Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Slott confirmed during his panel that Mr. Negative and Mysterio will appear in his new run, that the book will be impacted by whatever it is that Wells is doing, and that it's Spider-Man without much of a safety net. There won't be another Doc Ock story for the time being as he's told all he can with the character
    Mr. Negative still hasn't gotten that boost from the Insomniac games, I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    My response exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    There won't be another Doc Ock story for the time being as he's told all he can with the character
    It's not like that stopped him before.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

I can't see why Jessica Drew and Black Widow are not included in the story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mr. Negative still hasn't gotten that boost from the Insomniac games, I feel.
    Which's surprising, Spencer's run only used him once, while it looked like he was gonna be used later, nothing happened.

My response exactly.
    It even says "for the time being" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I can't see why Jessica Drew and Black Widow are not included in the story as well.
    I wonder if you'll ever put it into your head that Natasha isn't a Spider lol.

Jessica not being here would be odd though, she was in the last Spider-Verse stuff, and is even gonna be in the next movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Who says Jessica Drew is not? She will surely appear at some point.

As for Black Widow, although she has the name of a spider, she's not really a "spider-totem" like Spider-Man and the others. She's basically human, not a totem; just like Batman is just human but he's no totem. I wonder what would happen if Natasha gain Spider powers too. We saw a hint of it in "Marvel's Spider-Man", when she was infected by the spider-virus. It was awesome, so maybe Marvel should try that in the comics.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Who says Jessica Drew is not? She will surely appear at some point.

As for Black Widow, although she has the name of a spider, she's not really a "spider-totem" like Spider-Man and the others. She's basically human, not a totem; just like Batman is just human but he's no totem. I wonder what would happen if Natasha gain Spider powers too. We saw a hint of it in "Marvel's Spider-Man", when she was infected by the spider-virus. It was awesome, so maybe Marvel should try that in the comics.
    Technically, Black Widow in the comics is a super-soldier as well, having been injected with the Russian recreation of the Super-Soldier Serum, so it's not entirely true that she doesn't have powers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Preview for Edge of Spider-Verse#1

https://www.gamesradar.com/edge-spider-verse-dan-slott/

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Who is the "dame" Noir is writing too? I feel it will be Aunt May or Felecia or MJ. Not that it could tell us anything about 616 stuff, but could give a hint where things are trending towards

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, Black Widow in the comics is a super-soldier as well, having been injected with the Russian recreation of the Super-Soldier Serum, so it's not entirely true that she doesn't have powers.
    Yeah... isn't she actually like 70 or 80 years old? one of those weird details that doesn't get brought up often. *looks it up*.. oh, my bad.. over 90. She was a small child in 1928.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

But current Black Widow is also a clone after the she was killed in the Civil War 2 and technically she has a kid too
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 07-28-2022 at 01:09 PM.

Yeah, she sacrificed herself to protect Miles. The Red Room, it turns out, has similar tech to what's currently on Krakoa, they cloned her body and implanted her memories, therefore resurrecting her!
    Yeah, she has the same powers as Captain America. Mainly the eternal youth element, they gave her the powers to explain how she could be ex-Soviet after the USSR's demise, so it's a 90s/2000s retcon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah... isn't she actually like 70 or 80 years old? one of those weird details that doesn't get brought up often. *looks it up*.. oh, my bad.. over 90. She was a small child in 1928.
    Uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But current Black Widow is also a clone after the she was killed in the Civil War 2 and technically she has a kid too
    Secret Empire, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she sacrificed herself to protect Miles. The Red Room, it turns out, has similar tech to what's currently on Krakoa, they cloned her body and implanted her memories, therefore resurrecting her!
    Yeah, she has the same powers as Captain America. Mainly the eternal youth element, they gave her the powers to explain how she could be ex-Soviet after the USSR's demise, so it's a 90s/2000s retcon.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I didn't say Blaack Widow doesn't have powers; although technically, super-soldiers are humans taken to the peak of physical condition, so they are the lowest level of "powers" we can consider. Batman doesn't have real powers, but we can put him in the same level as "super-soldiers" like Captain America and Black Widow.

Anyway, what I meant is that Black Widow is NOT a Spider-Totem, although she has been trying to emulate Spider-Man's abilities in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I didn't say Blaack Widow doesn't have powers; although technically, super-soldiers are humans taken to the peak of physical condition, so they are the lowest level of "powers" we can consider. Batman doesn't have real powers, but we can put him in the same level as "super-soldiers" like Captain America and Black Widow.

Anyway, what I meant is that Black Widow is NOT a Spider-Totem, although she has been trying to emulate Spider-Man's abilities in the past.
    Enh... the supersoldier thing gave Black Widow and Cap legit super powers since it's just not possible for an ordinary person to do what they do. It's a valid argument that they're weak powers. But... the ability to do what black Widow does at the age of 90 is definitely outside the ability of non-enhanced humans.

But yeah, not a Spider-totem.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 07-29-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh... the supersoldier thing gave Black Widow and Cap legit super powers since it's just not possible for an ordinary person to do what they do. It's a valid argument that they're weak powers. But... the ability to do what black Widow does at the age of 90 is definitely outside the ability of non-enhanced humans.

But yeah, not a Spider-totem.
    Just to be clear, anything that Captain America and Black Widow do is at the same level than Batman, and he's just human. What "super-soldiers" do is actually possible for a human being if it trains to the peak of its physical condition. The only "impossible" thing here is the fact that super-soldiers age slower than regular humans and heal faster. Other than that, top athletes or trained soldiers could match a "super-soldier".

What Batman does, however, is actually impossible for a human being. With so many wounds on his body through the years, he should have retired a log time ago already.

Now, back to the main topic, the closest thing we ever had to Black Widow being a Spider-Totem was in "Marvel's Spider-Man", when she was affected by the Spider-Virus of Spider-Island. I have to say, even if it hurts me as Spider-Man's fan, that Natasha totally rocked with spider powers.