Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Imagine killing off Gwen before her obviously being in the Sony film sequel.
    Honestly, they could always kill her so she gets Spider-Powers back when resurrecting somehow.

That is assuming Marvel even remembers she doesn't have Spider-Powers and is using a wood eating symbiote right now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Yeah, I know. I just miss Ultimate Jess a lot tbh lol
    Honestly, with how Marvel is handling Spidey, maybe it's better she's in limbo right now too, she could be hanging out with Kaine in that limbo beach of his' .

Don't speak this into existence.
    It had to be said man, we should assume anyone can get a Jackal/Chasm phase.

Uncle Ben is next.

Ngl, one of the bigger missed opportunities of Ultimate Spider-Man was the Scorpion clone. Having him be the evil clone of Peter while Spider-Woman was essentially the Scarlet Spider of the Ultimate Universe was a fun idea. He should've been a Miles villain.
    I think he was abandoned in the Baxter Building too, so he should still be alive lol.

Problem is that Ultimatum happened a while afterwards, and Spidey was originally planned to die there, and then Bendis changed his mind and decided to tie up some loose ends before killing him off... So by that point there wasn't much Ultimate Scorpion could do with Spidey himself, unless Ultimate Scorpion was gonna be a loose end, but that'd probably mean "kill him off" lol.

He could end up being a Miles villain though, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    But why keep around characters aren’t selling? I mean how many solo titles has Gwen had and none of them has lasted same goes for characters like Silk. Only Peter and Miles keep them going. I do take onboard that’s it better to put them in limbo than outright kill them just in case you ever do want to use them again.
    I mean, you answered your own question, just throw 'em in limbo if they're not being used lol.

It's also pretty unlikely for a character to be killed when they have popular counterparts showing up, even if their own comics sell like shit, so Gwen could have the worst selling comics at Marvel, she'd still be pretty unlikely to be killed as long as she's around in other media being popular.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    If we are being honest, the only character that sells is Peter and that is because of ASM, his side books don’t sell great either
    Yeah, other comics like Superior and RYV only really sold a lot because they replaced ASM.

It is nice that stuff won't sell a lot just because Spidey is in it though, it prevents him from becoming like Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I wish Marvel would decide what Theresa is and find different ways to use her, or just have her disappear like the Gwen clone.
    I blame Spencer for her being a mess still, because that can start a very annoying habit of defining her by her past instead of who she is, she's not like Donna or Hawkman, but man, if they keep changing her past she might become like 'em...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And considering how long it took for characters like Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Cap, Ant-Man and Wasp to get their own books (With Ant-Man and Wasp not even getting one), it does tell you something about how popular Spidey was that his second appearance had him on his own comic.

I do think he was originally planned to get an anthology book after Marvel realized how popular he is, ASM#1 and #2 have more than one story each, but then they realized how popular he is and gave him his own comic.

Or at least, that's how I think it happened.

Huh, shouldn't they know each other's secret identities at this point?

I remember there was a silly story where they body switched in Ms. Marvel Team-Up, did they lose the memories of that shit?

And it's not like Spidey became a saint right away just because of that too, he doesn't dwell on uncle Ben's death that much in Ditko's run, and once he even decided to not stop a crime and let the cops handle it:

(ASM#34).

And this is late in Ditko's run, after the Master Planner trilogy even, so Spidey wasn't the type to stop every crime ever.

If you look at it from a purely business perspective, then killing them off does nothing, it's just removing products that could be used later.

It's not like they have to keep using the characters that much, if they're not selling then just throw 'em in limbo.

Hey man don't worry, if Kaine shows up to die, you're not the one who jinxed it, that would be me, 'cause I've been saying he would show up to die in this event since it got announced .

The Madame Web movie may have other Spider-Women, and Jessica herself may or may not be getting a movie.
    Yeah, it involved the Jackal (Miles Warren version) having somehow survived Ben Reilly's murder attempt on him in the aftermath of Clone Conspiracy and plotting to steal the invention of a former ESU classmate of Peter's that could preserve people's memories in a kind of digital cloud, which was intended to help people suffering from Alzheimer's or dementia, though the Jackal wanted to use it to further advance his cloning technology. In the process of trying to stop him from stealing that invention, something went off and it switched Spidey's and Ms. Marvel's minds into each other's bodies, though when they were finally able to switch back, it came at the cost of their most recent memories at the time, so they explicitly lost the knowledge of each other's real identities.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

nice first issue liked the twist with Morlun im excited for more
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    nice first issue liked the twist with Morlun im excited for more
    Morlun as an ally was an interesting twist, I'll admit, but I wonder what his angle is. Does he want pure Spider-Totems that he can feed off, and their corruption by Shathra is spoiling his would-be meal?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, other comics like Superior and RYV only really sold a lot because they replaced ASM.

It is nice that stuff won't sell a lot just because Spidey is in it though, it prevents him from becoming like Batman.
    I am curious how this satellite book will sell.

Marvel is doing a few things right with the book compared to other titles.

It has a known creative team who has done significant Spider-Man work in the past. Plus, Slott has worked with Wells in the past, so they should be able to coordinate the two books pretty easily.

Spider-Man
    is a title for a satellite book that isn't automatically seen as lesser than Amazing Spider-Man. The top-selling Spider-Man comic ever is Spider-Man #1 by Todd Macfarlane. The first Sam Raimi film was just called Spider-Man. There are plenty of good video games with that title.

The character works really well in an ongoing series which may be part of why the satellite books flop. Readers care about what happens to Peter Parker, and they've been trained to recognize that the major events will be in Amazing Spider-Man. So sales will be interesting. If this doesn't work out, rotating writers on Amazing Spider-Man is likely to be a permanent fixture.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Morlun as an ally was an interesting twist, I'll admit, but I wonder what his angle is. Does he want pure Spider-Totems that he can feed off, and their corruption by Shathra is spoiling his would-be meal?
    enemy of my enemy is my friend type of deal i guess
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yes, I know. But if Marvel finally allows her to be Peter's REAL sister, then she would definitely be a counterpart of Ultimate Jessica Drew as Peter's "sister".
    Or for a real shock twist, instead of ultimate Jessica do Avengers Alliance Jessica.
    https://avengersalliance.fandom.com/...aker_of_Stone_
    Yeah... this is the alt-U where Jessica is one of the Worthy.

Beating the ---- out of Karn and Morlun with her was sooo much fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    enemy of my enemy is my friend type of deal i guess
    I... Don't think that's the case. I mean, Morlun and his family feed on anykind of Totem. We have seen them eat not only spiders, but also evolved animals like the ones created by the High Evolutionary. As far as I see, Morlun could feed on Shanthra just like any other totem.

The only reason I could see for him to side with the Spiders is the fact that, if the Web of Life and Destiny is destroyed and replaced by Shathra's nest, this could affect the nature of realities themselves, which could be bad for Morlun's conquest plans. You know, a situation "I'm not saving you, I'm saving me; we are only sharing the same boat".

Not a bad issue really. Honestly if we get Superior back in some form because of this, I'll be a very happy girl.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    Not a bad issue really. Honestly if we get Superior back in some form because of this, I'll be a very happy girl.
    How and why could we get "superior" back in some form because of this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xwho View Post
    How and why could we get "superior" back in some form because of this?
    You just get a variant from an alternate Earth. Like Spider-Gwen or Miles.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    You just get a variant from an alternate Earth. Like Spider-Gwen or Miles.
    Chances are he'll just be infected already and not used for anything apart of this story

Incredible Member

I’d like to see Ben from Earth-94 come back (the Ben from the Scarlet Spiders Spiderverse mini. I think that was Earth-94) in this story. If we can’t get our normal Ben involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I... Don't think that's the case. I mean, Morlun and his family feed on anykind of Totem. We have seen them eat not only spiders, but also evolved animals like the ones created by the High Evolutionary. As far as I see, Morlun could feed on Shanthra just like any other totem.

The only reason I could see for him to side with the Spiders is the fact that, if the Web of Life and Destiny is destroyed and replaced by Shathra's nest, this could affect the nature of realities themselves, which could be bad for Morlun's conquest plans. You know, a situation "I'm not saving you, I'm saving me; we are only sharing the same boat".
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’d like to see Ben from Earth-94 come back (the Ben from the Scarlet Spiders Spiderverse mini. I think that was Earth-94) in this story. If we can’t get our normal Ben involved.
    Would be nice, but I'd rather that version of Ben went out on a relatively positive note than come back just to get corrupted by Shathra or severed from the Great Web, or something even worse.

BANNED

Maybe it's because of how bland the Wells ASM is but, as much as I hate to admit it, Slott didn't do too bad here. I've never been his biggest fan, but I gave it a chance and it was a fun issue where things actually happened and Peter didn't seem utterly miserable. Most of Slott's more annoying (to me, at least) aspects were pretty subdued here and I don't really have any major complaints here.