Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Spider-Man#4 cover, January

I feel like this is referencing a cover, but I don't know which...

What the hell is Morlun doing besides the Spiders though?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Question, did the people behind the creation of Sun Spider actually do any research when they chose to give her Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)? (I know one of them is confined to a wheelchair but i do not know if they have the condition themselves but if they do it makes teh choice even stranger). Because i did and there is no reason whatsoever for her to be a superhero with that condition.

Also there so many mix signals in her story, i mean does or does she not want help? It was just so confusing, and this was a comic with a talking spider buggy, a Disney princess (the cringe!) and a guy with a terrible look.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 09-21-2022 at 05:21 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Question, did the people behind the creation of Sun Spider actually do any research when they chose to give her Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)? (I know one of them is confined to a wheelchair but i do not know if they have the condition themselves but if they do it makes teh choice even stranger). Because i did and there is no reason whatsoever for her to be a superhero with that condition.

Also there so many mix signals in her story, i mean does or does she not want help? It was just so confusing, and this was a comic with a talking spider buggy, a Disney princess (the cringe!) and a guy with a terrible look.
    She's a teenager. Teenagers tend to be very self-conflicted.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spider-Man#4 cover, January

Not gonna lie, most of this alternate spiders lineup feels kinda underwhelming especially compared to past Spider-Verse events especially since the previous 2 had new Spiders but most of the lineup was composed of Spiders from across Spider-Man’s publishing history, making seeing them together have a great scope to it. Here though most of the alternate Spiders are ones that were literally just made for this story thus taking away a lot of the fanservice kind of feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Did someone confuse it with MJ’s Spinneret?
    Must've done. Maybe they incorrectly assumed Spinneret was a legacy character, like how there's more than one Spider-Man? When in reality, the Renew Your Vows one is the only character to have that name in Marvel Comics.

They'll easily be able to delete her though. Would leave an odd gap however, unless they patch in another character.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-22-2022 at 08:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Must've done. Maybe they incorrectly assumed Spinneret was a legacy character, like how there's more than one Spider-Man? When in reality, the Renew Your Vows one is the only character to have that name in Marvel Comics.

They'll easily be able to delete her though. Would leave an odd gap however, unless they patch in another character.
    Nope Bengal said both names were on a list he got. He has MJ another cover and said he knew the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    What is the point of the suit glowing? I remember them making fun of it during the Parker Industries era .

Hasn't Julia already told Peter he's a chosen one at this point...although the exact nature of that seems to change story-by-story.

7 issue arc at least so 7 months.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What is the point of the suit glowing? I remember them making fun of it during the Parker Industries era .

Hasn't Julia already told Peter he's a chosen one at this point...although the exact nature of that seems to change story-by-story.
    All the spiders called 616 Peter the Chosen One in Spider-Verse. But this explains a lot about Dan Slott's "writing" if he can't even recall what he himself wrote.

I just bet it was a treat for Slott to watch JMD, an actual talented writer with a deep understanding of writing craft, to work. Kinda like a toddler watching a master blacksmith construct a suit of armor.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.06.25 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.04.39 AM.jpg

BANNED

Of course Slott has to put a Parker kid through the wringer again, even the one he created....Annie not only gets turned to Shathra's will, but her powers have been used by Shathra to track, kill or 'convert' countless variants of the Spiders, and now she's paving the way for an invasion of 616/Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    All the spiders called 616 Peter the Chosen One in Spider-Verse. But this explains a lot about Dan Slott's "writing" if he can't even recall what he himself wrote.

I just bet it was a treat for Slott to watch JMD, an actual talented writer with a deep understanding of writing craft, to work. Kinda like a toddler watching a master blacksmith construct a suit of armor.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.06.25 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.04.39 AM.jpg
    8 years ago though but the reasoning for being the chosen one is only cause he defeated Morlun nothing more
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Of course Slott has to put a Parker kid through the wringer again, even the one he created....Annie not only gets turned to Shathra's will, but her powers have been used by Shathra to track, kill or 'convert' countless variants of the Spiders, and now she's paving the way for an invasion of 616/Prime.
    Well, damn. That's gonna be rough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    8 years ago though but the reasoning for being the chosen one is only cause he defeated Morlun nothing more
    So you're saying Slott is too lazy to go back and read his own work leading into his new story? I buy that.

And yes, the reasoning for Peter being the "chosen one" is stupid. As was par for the course for the entire original event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, damn. That's gonna be rough.
    If Slott makes Annie kill one of her parents, that'll be worse. He could find it safer to torment his own creations than put Mayday, Benjy and their father through what happened in Spider-Verse because they had a cult following and weren't his to really mess with. I hope we do see the MC2 family at full strength at last, with The Other now powering Mayday's dad, it'll be interesting to see how it factors into the story this time.