Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like Slott saw Bat-Wheels and wanted to a Spider-Mobile as a protagonist story .
    Dan Slott introduced the sentient Spider-Mobile in the first Spider-Verse story in 2015. He wanted to elaborate on the character some more but didn't have space.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    silliest
    The Transformers fan in me recoils at your implication that Slott's protagonist is anything but deserving, sir. /j

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    sentient Spider-Mobile
    I welcome our ebullient mech. He isn't inherently more ridiculous than the T-Rex that switched species, unintentionally crushed several smaller dinosaurs, and then realized the importance of accepting responsibility.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    The Transformers fan in me recoils at your implication that Slott's protagonist is anything but deserving, sir. /j

I welcome our ebullient mech. He isn't inherently more ridiculous than the T-Rex that switched species, unintentionally crushed several smaller dinosaurs, and then realized the importance of accepting responsibility.
    At some point, you could get a Spider-Man-styled tokusatsu hero who has a dinosaur mech based on the Spider-Rex and whose personal vehicle is the Spider-Mobile.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Dan Slott introduced the sentient Spider-Mobile in the first Spider-Verse story in 2015. He wanted to elaborate on the character some more but didn't have space.
    Still feels kind of funny in light of the existence of Bat-Wheels .

Astonishing Member

Of course he did. I congratulate him on finally landing on the perfect match of his talents with product design.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 08-19-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I was actually alright with Morlun/Inheritors being absent from this event, too bad.

The death of beloved characters was to be expected though.
    Maybe they'll surprise us and kill the new characters instead?

Astonishing Member

So, the origin of this story is like a classic "old-tale" from ancient times? Two Gods compete over something, and the loser is such a sore loser than it goes mad and destructive? Why do mortals always have to pay for the Gods' stupidities?!!

Anyway, whatever is going to happen, they better don't dare to make us lose Annie May, or I swear, Hulk's baddest day would be a picnic compared to me!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    So, the origin of this story is like a classic "old-tale" from ancient times? Two Gods compete over something, and the loser is such a sore loser than it goes mad and destructive? Why do mortals always have to pay for the Gods' stupidities?!!

Anyway, whatever is going to happen, they better don't dare to make us lose Annie May, or I swear, Hulk's baddest day would be a picnic compared to me!
    I hear you there, and yes, that is basically what it amounts to. Hell, that was why Gorr became the God-Butcher in the first place, being sick and tired of mortals like himself (before he picked up Knull's Necrosword) suffering for the gods' follies and failures and receiving no deliverance from that suffering by those gods.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, it's cliche. And this Shathra is nothing like JMS's at all, they might as well be two completely different characters. JMS's Shathra wanted to feed her children and was the natural enemy of spiders, this is just a bratty woman throwing a fit.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 08-19-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Yes, it's cliche. And this Shathra is nothing like JMS's at all, they might as well be two completely different characters. JMS's Shathra wanted to feed her children and was the natural enemy of spiders, this is just a bratty woman throwing a fit.
    Slott changing someone's personality for the sake of making his plots work? What a novel concept, he literally never did that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Slott changing someone's personality for the sake of making his plots work? What a novel concept, he literally never did that before.
    Not to mention it’s yet another example of how he can’t write female characters. Even Annie has hackneyed dialogue.

BANNED

Trailer for End of Spider-Verse...the order of the web appears to be back, helping Peter out against Morlun and Shathra...Peter's unmasked during the battle with Morlun and the Oscorp suit gets wrecked!
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 08-24-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Mighty Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...69789984968707

Trailer for End of Spider-Verse...the order of the web appears to be back, helping Peter out against Morlun and Shathra...Peter's unmasked during the battle with Morlun and the Oscorp suit gets wrecked!
    Looks good, I am actually looking forward to this series.

*J. Jonah voice* I WANT PICTURES OF ARAÑA!

I know it's Morlun, but what a surprise that Peter gets beat up and needs to get saved by other Spiders .