Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Ron Frenz's personal headcanon was that April eventually returned and took Peter's form, taking Peter's place while the original dealt with an as yet-unexplained bout of amnesia. It's April that's killed in Spider-Verse according to Frenz (of course, since MC2 Peter was revived in Spidergeddon, that means April is The Other)
    That's fucked up, imagine if April had sex with MJ.

Hell, just being around pretending to be him is bad enough.

I guess you can say she was doing a Superior Peter Parker.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's fucked up, imagine if April had sex with MJ.
    I had a think about that, and remembered that April didn't fool MJ one bit when she tried to assume Mayday's life in the series finale of Spider-Girl after Mayday died. I imagine she would have confided in MJ before they got up to any of that business

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's possible she survived, though. As uncharitably as Peter might have phrased it at the time, he did have a point in saying that clones and symbiotes didn't necessarily stay dead. That said, I would like to see how she dealt with the memories of her future counterpart showing her where her antagonistic rivalry with Mayday could ultimately lead. Shame the series just ended on her sacrificing herself to save Mayday and we got no follow-up on her whatsoever.
    What’s honestly a total missed opportunity is that we’ve had 2 Spider-Verses and a Venom-Verse and neither one was used as a means of either bringing her back or even presenting an alternate version where things went better for her and her family. So you’re telling me that there can be numerous counterparts of Ben, including one where he always won yet none of April. Hell, it could have been interesting to see a dynamic between a more optimistic April helping Mayday in a time that she was mourning her dad.

I think Annie will lose her Pattern Weaver role. Not only is she redundant to Spider-Zero, mobile game Marvel Strike Force just introduced Spider-Weaver... and she's supposed to be doing the exact same thing as Annie and Zero, maintaining the web.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think Annie will lose her Pattern Weaver role. Not only is she redundant to Spider-Zero, mobile game Marvel Strike Force just introduced Spider-Weaver... and she's supposed to be doing the exact same thing as Annie and Zero, maintaining the web.
    That would be weird if Slott depowered a character he co-created, and who he has a financial interest in making seem viable for other mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That would be weird if Slott depowered a character he co-created, and who he has a financial interest in making seem viable for other mediums.
    It wouldn’t necessarily be depowering her. At most, she’d just lose her enhanced spider sense, placing it on a normal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It wouldn’t necessarily be depowering her. At most, she’d just lose her enhanced spider sense, placing it on a normal level.
    The fact is Slott is going to want to see a character he helped create seem viable so they pop up in other mediums. He has a financial interest in that (even if the financial interest is much smaller than it should be). So saying "she's not going to be as important" seems... counterintuitive to that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ron Frenz's personal headcanon was that April eventually returned and took Peter's form, taking Peter's place while the original dealt with an as yet-unexplained bout of amnesia. It's April that's killed in Spider-Verse according to Frenz (of course, since MC2 Peter was revived in Spidergeddon, that means April is The Other)
    Well, damn.

What’s honestly a total missed opportunity is that we’ve had 2 Spider-Verses and a Venom-Verse and neither one was used as a means of either bringing her back or even presenting an alternate version where things went better for her and her family. So you’re telling me that there can be numerous counterparts of Ben, including one where he always won yet none of April. Hell, it could have been interesting to see a dynamic between a more optimistic April helping Mayday in a time that she was mourning her dad.
    The Spider-Verses excluded symbiote hosts, minus Spider-Gwen in Spider-Geddon (since her symbiote was artificial and made of "gummy spiders"), because then the roster would have been "overloaded" with characters, but no excuse for Venomverse, which was supposed to be all about Venom symbiote hosts across the Marvel Multiverse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed the latest Edge of Spider-Verse issue; all of the characters featured were really fun and entertaining!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    I really enjoyed the latest Edge of Spider-Verse issue; all of the characters featured were really fun and entertaining!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Which one did you particularly like?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I had a think about that, and remembered that April didn't fool MJ one bit when she tried to assume Mayday's life in the series finale of Spider-Girl after Mayday died. I imagine she would have confided in MJ before they got up to any of that business
    That's less bad, but still fucked up, specially if Mayday doesn't know, and if they retcon her as knowing, her reactions look odd lol.

Well, Annie is more known than Spider-Zero, and other mediums are practically from another set of multiverses (I seriously doubt Doctor Strange 2 really deleted the Darkhold from every universe ever), specially something like a mobile game, I have my doubts Spider-Weaver is making its way into the comics, and if it is, I doubt it'll be explicitly the same one.

What are you guys talking about? You make it sound like Annie not being a Pattern Weaver anymore would make her lose any of her powers, at worst I just see her not being kicked upstairs anymore and goes back to having adventures with her family.

Plus, her being the Pattern Weaver at all sounds really similar to when Kyle Rayner became a White Lantern and then fucked off to outside the universe, doing nothing while he was out, and all Annie did since Spider-Geddon was, save on guy in Carnage#4 vol 3 and become Shathra's puppet in Edge of Spider-Verse#2 vol 2, and Spider-Geddon was four years ago.

Not that she can't do cool stuff as the Pattern Weaver, but if those things aren't shown, then a cool potential means little.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

The Spider-Verses excluded symbiote hosts, minus Spider-Gwen in Spider-Geddon (since her symbiote was artificial and made of "gummy spiders"), because then the roster would have been "overloaded" with characters, but no excuse for Venomverse, which was supposed to be all about Venom symbiote hosts across the Marvel Multiverse.
    To be fair, on April’s part, she has an overlap between both. She’s a symbiote host but she does have spider powers naturally, what with being a clone of Mayday so she’d also be a target. It does kinda beg the question of why Gwen is even involved beyond the first one considering that she doesn’t even have her powers anymore and it’s just her symbiote imitating them.

BANNED

Annie may decide to step away from the role because of all the guilt she feels, as she admits in the preview, she's seen countless Spiders killed or corrupted as a direct result of her powers being used to pave the way for Shatrha's invasions.

Now, she could go back to her parents, but sadly I reckon Slott is bloodthirsty enough to have Annie be somewhat responsible for the deaths of both of them, with MC2 Peter and Mayday ultimately saving her and taking her in, thus making her a true sister to Mayday, this would allow Slott to further 'redeem' himself for sacrificing MC2 Peter in the original Spider-Verse story and continue the tradition of MC2 being the universe with the 'happy ending', as the family would consist of a happily married Peter and MJ, Peter as The Other, Mayday, Benjy, Uncle Ben, and another new daughter.

I do feel like one 'happy' Peter has to be sacrificed in order to raise the stakes, and everyone dreaded it would happen to the RYV Family in Spider-Geddon because their title had been recently axed. And nobody wants MC2 Peter killed a second time, it'd be redundant. Spider-Geddon is likened by Slott as an 'Empire Strikes Back' chapter, which I don't really see as Spider-Geddon ended on a victory for the good guys.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 09-26-2022 at 12:08 AM.

Incredible Member

It's nice to pop in here once in a while to realize how little you guys know the real me, how I "tick", or the way I actually think.

I've been in meetings with people outside of publishing (games, cartoons, etc.) where I've walked people off of characters I've co-created in favor of different Spidey Characters-- even though it would have meant a greater "financial outcome" for me. Why? Because those characters weren't the best fit for that particular story. The story always has to come first. I've had those people running projects say to me, "You know that's your character that you're suggesting we cut from this project?" And I'll say, "Yeah. But this other character works better." And that's actually helped me win those arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    It's nice to pop in here once in a while to realize how little you guys know the real me, how I "tick", or the way I actually think.

I've been in meetings with people outside of publishing (games, cartoons, etc.) where I've walked people off of characters I've co-created in favor of different Spidey Characters-- even though it would have meant a greater "financial outcome" for me. Why? Because those characters weren't the best fit for that particular story. The story always has to come first. I've had those people running projects say to me, "You know that's your character that you're suggesting we cut from this project?" And I'll say, "Yeah. But this other character works better." And that's actually helped me win those arguments.
    So are you confirming you will kill Annie?

Edit: I should clarify that I get it. I come across as some cynical online rando telling people the character who is in danger in a preview for the first issue of a multi-part storyline that isn't out yet won't actually die or be depowered or what have you because you have a financial interest in making this character seem viable, and that attitude can absolutely rub you the wrong way.

(And yeah, I think I come across as a cynical online rando too when it's laid out like that.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 09-26-2022 at 05:50 AM.