Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Is Kraven going to literally eat a spider to get spider powers?

I guess somebody still thinks of Silk as a Spider-Man love interest .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ugh. Last time someone tried that, we ended up with the body horror that was The Thousand.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Which one did you particularly like?
    Spinstress was my favorite, with Sun-Spider a close second. Spider-Mobile's car names cracked me up, too, and I loved Pete Spiderman helping Spider-Ham through a rough patch!

Fantastic Member

What does anyone think the chances are that Kaine will die without coming back at the end and of a Otto showing up who is still spider man ?
    There are at least two covers with Kaines Scarlet Spider and Ottos spider man and one of them Kaine has a hoodie like Bens.

Please reply.
    Last edited by Xwho; 09-29-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Considering Kraven's Last Hunt had him eating a bunch of spiders to bring himself closer to Spider-Man on what would later be recognized or described as a totemic level . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Ugh. Last time someone tried that, we ended up with the body horror that was The Thousand.
    Yes. Yes, we did. And then we got Spiders-Man, who was a swarm of spiders in a Spider-Man suit that absorbed Peter Parker's consciousness after consuming his body. A whole new kind of horror.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    Spinstress was my favorite, with Sun-Spider a close second. Spider-Mobile's car names cracked me up, too, and I loved Pete Spiderman helping Spider-Ham through a rough patch!
    Yeah, those were all pretty great.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Considering Kraven's Last Hunt had him eating a bunch of spiders to bring himself closer to Spider-Man on what would later be recognized or described as a totemic level . . .
    I was thinking the same thing lol.

Not surprising if DeMatteis is writing it too, that guy really likes Kraven, his self references are noticeable too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

With how comic books work, one franchise would cannibalize the other, and maybe piss off fans from both sides.
    Not really. It's about using the other's characters for one story arc. A partnership between The X-Office and Spider-Office could work.Especially if Morbius and The Lizard are in the pages of the X-Men for the use of the Morlocks in the pages of Spider-Man. I want to see The Lizard and Morbius reside with the Morlocks...

Astonishing Member

I was thinking the same thing lol.

Not surprising if DeMatteis is writing it too, that guy really likes Kraven, his self references are noticeable too.
    De Matteis should bring Tigra into the world of Spider-Man as well. A lot of potential development between Tigra and Spider-Man is long overdue. DeMatteis is the last person who wrote a Spider-Man x Tigra team-up story in marvel team-up in 1982.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Male Silk. I wonder if Web-Weaver is a male version of a female character. Maybe a male MJ.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/01/ma...an-web-weaver/
    looking at this image male MJ might be a good guess.

It does not look live the gender flipped Peter, I always find it funny in AU who gets gender flipped and who don't.

I know there gender flipped AU in animation that gave us Petra Parker has there been one in the Spider-Verse ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

It does not look live the gender flipped Peter, I always find it funny in AU who gets gender flipped and who don't.

I know there gender flipped AU in animation that gave us Petra Parker has there been one in the Spider-Verse ?
    Now that you mention it, it would explain a lot.

Red hair + Fashion interest + more feminine than masculine + interested in Peter Parker.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Now that you mention it, it would explain a lot.

Red hair + Fashion interest + more feminine than masculine + interested in Peter Parker.
    So a version of of this character saves the spiderverse lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post

I don't think that guy is a gender flipped Peter. I mean, we see him moving Peter out of the danger of being bitten by the spider, which means if there's a Peter here, there has to be a MJ too. And by moving aside Peter and being bitten himself, the guy also made the spider to bite someone else different of Cindy Moon.

Also, I want to say, I don't think we can consider Ultimate Jessica Drew as the first "gay" spider. I mean, she's a clone of Peter Parker, with all of Peter's memories and feelings in a female version of his body. I... I don't know. It's a really complicated situation. Basically, Ultimate Jessica Drew never had the chance to develop her own identity outside of Peter's shadow, other than an agent of SHIELD. During the attack on NY in Ultimatum, she couldn't avoid to say "Aunt May".
    Last edited by Ursalink; 09-30-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't think that guy is a gender flipped Peter. I mean, we see him moving Peter out of the danger of being bitten by the spider, which means if there's a Peter here, there has to be a MJ too. And by moving aside Peter and being bitten himself, the guy also made the spider to bite someone else different of Cindy Moon.

Also, I want to say, I don't think we can consider Ultimate Jessica Drew as the first "gay" spider. I mean, she's a clone of Peter Parker, with all of Peter's memories and feelings in a female version of his body. I... I don't know. It's a really complicated situation. Basically, Ultimate Jessica Drew never had the chance to develop her own identity outside of Peter's shadow, other than an agent of SHIELD. During the attack on NY in Ultimatum, she couldn't avoid to say "Aunt May".
    That is a very good point and would also segue into a valid point about sexuality and gender being more fluid than binary for some people, even if in the sci-fi context of a female clone of a male character.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Alll of this happening offscreen a while before Spider-Verse to justify "The Peter who died is actually April" is some contrived, unnecessary nonsense, while it does explain why April would roleplay as Spidey, it's still basically another version of "Ned was Hobgoblin even though he died a while ago" lol.

So yeah, the way I see it, it can "work", but not properly, and I don't like a bad retcon to solve a bad story, specially with MC2 Spidey being alive again.
    What I'd do is say that one is Earth 982... the other isn't. You can have a near copy of a known world in the multiverse.

Astonishing Member

That is a very good point and would also segue into a valid point about sexuality and gender being more fluid than binary for some people, even if in the sci-fi context of a female clone of a male character.
    You know?, the Nickelodeon's series "Danny Phantom" gave us a similar case. The main character was cloned by his nemesis (Vlad Plasmius) in order to have his own "son" (he was really insane). Most of the clones disolved by degeneration, except one named "Dani Phantom". She was essentially a female clone of a male character, and quite younger. Dani considered herself Danny's "cousin", but it would eb more appropiated to call her Danny's "little sister". However, unlike Ultimate Jessica Drew and Peter Parker, Dani seemed to accept the fact she was a girl (although with a tomboy attitude) and she didn't have troubles about her own identity (or she didn't care).