Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Wanda is explicitly a reality warper. She both does it on a large scale on numerous occasions (it's the entire plot of WandaVision of course) and is presented as capable of reality warping on a massive scale by many people in the know, all the way up to and including the Sorceror Supreme, who claims that she can do it on a cosmic scale. Changing reality ought to let her power-wipe all she wants.

She ALSO explicitly can powerjack someone, given that this was the whole plot of DSMoM: she was powerjacking America Chavez.

So there is absolutely no reason not to accept that what we see on screen, to wit, CM's powers visibly being removed while in conflict with Wanda, are anything other than exactly what they look like.
    Ya but she didn't have CM powers after so she didn't
    powerjack her. As for America Chavez thing wasn't it because her powers were magic or something?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya but she didn't have CM powers after so she didn't
    powerjack her. As for America Chavez thing wasn't it because her powers were magic or something?
    For CM - she didn't need those powers, as she's already better at everything CM can do than CM is. And no, America's powers are just powers, never remotely said to be magical in nature at all. If they were magical, other magical beings could do what she does, but that's explicitly not the case. She's unique.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

For CM - she didn't need those powers, as she's already better at everything CM can do than CM is. And no, America's powers are just powers, never remotely said to be magical in nature at all. If they were magical, other magical beings could do what she does, but that's explicitly not the case. She's unique.
    I don't know there's nothing to suggest she had Cm powers at most it looked like a energy drain and even that is suspect I mean it would be like Buu absorbing someone and not useing any power doesn't make sense really besides the America thing who was super weak and didn't know how to use her powers so much that even defender Dr strange was doing it she never does anything like that again.

Strange has been shown he can absorb powers to (be it what if)
    Its funny how strange with all his powers at his disposal didnt even try and fight wanda cept when he had an army of wizards with him, and even then he was reluctant. Most of the movie he spends running away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Strange has been shown he can absorb powers to (be it what if)
    Its funny how strange with all his powers at his disposal didnt even try and fight wanda cept when he had an army of wizards with him, and even then he was reluctant. Most of the movie he spends running away from her.
    He honestly didn't have that many chances for that. In their very first meeting he just wanted to talk and when the revelation came he immediately got to see her unraveling a hex and being in the possession of the Darkhold. At that point he would have to be stupid to actually attack her with no back up. Especially because he already knew what she was capable of in the past. Even with way less experience and control she spanked Thanos after all.
    After that Kamar Taj happens and well after that it was certainly clear he can't outgun her if it for some reason wasn't clear before.
    Last edited by Galerion; 05-19-2022 at 01:22 AM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I don't know there's nothing to suggest she had Cm powers at most it looked like a energy drain and even that is suspect I mean it would be like Buu absorbing someone and not useing any power doesn't make sense really besides the America thing who was super weak and didn't know how to use her powers so much that even defender Dr strange was doing it she never does anything like that again.
    Once again, it doesn't matter if she stole the powers or turned them off, either way it's the same effect. She wouldn't need to "show" CM powers, because she's already a better energy projector and already as tough or tougher than CM. Also remember, this wasn't even Wanda's real body, the one that is actually the Scarlet Witch. This was that universe's Wanda who was merely possessed by SW Wanda. That universe's Wanda was easily casually trivially dominated by the Scarlet Witch Wanda. Even an off-brand discount Wanda can stomp these guys.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Once again, it doesn't matter if she stole the powers or turned them off, either way it's the same effect. She wouldn't need to "show" CM powers, because she's already a better energy projector and already as tough or tougher than CM. Also remember, this wasn't even Wanda's real body, the one that is actually the Scarlet Witch. This was that universe's Wanda who was merely possessed by SW Wanda. That universe's Wanda was easily casually trivially dominated by the Scarlet Witch Wanda. Even an off-brand discount Wanda can stomp these guys.
    I agree with you I'm just saying there's nothing saying she had CM powers so we just can't handwave it either CM was burned out or she did a energy drain maybe I'm leaning more towards she just burned out

What do you mean a discount Wanda can stomp these guys? The main MCU SW was funneling her powers into that version of wanda she wasn't useing her powers was she? I don't think that version of wanda had any powers to be honest.

I agree with you I'm just saying there's nothing saying she had CM powers so we just can't handwave it either CM was burned out or she did a energy drain maybe I'm leaning more towards she just burned out

What do you mean a discount Wanda can stomp these guys? The main MCU SW was funneling her powers into that version of wanda she wasn't useing her powers was she? I don't think that version of wanda had any powers to be honest.
    Oh, she had powers (used them to fly and the like). She's just not as strong as SW Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Oh, she had powers (used them to fly and the like). She's just not as strong as SW Wanda.
    Did she do that before she was possessed? I don't remember.

Personally, I think any Wanda is as strong as SW Wanda once SW enters their minds with that spell.

Her power up was supposedly gained from knowledge within the Darkhold right? That knowledge and therefore power would move with her consciousness. At least that's how I took it.

Otherwise, Strange might have thought he could take her in the new universe if he assumed she was weakened but he still ran like crazy.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Personally, I think any Wanda is as strong as SW Wanda once SW enters their minds with that spell.

Her power up was supposedly gained from knowledge within the Darkhold right? That knowledge and therefore power would move with her consciousness. At least that's how I took it.
    It's not explicitly stated one way or another. My only argument for possessed Wanda being less strong than full-on Witch Wanda is that possessed Wanda suffered some damage that didn't instantly recover, and it was actually making her limp and stuff. Full-on Scarlet Witch both insta-recovers from much more grievous harm, and shrugs off stuff without damage that seems likely to have left a mark on the possessed version.

It's unstated, it's just how it feels to me and makes sense given what we see on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Otherwise, Strange might have thought he could take her in the new universe if he assumed she was weakened but he still ran like crazy.
    More like Strange still realized that even non-Darkhold Wanda was out of his league. Westview was out of Strange's league - that was pre-Darkhold. Casually soloing Thanos was perhaps out of Strange's league. Remember, Strange came to Wanda for help before he knew she had the Darkhold; before he knew she was the SW. Also, non-Darkhold Wanda was still capable of taking out Darkhold-enabled Agatha. Wanda's base powerlevel is just stupidly high. Going all SW just makes her a lot stronger.

It's not explicitly stated one way or another. My only argument for possessed Wanda being less strong than full-on Witch Wanda is that possessed Wanda suffered some damage that didn't instantly recover, and it was actually making her limp and stuff. Full-on Scarlet Witch both insta-recovers from much more grievous harm, and shrugs off stuff without damage that seems likely to have left a mark on the possessed version.

It's unstated, it's just how it feels to me and makes sense given what we see on screen.

More like Strange still realized that even non-Darkhold Wanda was out of his league. Westview was out of Strange's league - that was pre-Darkhold. Casually soloing Thanos was perhaps out of Strange's league. Remember, Strange came to Wanda for help before he knew she had the Darkhold; before he knew she was the SW. Also, non-Darkhold Wanda was still capable of taking out Darkhold-enabled Agatha. Wanda's base powerlevel is just stupidly high. Going all SW just makes her a lot stronger.
    Wasn't Agatha winning that fight until she dropped her guard and was duped by Runes? It's not like Wanda just beat her up through raw power. Agatha protected herself from Wanda's Westview distortions and bested her in a mental duel and such.

I also think Strange could have soloed Endgame Thanos 1v1.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

While I'm here, Wanda not patching her leg up as she Jason Vorheed her way after them was basically just PIS. We saw her patch up huge wounds in a synthetic vibranium android and effortlessly mold flesh with a blink on Black Bolt. I'm inclined to think that's how her healing works - just wills the flesh back together.
    - big_adventure

It was really annoying to see Captain Carter out of all doing the best against Wanda. Man, no matter what universe or which version, Cap will always have a jobbing aura.

As for the fight, I think Blackbolt can single handedly kill her if they don't waste any time.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    As for the fight, I think Blackbolt can single handedly kill her if they don't waste any time.
    the scream wasnt instant it seems, so she might still be able to make his mouth disappear mid whisper.