Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Funny that someone who works in Wasp's company is becoming a Spider-Slayer, guess spiders and wasps are natural enemies after all .

At least her not liking Peter makes more sense, detesting Spidey that much for no reason to the point she treats people like Doom better? Weird...

And Spidey kinda avoids revealing his' to other people too, though it can get arbitrary, since Zdarsky's Spectacular has Karnak being aware, and I'm not even sure if Spidey and Karnak ever actually met before that lol.

Thinking of it I wonder if Janet knows... Likely not though.
    At that point, Doom was in his hero phase as the "Infamous Iron Man," but I can see your point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/K8...dYLW32TE4k.jpg

Spider-Rex. This is what the "House of Ideas" is dreaming up nowadays.
    Nothing new, sorry. Do you remember the animated series "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH"? There was an arc where the Leader was travleing through time seeking to conquer the world by changing the past. His first stop was the Dinosaur' era, and his actions caused the world to become a place ruled by intelligent dinosaurs, and many being dino-versions of human characters. One of them was "Spider-Raptor", who was a Velociraptor version of Spider-Man that helped El Diablo (Devil Dinosaur) to fight King Sauron.

Personally, a Raptor version of Spidey is better than a T-Rex, because T-Rex's arms are so short, I can't imagine how can webslinging through a city.

BANNED

Spidey! The Last Dinosaur!
    He's my friend and a whole lot more!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Spidey! The Last Dinosaur!
    He's my friend and a whole lot more!
    Boy, how I miss those series from the old times! Before the world went down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Nothing new, sorry. Do you remember the animated series "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH"? There was an arc where the Leader was travleing through time seeking to conquer the world by changing the past. His first stop was the Dinosaur' era, and his actions caused the world to become a place ruled by intelligent dinosaurs, and many being dino-versions of human characters. One of them was "Spider-Raptor", who was a Velociraptor version of Spider-Man that helped El Diablo (Devil Dinosaur) to fight King Sauron.

Personally, a Raptor version of Spidey is better than a T-Rex, because T-Rex's arms are so short, I can't imagine how can webslinging through a city.
    And velociraptors did have very quick reflexes, at least from what I heard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And velociraptors did have very quick reflexes, at least from what I heard.
    "Veloci-" comes from "Velocity".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    "Veloci-" comes from "Velocity".
    Quite true.

BANNED

Slott will never leave this book because he's fooled people into thinking he's a "classic" writer the fans want to see back for more and more. Even Stan Lee packed it in sooner than Slott and I think everyone would admit he used every idea he possibly had by the end.

Of course, if this means he's seen his mistake and this will be the final end to the whole Verse nonsense, I'm all for it. But I don't think that will ever go away either. I never got the concept, why exactly are people who existed alongside Peter in the 616 like Ben Reilly or Otto considered "variants"? It's all just a big marketing scam that in all honesty would never have been a thing if Slott and his nutty idea of how Spider-Man should be (NOT a grounded book with pseudo science but no magic) or if Miles Morales had just been introduced in the 616 from the get-go. This is a way for Marvel and then Sony to make crossovers where they shouldn't be, and it takes from Peter's everyman quality.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    Slott will never leave this book because he's fooled people into thinking he's a "classic" writer the fans want to see back for more and more. Even Stan Lee packed it in sooner than Slott and I think everyone would admit he used every idea he possibly had by the end.

Of course, if this means he's seen his mistake and this will be the final end to the whole Verse nonsense, I'm all for it. But I don't think that will ever go away either. I never got the concept, why exactly are people who existed alongside Peter in the 616 like Ben Reilly or Otto considered "variants"? It's all just a big marketing scam that in all honesty would never have been a thing if Slott and his nutty idea of how Spider-Man should be (NOT a grounded book with pseudo science but no magic) or if Miles Morales had just been introduced in the 616 from the get-go. This is a way for Marvel and then Sony to make crossovers where they shouldn't be, and it takes from Peter's everyman quality.
    I'd say Secret Wars took Peter's everyman quality away a long time ago.

Hell, it isn't like the idea of Peter teaming up with alternate universe versions of himself was invented by Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    i’m so tired of spiderverse lol
    It was fun the first time around but now it has gone beyond tedious, so who will take the lead this time, because last time it was Miles so who is next up to "lead" the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It was fun the first time around but now it has gone beyond tedious, so who will take the lead this time, because last time it was Miles so who is next up to "lead" the charge.
    Maybe Peter this time, last time they talked like he was the boss, but it was actually Otto lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Maybe Peter this time, last time they talked like he was the boss, but it was actually Otto lol.
    First one was Peter. Second was Miles this looks like it's Gwen

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say Secret Wars took Peter's everyman quality away a long time ago.

Hell, it isn't like the idea of Peter teaming up with alternate universe versions of himself was invented by Slott.
    Yep, you'd have to blame John Semper, Jr., the head writer and showrunner for Spider-Man: The Animated Series back in the 90s, since the finale of that series had a (rather epic, in my view) team-up between Spider-Man and his A/U counterparts, all of whom I'd come to recognize years later as based on storylines in the comics of that era and before, assembled by the Beyonder and Madame Web to save reality from being wiped out by a Carnage-possessed psychotic version of himself. At least then, it was also a great exploration, looking back on that now, of who Spider-Man/Peter Parker was at his core, even if he lived through different circumstances where he was significantly luckier or unluckier than in the main canon. Plus, it was capped off with him meeting Stan Lee and confessing his growth and maturation as a character, outright saying to him, "Well, Stan, we all have to grow up sometime, I suppose. Even us characters of fiction." A shame modern Marvel wouldn't (and perhaps never did) understand that.

BANNED

Yep, you'd have to blame John Semper, Jr., the head writer and showrunner for Spider-Man: The Animated Series back in the 90s, since the finale of that series had a (rather epic, in my view) team-up between Spider-Man and his A/U counterparts, all of whom I'd come to recognize years later as based on storylines in the comics of that era and before, assembled by the Beyonder and Madame Web to save reality from being wiped out by a Carnage-possessed psychotic version of himself. At least then, it was also a great exploration, looking back on that now, of who Spider-Man/Peter Parker was at his core, even if he lived through different circumstances where he was significantly luckier or unluckier than in the main canon. Plus, it was capped off with him meeting Stan Lee and confessing his growth and maturation as a character, outright saying to him, "Well, Stan, we all have to grow up sometime, I suppose. Even us characters of fiction." A shame modern Marvel wouldn't (and perhaps never did) understand that.
    Semper deserves the credit but he did it correctly in two key ways, which I said a little in my post a couple up. It was the last episode so it was okay to go a little outside of the box to make a definitive statement on who Peter is, and the point was that only "our" Peter is the special one we want to read about. But more importantly, they were *all* variations on Peter Parker, and not even Elseworlds variations, they were all What If? scenario versions who the main one could have turned into. Not a pig, a gangster, a woman, or every minority under the sun because none of those make sense and just marketing gimmicks to spin-off the brand.

BANNED

Plus, it was capped off with him meeting Stan Lee and confessing his growth and maturation as a character, outright saying to him, "Well, Stan, we all have to grow up sometime, I suppose. Even us characters of fiction." A shame modern Marvel wouldn't (and perhaps never did) understand that.
    I don't think Marvel have never 'understood' that, they have allowed for grown-up Peters in the past, it's just they don't prefer that for their audience.