Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

How many parts is End of the Spider-Verse, exactly? Is it just going to run through the entire Spider-Man series?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    How many parts is End of the Spider-Verse, exactly? Is it just going to run through the entire Spider-Man series?
    Didn't Slott say it was just the 1st arc of the book? Not sure what comes after. Maybe it turns into an anthology series?

Maybe we'll get a Spider-Family book. Be weird to get that in a book titled "Spider-Man" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

SPIDER-MAN #5
    DAN SLOTT (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    PLANET OF THE APES VARIANT COVER BY PACO MEDINA
    PHOTON BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY KAREN S. DARBOE
    "The End of the Spider-Verse" continues!
    See a new side of Peter Parker and the Spider-mythos! Shathra and her forces work towards the extinction of Arachnida sapiens. PLUS! This issue includes a special super heroic back-up storyfeaturing Spider-Man and Photon celebrating Black History Month!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    Looks like he's going through the ringer. Again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe we'll get a Spider-Family book. Be weird to get that in a book titled "Spider-Man" though.

Looks like he's going through the ringer. Again.
    And that is not a new side of Peter.

The first time Peter saw Monica.

(Peter, calm down, lol.)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The first time Peter saw Monica.

(Peter, calm down, lol.)
    And they're gonna be teaming up again in at least the first issue of her new (mini)series by Eve Ewing. Still, it is kind of fun --- to me, anyway --- that nearly all the major holders of the Captain Marvel mantle have had associations with Spider-Man in the past. For example, Carol Danvers herself worked for J. Jonah Jameson and ran into/befriended Mary Jane and Peter when she started off as Ms. Marvel, Mar-Vell himself had some team-ups with the web-slinger, and Genis-Vell, in a time-traveling bit during his series by Peter David, encountered Spider-Man 2099, not-so-coincidentally resolving at least one dangling plot thread from the original Spider-Man 2099 series that was also written by Peter David.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hmm...I think it's a coloring error either that or a subtle retcon to Earth-616's Mary Jane to show who Mayday got her blue eyes from. Although Peter's are brown and brown is usually dominant in these cases, so Mayday must be one of those rare few who were born with blue eyes instead of the typical brown, you know...when it comes to having kids between a blue-eyed and brown-eyed person.
    Well, since brown is dominant, people with brown eyes often have a blue eye gene. Sometimes two people with Brown eyes can have a child with blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

SPIDER-MAN #5
    DAN SLOTT (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    PLANET OF THE APES VARIANT COVER BY PACO MEDINA
    PHOTON BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY KAREN S. DARBOE
    "The End of the Spider-Verse" continues!
    See a new side of Peter Parker and the Spider-mythos! Shathra and her forces work towards the extinction of Arachnida sapiens. PLUS! This issue includes a special super heroic back-up storyfeaturing Spider-Man and Photon celebrating Black History Month!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
    sweet sweet battle damage suit incoming
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

So when will Anya appear in any of the main covers?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    So when will Anya appear in any of the main covers?
    I think she's only shown up on variants so far, including that sweet variant for #1 with her, Cosmic Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Punk, Spider-Ham and Earth-616 Spidey.

EDIT: This:
    Variant.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Issue 3 preview is up! Lots of Miles here...

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/02/ma...pider-man-3-2/

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Any guesses on what it is that's never happened in a Spidey book before that will happen in the next arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Any guesses on what it is that's never happened in a Spidey book before that will happen in the next arc?
    Spidey dies?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Spidey dies?
    Has happened multiple times. It's gonna be something never done before and that's some slim pickings

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Has happened multiple times. It's gonna be something never done before and that's some slim pickings
    Okay. Murders somebody? Hmm...unlikely, but possible. Oh! Gets to be the first 616 Spider (Miles doesn't count, he came from another world) to get infected and turned into a wasp!