Page 1 of 82 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Dan Slott Returns With 'End of The Spider-Verse'

Well then, I did not expect that

BANNED

Night-Spider...a Felicia variant with Spider powers, and Anya going back to her Arana codename, which means the Spider-Girl name has a vacancy!

"Final" Spiderverse story? I guess a rather large culling is going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Night-Spider...a Felicia variant with Spider powers, and Anya going back to her Arana codename, which means the Spider-Girl name has a vacancy!
    ...Oh my god. M-M-Mayday has a chance?!

Mayday is already a Spider-Woman, and besides, has the same AU problem as Gwen.

I do suspect this event will bring in a new Spider-Girl though, since yes, Anya reverting to Arana does mean the mantle is vacant.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Happy for the long-suffering Anya fans. She's been long overdue for getting her flowers, hopefully she actually has a big role in the main event.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I do suspect this event will bring in a new Spider-Girl though, since yes, Anya reverting to Arana does mean the mantle is vacant.
    Yeah, fair enough, even if I'd personally find that a bit lame and disappointing...

spoilers:
    Also since I'm still salty about it: They can introduce a brand new Spider-Girl when there's already 300 Spider-Women, but Ben Reilly can't be Spider-Man or Scarlet Spider? :/
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Maybe she reverts back to being Spider-Girl? She only took that name because she had to 'grow up' after her dad died, but her dad was revived at the end of Spidergeddon.

Oh...are we going to finally see MC2 Peter kick ass with The Other powers?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Since it's Slott helming this series, I wouldn't be surprised if Annie May takes on the Spider-Girl moniker now.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Finally Anya returns as Araña, I always thought that was a more original and cooler name. Her new suit looks okay, nothing awful nor groundbreaking. I hope her new status quo doesn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Since it's Slott helming this series, I wouldn't be surprised if Annie May takes on the Spider-Girl moniker now.
    That seems plausible. She's worked alongside Mayday and Anya in the Spider-Geddon tie-in Spider-Girls book. If they both gave her approval to use the name, her parents would probably be forced to allow it. Annie did actually want the name, which I think was mentioned to be taken already (presumably by that world's Anya).

But given this is a Spider-Verse event, a completely new character taking it could definitely happen.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

i’m so tired of spiderverse lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If Annie is brought over to 616 as the new Spider-Girl...well, that would explain the 'error' in the recently published Spidey handbook which depicted Mayday with the RYV Family.

Mighty Member

I'll bite. Should be good popcorn fun. Hopefully we'll get a nice OHC with the Edge stuff and any tie-ins to go with the Spiderverse and Spidergeddon OHCs I already have.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm