Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Know what? I’ll take it. Maybe a spider event will spice things up a bit considering this current run leaves nothing for me to look forward to.

Bets on who bites it this time? And think Otto will find some way to get involved again?

Well, Slott killed off nearly every Peter who was in a happy relationship with a Mary Jane, as well as killing a few Mary Jane variants, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that continue. 50/50 on whether he kills the Renew Your Vows Peter and/or MJ - he created them but that might be why he feels he can kill them off.

Will Otto be involved? Is water wet?

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Well, Slott killed off nearly every Peter who was in a happy relationship with a Mary Jane, as well as killing a few Mary Jane variants, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that continue. 50/50 on whether he kills the Renew Your Vows Peter and/or MJ - he created them but that might be why he feels he can kill them off.

Will Otto be involved? Is water wet?
    Oh damn, I'm really not up for more Otto as the writer's pet.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So theory, just a prediction I'm throwing out there; I'm assuming that Annie going to get time-displaced/separated from her universe and stuck in the main one at the end of the story. With Anya returning to being Arana again, that kind of leaves Spider-Girl mantle empty.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Will Chasm get involved?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So theory, just a prediction I'm throwing out there; I'm assuming that Annie going to get time-displaced/separated from her universe and stuck in the main one at the end of the story. With Anya returning to being Arana again, that kind of leaves Spider-Girl mantle empty.
    That would work well. I never thought I would say this, but I am looking forward to Dan Slott writing Spider-Man again ( especially after what is going on in ASM).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    will anyone finally get to officially be Spider-Boy, or is that still permanently part of the Amalgalm conundrum..
    I refuse to die until we get a mainline Spider-Boy (and a Batboy in the DC books).

So is an older Annie the redheaded Spider-Person from the Timeless teaser?

Mephisto shitting himself in fear at the prospect of a Peter MJ daughter finding their way into the mainline universe.

spoilers:
    Also Mayday secretly seething that Annie beat her to the punch to "becoming canon" so to speak
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Mephisto shitting himself in fear at the prospect of a Peter MJ daughter finding their way into the mainline universe.

spoilers:
    Also Mayday secretly seething that Annie beat her to the punch to "becoming canon" so to speak
    end of spoilers
    It's just going to make the current drama of her parents even more stupid .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That would work well. I never thought I would say this, but I am looking forward to Dan Slott writing Spider-Man again ( especially after what is going on in ASM).
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Though thinking about it some more, he could go with a third option with May from the Dark Ages mini-series lol

It's a baseless theory admittedly but it would be interesting to see Pete actually have to assume a guardian role, and since she would be from a different universe it would be without the baggage of her "actually" being his daughter. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    The choice between Wells and Slott is like the choice between rancid hot dogs and rancid hamburgers, IMO.

I'd rather have something, y'know, not rancid.

It's just going to make the current drama of her parents even more stupid .
    I was going to say I highly doubt a Parker kid will end up in 616, but Wells seems to be introducing children into the story left and right (what with the reveal in ASM #1 and having looked at the ASM #2 preview). On the other hand, Wells also likes to kill off children (a key plot point in Hellions was discovering dead babies and kids, plus Kwannon's daughter was destroyed for good - and we all know what happened in Shed), so...careful what one wishes for.

Well, the Timeless tease did say something about honoring the sacrifices, and I can totally see Dan killing off RYV Peter and MJ because he seemed to be on a mission in the original Spider-Verse to eradicate nearly every happy version of the marriage, so maybe you're on to something!
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-10-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This story was probably done to tie into Across the Spider-Verse before that film was delayed.
    I'm not sure.

Obviously Marvel's happy with a tie-in to a major movie, and with having more Spider-Verse material in book stores when the new film kicks off.

The currently announced comics are prologues, with the main event coming later in the year.

If Marvel wanted to connect it to the film, why not just delay these issues? It also doesn't make sense to announce an end to the Spider-Verse at the same time we're seeing Part 1 of a two-part Spider-Verse movie.

I'm guessing Slott & co. had some ideas and it was an easy pitch because of the prominence of the spider-verse with the movies. But I think it came from the creative team rather than the other way around. Otherwise, Slott seems like an odd choice as someone who concluded a run on Spider-Man a few years ago, and is not that prolific (which means hiring him for this means that he won't be able to do other projects.)

I do have to say I'm happy with Marvel's vote of confidence for the Brand New Day creative teams and direction, after all the talk about how the Nick Spencer run was a repudiation of all that.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    p
    I'm guessing Slott & co. had some ideas and it was an easy pitch because of the prominence of the spider-verse with the movies. But I think it came from the creative team rather than the other way around. Otherwise, Slott seems like an odd choice as someone who concluded a run on Spider-Man a few years ago, and is not that prolific (which means hiring him for this means that he won't be able to do other projects.)
    Wonder if that means the rumors he is off FF are true? The upcoming FF issues of AXE: Judgment Day will be written by someone else.

Hope so. I’d love to start reading FF again.

I do have to say I'm happy with Marvel's vote of confidence for the Brand New Day creative teams and direction, after all the talk about how the Nick Spencer run was a repudiation of all that.
    Or maybe it’s a case that no one else but that team wants to work on the BNDified Spider-Man. We know Zdarsky turned down ASM because editorial interference was too strong.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Not gonna lie, could get a rest from mean-spirited character assassination, literal or otherwise.

Also hoping the main Peter Parker stays out of it, Slott's Peter exhausted me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Oh yay. More mean-spirited trolling so Dan can amuse himself on Twitter. Awesome. Wow.

Can't wait for another of Dan's repetitive ad nauseum sequences of Spiders being killed, Spiders running away, Spiders being killed, Spiders running away, etc, until a deus ex machina comes out of nowhere to mercifully bring the story to an end when even Dan gets tired of his schtick.
    All his

F*ck Marvel for giving this man anything related to Spiders anymore

He'll sideline Mayday again to push his f*cking OC's and kill off so many other characters

Only thing I hope is that Felicia Spider is written by someone else and it's Peter and Felicia together, maybe even w/ kids but I unfortunately doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm not sure.

Obviously Marvel's happy with a tie-in to a major movie, and with having more Spider-Verse material in book stores when the new film kicks off.

The currently announced comics are prologues, with the main event coming later in the year.

If Marvel wanted to connect it to the film, why not just delay these issues? It also doesn't make sense to announce an end to the Spider-Verse at the same time we're seeing Part 1 of a two-part Spider-Verse movie.

Chip Zdarsky was offered ASM and turned it down. He took Batman instead. Batman is not a character known for lack of editorial interference.

We also know Spider-Man: Beyond was Nick Lowe's idea.

These are... some pretty strong indicators of editorial asserting its control over the Spider-line. I would not say that's a good thing.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 05-10-2022 at 09:57 PM.