it.

Also, I hope and am sure Storm is featured!

That's such a cool concept.

I cannot wait to see all pages as scans online without paying anything for it! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    That's such a cool concept.

I cannot wait to see all pages as scans online without paying anything for it! ;-)
    Lmao! Welcome to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Well, Thing’s anatomy has always creeped me out when I’ve thought about it too much (and I find him adorable!), especially how they break it down in this book. Okay, enough! I don’t want to discuss it.

Also, I hope and am sure Storm is featured!
    Maybe I'm a subconscious Thing fan? I remember when he got obliterated in Dark Ages I was hella sad about it.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I am interested in the Ben Grims Physiology. So this will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    A full character list hasn’t been released yet, but I had a chat with illustrator Jonah Lobe, who revealed that Jean would be featured, along with the following:
    Holy crapp, I've been wanting something like this for years