Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Scarlet Witch (mcu) vs the Illuminati SPOILERS FOR MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS!!

That's right.

So we now know Wanda can:

Out telepath Prof X (be it a X that had no real feats, aside from him being a professor X variant, so still kinda impressive)

She can drain captain marvel of her power, and overpower her.

Can remove blackbolts mouth and make him self destruct.

But this time they won't act like smug jackasses, so she is fighting all of em at once.

Assume Wanda's is fully prepped and has her shields up and powers on full.

Scarlet Witch vs

Professor X
    Mordo
    Mr. Fantastic
    Black Bolt
    Captain Marvel
    Captain Carter

what happens now?

Man they really were dumb in this movie lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

When did she She drain captain marvels powers?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    When did she She drain captain marvels powers?
    During their beam clash. It's not entirely explicit, but you can see bits of Marvel's helmet get sucked into Wanda's beam and she noticeably got weaker.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I didn't get the impression of a power drain either. The way I saw it, she basically just overpowered her, then dropped a statue on her.

On another note, unlike the other Illuminati and Mordo, I am also unconvinced that Captain Marvel is dead. Something like that won't kill her. Knock her out, perhaps, but not kill her.

Also, in anticipation of this, I also note that we can't simply port over Carol Danvers' feats to Maria Rambeau given they are completely separate characters/universes. The same applies to every other Illuminati member, really. All they should really have are the feats they display in this one movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    they won't act like smug jackasses, so she is fighting all of em at once.
    I think that's a clear win on their case. Professor X basically immobilizes Wanda for the few seconds it takes for Black Bolt to open his mouth.

When they were fighting during their beam struggle and “ get the hell out of my universe!”, she has he glowy aura , glowy eyes , helmet, suddenly the eyes turn back to normal, her helmet disappears and her aura leaves her. So either wanda drains her or simply locks her out of her powers. That also explains why a statue was able to knock her out/ kill her. Cause normally that should not even make her blink.

There are some scenes on youtube i think for you guys to check it out and see for yourselves.

When they were fighting during their beam struggle and “ get the hell out of my universe!”, she has he glowy aura , glowy eyes , helmet, suddenly the eyes turn back to normal, her helmet disappears and her aura leaves her. So either wanda drains her or simply locks her out of her powers. That also explains why a statue was able to knock her out/ kill her. Cause normally that should not even make her blink.

There are some scenes on youtube i think for you guys to check it out and see for yourselves.
    Or she just ran out of power.

Yeah, a case could be made for either Witch draining her powers, or forcing her to strain so hard that she used up her entire gas-tank very quickly. Either way, an enormous feat if done on MCU Marvel, but vague when done on Illuminativerse Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Or she just ran out of power.
    Could be, but i thought captain marvels powersource was damn near limitless, and its not like the fight took hours, it was like a 1 minute fight.

And we have seen her manipulate other peoples powers before

Could be, but i thought captain marvels powersource was damn near limitless, and its not like the fight took hours, it was like a 1 minute fight.

And we have seen her manipulate other peoples powers before
    I don't know but it didn't look like she was sucking her powers out to me

I also just assumed she overpowered Alternate CM instead of power drain myself

Mileage may vary
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

At the end of the day it doesnt really matter since the outcome resulted in captain marvel being powerless.

I know its a slippery slope discussing variants and feats of the main mcu counterparts, but this marvel was supposed to be similiar in strenght, since the same thing happened to her, only with another space stone, she still belonged in a group of super heros heralded as the strongest super hero team that also beat their thanos. Plus i think she was called the defender of the cosmos or something.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Unfortunately, from a Rumbles' perspective, feats don't pass between different variations of the character unless the OP allows for it, specifically. Ie, the OP states 'For the purpose of this thread, the variants will have the powers associated with the characters in the different movies, ie Captain Marvel Variant will have the same feats and powers as the regular MCU Captain Marvel, Patrick Stewart Professor X will have the same feats as Fox Movies Professor X (if you can sort out that continuity), etc'. Or something to that effect.

Otherwise, it comes down to 'We really haven't seen enough of these characters doing stuff to judge their abilities, so...not a lot of point in using them in Rumbles'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Why was black bolts mouth skin durable enough to effortlessly bounce back his brain squishing energy is my question lol. Did she make it out of vibranium?

Serious answer - Prof X can't handle Wanda in the least but he really just needs to break her concentration for the 2 seconds required for Bolt to obliterate her. I think they stop her.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure