Page 23 of 82 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Trailer for End of Spider-Verse...the order of the web appears to be back, helping Peter out against Morlun and Shathra...Peter's unmasked during the battle with Morlun and the Oscorp suit gets wrecked!
    battle damage suit already nice. well at least it's consistent that Peter can't beat Morlun straight up
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    battle damage suit already nice. well at least it's consistent that Peter can't beat Morlun straight up
    And Dan Slott writing Spidey again so you know he needs help .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know it's Morlun, but what a surprise that Peter gets beat up and needs to get saved by other Spiders .
    This. So tiresome. Morlun is the law of diminishing returns.

Astonishing Member

If Peter could defeat Morlun on his own, then:

1. People would complain about Morlun being weakened.

2. It wouldn't be a Spider-Verse story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    They'd be reading 'Coming Home' which was a better comic

It would really depend on the execution. I'm not even that big a fan of Spider-Verse, it never really ends well for Peter.

Astonishing Member

It would really depend on the execution. I'm not even that big a fan of Spider-Verse, it never really ends well for Peter.
    How would you do a Spider-Verse story starring Peter Parker, where Peter doesn't team-up with other spider-people? Wouldn't it disappoint people if Peter didn't team-up with the other spider-people?

We all knew going in that this would be a team-up between all the Spider-Men and Spider-Women, so I don't understand the complaint.

It's like pointing at a Justice League comic and complaining that Superman needs his friends' help again.

Astonishing Member

1. Peter HAS defeated Morlun on his own; that's part of the reason why Spider-Verse is such a contrived, badly told story because Peter forgot he knew Morlun's weakness for most of the arc.

2. Funny, there was an entire movie about the Spider-Verse and Morlun wasn't even name-checked; he's not needed for a Spider-Verse story, which is what I believe people are pointing out.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 08-25-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    2. Funny, there was an entire movie about the Spider-Verse and Morlun wasn't even name-checked; he's not needed for a Spider-Verse story, which is what I believe people are pointing out.
    If Peter could defeat the villain on his own, whoever that villain is, then it wouldn't be a Spider-Verse story.

what do you mean first spider-verse he learn he can handle a company to some extent? Second one he wasnt even involved but sideline fighting morlun again. only bad thing that happens to him is that he gets his butt kick

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

1. Peter HAS defeated Morlun on his own; that's part of the reason why Spider-Verse is such a contrived, badly told story because Peter forgot he knew Morlun's weakness for most of the arc.

i mean its not easy to get radiation to inject yourself

How would you do a Spider-Verse story starring Peter Parker, where Peter doesn't team-up with other spider-people? Wouldn't it disappoint people if Peter didn't team-up with the other spider-people?

We all knew going in that this would be a team-up between all the Spider-Men and Spider-Women, so I don't understand the complaint.

It's like pointing at a Justice League comic and complaining that Superman needs his friends' help again.
    Spider-Man's not a team comic and generally I don't think his handling in Spider-Verse or teaming-up with other Spiders has been all that great.

Especially under Slott's pen.
    what do you mean first spider-verse he learn he can handle a company to some extent? Second one he wasnt even involved but sideline fighting morlun again. only bad thing that happens to him is that he gets his butt kick
    I can't tell if that's serious or not .

Astonishing Member

i mean its not easy to get radiation to inject yourself
    But it's incredibly easy to say "Hey, gang of spiders that can travel the web to find what we need, they're susceptible to radiation!"

Peter Parker, who supposedly is so guilt ridden by the death of his uncle, is responsible for all the deaths of the spiders that occured after he joined the team because Slott made him too stupid to remember and Silk had to coincidentally deus ex machina style stumble onto an irradiated world.

Spider-Verse was so incredibly dumb. It read like an excuse to kill off other creators' versions of Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

If Peter could defeat the villain on his own, whoever that villain is, then it wouldn't be a Spider-Verse story.
    The conversation was about Morlun in specific and that the character has lost his effectivess through overuse and now is a case of diminishing returns.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 08-25-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man's not a team comic and generally I don't think his handling in Spider-Verse or teaming-up with other Spiders has been all that great.

Especially under Slott's pen.
    This isn't a regular Spider-Man story, it's a special event. Spider-Verse is a team-up event. It's like those Super Sentai movies where two or three groups team up.

You can dislike the execution, or even disagree with the premise, but knowing that the premise is what it is, "Peter can't defeat the villain on his own, this is bad" is a strange criticism.

If Peter defeats the villain all by himself, with no help from any of the other heroes, then what is the point of the team-up? If Peter is off doing his own thing, separately from the other heroes, then it's a team-up event where the main character doesn't actually do any teaming up.

The conversation was about Morlun in specific and that the character has lost his effectivess through overuse and now is a case of diminishing returns.
    Frontier took issue with Morlun beating up Peter so badly that other heroes had to come to his aid. That's the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Lee; 08-25-2022 at 12:56 PM.

This isn't a regular Spider-Man story, it's a special event. Spider-Verse is a team-up event. It's like those Super Sentai movies where two or three groups team up.

You can dislike the execution, or even disagree with the premise, but knowing that the premise is what it is, "Peter can't defeat the villain on his own, this is bad" is a strange criticism.

If Peter defeats the villain all by himself, with no help from any of the other heroes, then what is the point of the team-up? If Peter is off doing his own thing, separately from the other heroes, then it's a team-up event where the main character doesn't actually do any teaming up.
    I know it's not a regular Spider-Man story, it's partly of why I'm not big on Peter being involved in Spider-Verse stories. I just don't see much value in it beyond the other Spiders people want to see.

I mean, I read Spider-Man stories for Spider-Man to resolve the problem and save the day on his own terms. Which I feel like Slott has often struggled with in his stories.