Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean it failed last time, I'm not sure how it'll work now lol.

He doesn't have earrings, but we're thinking about this being too much like DB, so maybe it's another object that cause the fusion, like rings or whatever.

Or maybe he's not a fusion, perhaps Dad Morlun did the same time travel Karn did, and maybe Dad Morlun is actually Morlun all along after becoming super powerful somehow .

I mean, being a better hunter than Spidey ain't much of a challenge, he's not one lol.

If anything, if we remember Anya's early appearances, she was supposed to be the "Hunter", but that was gone once she left the Spider Society, now it's that chick Nina Smith chick.

Yeah, basically "What if KLH overstayed its welcome and everyone was an idiot?" Lol.
    Speaking of, End of Spider-Verse could be a great opportunity to bring back the Spider Society. Given where things seemed to have left off with their last appearance in Silk's original run by Robbie Thompson, with Tamara Pearson/Fang taking over after Ezekiel's death and trying to steal Silk's powers for herself, it might be good setup for a civil war in the Spider Society. Hell, I'd take bringing back the Spider Society and having them trying to control spider-powered heroes, anti-heroes, and even villains, eliminating (or trying to eliminate) the ones who won't or can't be controlled, over just blowing up the Spider-Verse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Lord and Miller are involved too

Three brand new Spiders get their start here!

• WEB-WEAVER: A not-so-mild mannered fashion designer at Van Dyne gets spider-powers and shows us a very different kind of Spider-Slayer.

• HUNTER-SPIDER: Imagine a world where Sergei Kravinoff got Spider-Powers. You are not ready for the most hardcore Spider yet!

• Both of these and Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, the filmmakers behind the Spider-Verse movies, create a new Spider just in time for the END OF THE SPIDER-VERSE!

48 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/16/se...solicitations/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Interesting. Very interesting.

I thought it was Frank Miller and I briefly thought "Oh this is gonna be bad" lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Involving the Wasp is funny considering her contentious initial relationship with Spidey .

I don't really want a world where Kraven gets Spider-Powers.

Not the first time Lord and Miller have contributed a backup, but still nice.

One of Janet's employees, I guess... I wonder if it'll be an alternate version of someone we've already met? We don't see the Van Dyne fashion house much, mainly because Janet has never had a solo book.

Not the first time a version of Janet has been involved in a spider's origin by the way. She built Gwen's web shooters that she used until she got the Venom symbiote.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-17-2022 at 08:30 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One of Janet's employees, I guess... I wonder if it'll be an alternate version of someone we've already met? We don't see the Van Dyne fashion house much, mainly because Janet has never had a solo book.

Not the first time a version of Janet has been involved in a spider's origin by the way. She built Gwen's web shooters that she used until she got the Venom symbiote.
    And they never did anything with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is a real shame. I'd have loved to see Earth-65 Janet Van Dyne show up as a character witness for Spider-Gwen in the final issues of the original run where she revealed herself and went on trial.

Amazing Member

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/K8...dYLW32TE4k.jpg

Spider-Rex. This is what the "House of Ideas" is dreaming up nowadays.

a house of idea they never said a good ideas
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Involving the Wasp is funny considering her contentious initial relationship with Spidey .
    Feeling was mutual too, that silly "Spiders and Wasps are natural enemies".

Funny that both Janet and Nadia were bitches towards him, though, I'm not sure if Nadia ever stopped lol.

Anyways, where does is say Wasp is involved in this? Only mentions of her are in other stories.

I don't really want a world where Kraven gets Spider-Powers.
    At least he's not a lion again, we had that in Ultimate and Spectacular.

Maybe someday we'll have enough "Kraven powered by other animals" to make an entire zoo out of his counterparts... Lizard Kraven next? .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which is a real shame. I'd have loved to see Earth-65 Janet Van Dyne show up as a character witness for Spider-Gwen in the final issues of the original run where she revealed herself and went on trial.
    The way it was talked about, it seemed to be just a professional relationship where Janet made the webshooters just because, didn't seem that there was a friendship going on.

Question is why she helped out Gwen to begin with if the relationship is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Maze Thing View Post
    https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/K8...dYLW32TE4k.jpg

Spider-Rex. This is what the "House of Ideas" is dreaming up nowadays.
    Why does it look like he has the Majin Boo's "M" on his chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Feeling was mutual too, that silly "Spiders and Wasps are natural enemies".

Funny that both Janet and Nadia were bitches towards him, though, I'm not sure if Nadia ever stopped lol.

Anyways, where does is say Wasp is involved in this? Only mentions of her are in other stories.
    It mentions Van Dyne in the solicit - that's Janet's company, named after herself.

About Nadia, yeah, she initially disliked Spider-Man. She did get over that, but instead hates Peter Parker due to his actions in Secret Empire. The demise of Parker Industries cost the Avengers their headquarters, and she had to step up and let them use the GIRL lab until the Uncanny Avengers team took over and reopened Avengers Mansion, which all three Avengers teams moved into just before Avengers No Surrender. She's never had a problem with Miles, strangely, though among the Champions she is closer to Ironheart, Brawn and Ms. Marvel than him.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It mentions Van Dyne in the solicit - that's Janet's company, named after herself.

About Nadia, yeah, she initially disliked Spider-Man. She did get over that, but instead hates Peter Parker due to his actions in Secret Empire. The demise of Parker Industries cost the Avengers their headquarters, and she had to step up and let them use the GIRL lab until the Uncanny Avengers team took over and reopened Avengers Mansion, which all three Avengers teams moved into just before Avengers No Surrender. She's never had a problem with Miles, strangely, though among the Champions she is closer to Ironheart, Brawn and Ms. Marvel than him.
    Irony, of course.

Yeah - she doesn't know that Peter Parker IS Spider-Man, as that Avengers team never revealed their identities to each other (probably because Jane Foster was also on the team and she revealed herself to very few people).

Funny that someone who works in Wasp's company is becoming a Spider-Slayer, guess spiders and wasps are natural enemies after all .

At least her not liking Peter makes more sense, detesting Spidey that much for no reason to the point she treats people like Doom better? Weird...

Yeah - she doesn't know that Peter Parker IS Spider-Man, as that Avengers team never revealed their identities to each other (probably because Jane Foster was also on the team and she revealed herself to very few people).
    And Spidey kinda avoids revealing his' to other people too, though it can get arbitrary, since Zdarsky's Spectacular has Karnak being aware, and I'm not even sure if Spidey and Karnak ever actually met before that lol.

Thinking of it I wonder if Janet knows... Likely not though.