Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1216
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I'd love to know what sort of interaction Mayday's father and Annie's mother could be having in the cells.
    It's gotta be a surreal experience for the both of them. Spinneret already knows about Mayday so perhaps learning from MC2 Peter the story of how they got Mayday back is probably turning the gears in Spinneret's head. Maybe we'll see RYV Mayday at some point in the future.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I'd love to know what sort of interaction Mayday's father and Annie's mother could be having in the cells.
    Honestly, that's an interesting idea that I couldn't imagine Dan Slott writing outside of a one panel snarky gag.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I forget, does becoming the Other make the person turn into a big spider monster at any point? Poor ol MC2 Peter is just a big spider monster now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I forget, does becoming the Other make the person turn into a big spider monster at any point? Poor ol MC2 Peter is just a big spider monster now.
    It did for Kaine but that usually was as a result of him letting the Other take over. And even then, he’d molt from that form to reveal his normal self. Honestly, it feels like Slott’s taking the piss with that bit because when Kaine transformed he became powerful enough to beat Shathra so MC2 Peter in a serious situation should be their secret weapon.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It did for Kaine but that usually was as a result of him letting the Other take over. And even then, he’d molt from that form to reveal his normal self. Honestly, it feels like Slott’s taking the piss with that bit because when Kaine transformed he became powerful enough to beat Shathra so MC2 Peter in a serious situation should be their secret weapon.
    I thought it was Solus, the father of the Inheritors, that Kaine killed after giving in completely to The Other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought it was Solus, the father of the Inheritors, that Kaine killed after giving in completely to The Other.
    Didn't Kaine freak out and murder Solus because Morlun was about to drive his blade through Benjy's heart?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Didn't Kaine freak out and murder Solus because Morlun was about to drive his blade through Benjy's heart?
    That, and the Inheritors killed "Lucky Ben," so Kaine gave in to the Other out of sheer rage and grief at losing his brother again, intending to aim it squarely at the Inheritors and kill them all for it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My first thought at the cliffhanger was that it was Peter from the Powerless universe. That would have been pretty cool.

He did but a while before that, in the last issue of his solo he transformed into that werespider form and defeated Shathra.

There is so much that doesn't make any sense whatsoever about this event.

Astonishing Member

Spiderverse is one big mess that was mishandled badly..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-06-2023 at 10:53 AM.

I recall that now, thanks. I still don't get why MC2 Peter would just be the big monster now this being the first time we see him since the Spidergeddon ending resurrection lol. Judging by the 2 lines about it, it seems like he already was the creature by the first time he saw wasp-ized Mayday trying to get through to her.

BANNED

I recall that now, thanks. I still don't get why MC2 Peter would just be the big monster now this being the first time we see him since the Spidergeddon ending resurrection lol.
    He was in the Infinity comics just a few weeks ago, and was back to normal, so either that was the 'real' MC2, or it took place after this event.

He was in the Infinity comics just a few weeks ago, and was back to normal, so either that was the 'real' MC2, or it took place after this event.
    I don’t really see Marvel subscribing to this ‘real’/alternate Mayday thing, it’s more likely that the Infinite comic takes place at another time.

BANNED

I don’t really see Marvel subscribing to this ‘real’/alternate Mayday thing, it’s more likely that the Infinite comic takes place at another time.
    It's definitely set after End of Spider-Verse then because Benjy's been aged up slightly and is talking, also Mayday isn't dating Wes.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 01-06-2023 at 05:30 AM.