Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Most villains never trust each other. Which means like the sinister six, Mornin and the spider wasp will betray each other eventually.
    These characters would be better served in the following series:

X-Men
    Spider-Woman
    Black Widow
    Avengers
    Tigra
    Deadpool
    Excalibur

BANNED

Edge of Spider-Verse#2 preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/11/ex...pider-verse-2/

spoilers:
    Slott is writing what appears to be the 'Shathra' origin story, guest starring Annie May
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

spoilers:
    Slott is writing what appears to be the 'Shathra' origin story, guest starring Annie May
    end of spoilers
    Pretty sure some spiders will dies in this story, but they better don't dare to make Mayday (and Benjy) and Annie May two of the casualties.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Pretty sure some spiders will dies in this story, but they better don't dare to make Mayday (and Benjy) and Annie May two of the casualties.
    Cosigned. Very much cosigned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

God cameos!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    spoilers:
    Given Slott's comments lately that 'all Spiders screw up somehow' I get the feeling Annie may do something that contributes to Shathra's origin and thus kick off the whole event in a wibbly-wobbly sense (if you watch Doctor Who, you'll know what I mean), and thus have to find a way of correcting things. I doubt Slott will kill one of his own creations, but you never know
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 08-12-2022 at 12:46 AM.

BANNED

"...Irene Sankoff and David Hein, the creators of Broadway's Come Away With Me, are doing Spinstress, the first singing/talks-to-animals Spider-Princess, which makes me so happy as there will be music!," Slott told SFX Magazine in a recent interview on some of the more off-the-wall characters to appear in the upcoming series.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-introduce...incess-powers/

spoilers:
    Given Slott's comments lately that 'all Spiders screw up somehow' I get the feeling Annie may do something that contributes to Shathra's origin and thus kick off the whole event in a wibbly-wobbly sense (if you watch Doctor Who, you'll know what I mean), and thus have to find a way of correcting things. I doubt Slott will kill one of his own creations, but you never know
    end of spoilers
    Oh, yes. And considering Slott is a fan of Doctor Who as well . . . Then again, it wouldn't be the first time in comics that time traveling led to heroes indirectly creating their archenemies. From Marvel alone, there's Cable and Apocalypse, with one of Cable's jaunts through time resulting in Apocalypse paradoxically being infected with the same techno-organic virus that he would "later" infect Cable with when Cable was just baby Nathan Summers. From DC, though, there's a more (in)famous example with Barry Allen/Flash and Eobard Thawne/Professor Zoom/Reverse-Flash, as according to the last retcon of the Reverse-Flash's origin, Barry's own actions, however inadvertently or unintentionally, pushed Eobard, then a starstruck time-traveling fanboy of the Flash, into villainy.

Should be interesting.

Well, this kind of story does let them get a little creative with it.

Spider-UK's backstory is a giant Doctor Who reference too.
    spoilers:
    She works for a Brigadier Stewart of WHO. Marvel version of UNIT? She's also Muslim, like the Doctor's most recent female companion Yaz Khan.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spider-UK's backstory is a giant Doctor Who reference too.
    spoilers:
    She works for a Brigadier Stewart of WHO. Marvel version of UNIT? She's also Muslim, like the Doctor's most recent female companion Yaz Khan.
    end of spoilers
    Possibly, yeah. Considering Marvel UK used to publish Doctor Who comics and also depicted a fair amount of British-born spy/security organizations.

Extraordinary Member

I will be disappointed if Tobey's, Andrew's and Tom's Spideys are not in this. And they all acknowledge NWH.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I will be disappointed if Tobey's, Andrew's and Tom's Spideys are not in this. And they all acknowledge NWH.
    There were versions of them in Spider-Geddon and the original Spider-Verse, although I guess they were variants since the NWH versions clearly were having the multiverse experience for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think they'll do another movie crossover again so I doubt they'll acknowledge any comic event.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    There were versions of them in Spider-Geddon and the original Spider-Verse, although I guess they were variants since the NWH versions clearly were having the multiverse experience for the first time.
    Could be that Spider-Geddon is set after NWH.