Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Still shouldn't be making pacts with devils, so hope he didn't make a habit out of that.

And hey, so that's how Darkdevil got his powers, thanks for the info, I remember seeing him in a random comic and wondering why a Daredevil successor has those random powers lol.
    You're very welcome, and yeah, that much is true.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    "End of Spider-Verse" is the first arc? Then what will be the next one?
    Miami Lizards?
    Massacre VS Carnage?
    Enter the Neogoblin?

It's going to be a standard Spider-Man monthly.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'm just wondering how he'll end the spider-verse.
    Likely another mean-spirited, undignified massacre of fan-favorites like the original.

BANNED

According to Slott over at the main thread for 'Spider-Man', Bagley has already drawn several issues of the arc.

I may be in the minority but I am looking forward to this Spider-Verse mess being cleaned up a bit.

Hoping for the best. We shall see.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Likely another mean-spirited, undignified massacre of fan-favorites like the original.
    So what, are they gonna kill Noir again then?

I also really think Kaine will be killed this time around, he's been having it too good lately .

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I may be in the minority but I am looking forward to this Spider-Verse mess being cleaned up a bit.

Hoping for the best. We shall see.
    I don't really care about the concept of Spider-Verse, but killing off characters and trying to end something like this is whatever.

That's assuming they'll kill off and actually end the Spider-Verse though, who knows, maybe "Spider-Verse" will end, and then it'll become "Arachnid-Verse", which would technically make it even bigger lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Lukmendes;6107199]So what, are they gonna kill Noir again then?

I also really think Kaine will be killed this time around, he's been having it too good lately .

Slott killed off a good chunk of them in the original, something that put me off Marvel for a good while, so killing Kaine seems par for the course. After that gross Amazing Friends scene in the original, I'm half expecting Slott to create a Spider-Puppy for Morlun to stomp on.

Astonishing Member

Slott killed off a good chunk of them in the original, something that put me off Marvel for a good while, so killing Kaine seems par for the course. After that gross Amazing Friends scene in the original, I'm half expecting Slott to create a Spider-Puppy for Morlun to stomp on.
    Spider-Puppy lol. And no doubt.

I wonder if Slott will kill off/destroy the family of Miles's and Gwen's kids (as seen in Spider-Gwen vol. 2 #18), or if only kids that belong to Peter and MJ will be killed/have their families destroyed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    if only kids that belong to Peter and MJ will be killed/have their families destroyed.
    Slott was the one who suggested that MC2 Peter be revived as The Other, so he's probably got some role for Mayday and her dad for this story. Would he be willing to kill his own creations in the Renew Your Vows family? Who knows.

Spidergeddon's marketing also said no Spider was safe, yet the only major death of any real note was Spidey UK and Noir, and Noir came back a year later when Jed McKay wrote a Spider-Verse series.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 07-05-2022 at 05:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Slott was the one who suggested that MC2 Peter be revived as The Other, so he's probably got some role for Mayday and her dad for this story. Would he be willing to kill his own creations in the Renew Your Vows family? Who knows.

Spidergeddon's marketing also said no Spider was safe, yet the only major death of any real note was Spidey UK and Noir, and Noir came back a year later when Jed McKay wrote a Spider-Verse series.
    I was mostly joking.

Personally I’d prefer it if mass murder wasn’t used as story hook bait by writers and marketing, but what can you do.

Fingers crossed the MC2 and RYV universes are left off Slott’s bad will tour of meanspirited murder, but I’m not holding my breath.

Either Spider-Verse or Spider-Geddon had the Morlun twins killing a Spider-Cat, so the only reason I don't expect Morlun, or whatever villain this story has, to kill a Spider-Puppy is because something similar has been done already.

Who knows, maybe Wells will influence this story and have a Spider-Baby being eaten instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Spider-Puppy lol. And no doubt.

I wonder if Slott will kill off/destroy the family of Miles's and Gwen's kids (as seen in Spider-Gwen vol. 2 #18), or if only kids that belong to Peter and MJ will be killed/have their families destroyed.
    Maybe Mayday will be killed off after the passes the "Spider-Girl" mantle to someone else .

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Either Spider-Verse or Spider-Geddon had the Morlun twins killing a Spider-Cat, so the only reason I don't expect Morlun, or whatever villain this story has, to kill a Spider-Puppy is because something similar has been done already.

Who knows, maybe Wells will influence this story and have a Spider-Baby being eaten instead.

Maybe Mayday will be killed off after the passes the "Spider-Girl" mantle to someone else .
    Mayday will get a boost and if she does or a variant of her does show up in Into the Spiderverse movie. Can expect a small resurgence for her as well

That's assuming they'll kill off and actually end the Spider-Verse though, who knows, maybe "Spider-Verse" will end, and then it'll become "Arachnid-Verse", which would technically make it even bigger lol.
    Mmmm Scorpions...

BANNED

I can see Mayday passing it over to Annie, the last time we saw her with her parents she was still trying to get her name changed.

I also wonder if Annie will lose her god-like pattern weaver status?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Mmmm Scorpions...
    Yep, what I was thinking about, and whatever other arachnids out there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I can see Mayday passing it over to Annie, the last time we saw her with her parents she was still trying to get her name changed.
    It'd be weird for Annie to really need Mayday's blessing for this, 'cause they don't live in the same universe, it's not like the billions of Spider-Men out there need Spidey's blessing even if they aren't Peter lol.

I also wonder if Annie will lose her god-like pattern weaver status?
    It depends, if she gets to keep showing up or even gets another attempt at an on-going then probably not, unless the on-going attempt doesn't try to do the family angle as much as has multiversal adventures or whatever.

Though if someone replaces her, it'd be probably someone taking the role of Master Weaver, and I do wonder who would do so, Karn again with another time paradox maybe? Lol.