Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Maybe not but you don’t typically sideline the titular character in their own book.
    True, if that were to happen, it'd probably demonstrate that 'End of Spider-Verse' was intended as a mini like Spider-Geddon that got fully absorbed into the decision to give Slott a new book

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I wouldn't say a male Carlie. Just a sign that Marvel doesn't care about Carlie that they have another character using the name Cooper (although for their given name in this case instead of their surname). You never saw a major Spider-Man character with the given name of "Stacy."
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So a male Carlie? Will the shilling ever stop?
    I don't think those things went into consideration, it deem that they want Web Weaver to be his own character, hence the name and costume that already have made him distinct, it will give the character a better chance of being used more because it not simply a variant of other characters.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    True, if that were to happen, it'd probably demonstrate that 'End of Spider-Verse' was intended as a mini like Spider-Geddon that got fully absorbed into the decision to give Slott a new book
    It does seem odd that this story that could easily just be a event for Marvel is just a story in a monthly book. But with Dark Web on the horizon and jugment day going on, maybe Marvel felt there would a over saturation of events occuring..

Astonishing Member

The comic book store owner with the early YouTube reviews is out with this week's video. Slott's book is discussed around 8:28.

spoilers:
    Review is a bit garbled - he stops and starts a lot, apparently he was up late filling orders. Sorry, doesn't look like Paul bites it. Instead, Morlun now calls himself Spidey's partner, although of course Peter fights him and starts to lose. Noir appears and stabs Spider-Woman in the gut but it doesn't kill her, just eradicates her from the Web of Life (that's probably why "end of Spider-Verse" - Web of Life will probably be no more but inevitably a new one will be created. Sigh.). Last page is the arrival of more corrupt spiders, from Spider-Punk to Spider-Gwen to....Mayday Parker, because of course, it's the same ol' Slott. Just in case you thought Slott might have reflected and learned anything in the last few years, but old dogs new tricks etc.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 10-02-2022 at 02:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    The comic book store owner with the early YouTube reviews is out with this week's video. Slott's book is discussed around 8:28.

spoilers:
    Review is a bit garbled - he stops and starts a lot, apparently he was up late filling orders. Sorry, doesn't look like Paul bites it. Instead, Morlun now calls himself Spidey's partner, although of course Peter fights him and starts to lose. Noir appears and stabs Spider-Woman in the gut but it doesn't kill her, just eradicates her from the Web of Life (that's probably why "end of Spider-Verse" - Web of Life will probably be no more but inevitably a new one will be created. Sigh.). Last page is the arrival of more corrupt spiders, from Spider-Punk to Spider-Gwen to....Mayday Parker, because of course, it's the same ol' Slott. Just in case you thought Slott might have reflected and learned anything in the last few years, but old dogs new tricks etc.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So this is Slott's angst against Sony and their Madame Webb Movie?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    So I Guess No Death of Paul?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Hasn't the Web been destroyed in every Spiderverse tale besides the 2019 mini?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    spoilers:
    Hasn't the Web been destroyed in every Spiderverse tale besides the 2019 mini?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yup. Though it’s really gonna suck if Julia was finally brought into this only for the web to get destroyed which, I’m pretty sure would cause her to lose her clairvoyance again. Course with even Mayday and Gwen infected, we’ve kinda lost some of the feeling that this can’t be fixed especially since Gwen is kinda a major spider in the Spider-family. They showed their hand too soon.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 10-02-2022 at 04:05 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    From my memory, the implications of Jessica literally only having Peter's memories and none of her own were never explored that much (considering that, from her perspective, she'd been Peter for the first fifteen years of her life then woke up as a girl). The closest I recall was in one of the Miles issues where she admitted that her sense of self-worth and humanity were pretty badly eroded due to the circumstances of her origins (as in literally thinking she wasn't a real person). I think there was a comment down the line that the memories that had been copied over from Peter had begun to fade and jumble over time, although I don't recall there ever being any comment if that helped her think of herself as being her own person or not. It was indicated a few times that Jessica had unrequited feelings for Kitty Pryde, which were probably originally inherited from Peter, but that did give her a distinction, given that Mary Jane was the love of Peter's life. (Suppose it could be possible that Jessica had also gotten the same feelings for Mary Jane, but didn't say anything out of respect for Peter, but there's never any indication that Jessica did feel anything for her.)

Suppose that would depend on whether or not you consider her just having a copy of Peter's memories to establish her mental identity or if the copying process would mean that she was a woman who was brainwashed to think they'd been living as a man, if that makes any sense.

All things considered, Ultimate Jessica seems to be one of the most underused characters in that branch of the comics.
    Indeed, she is, and good points there as well.

Honestly I wouldn't have even brought it up if it weren't for the fact that the Spider-Verse has done a terrible job with Queer representation that they are only now trying to correct. I made a whole thread about it once (and some people got mad because I didn't want to count Black Cat which really goes to show how badly Marvel have handled things).
    Yeah, that much is true.

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/1576507501931290626

Slott says Web-Weaver's name is "Cooper Coen." So much for my Male MJ theory, lol.
    Heh. Oh, well, then.

As for the revelations of how things will be going down in the opening salvo of End of the Spider-Verse . . . spoilers:
    I'm guessing the Shathra-corrupted Spider-Men and Women now have the ability to cut other Spider-Men and Women off from the Web of Life and Destiny, which might be the crux of Shathra's plot. By negating the spiritual/metaphysical bonds each of them has with the Web of Life and Destiny, she would be more easily able to replace the Web with her Great Nest encompassing the entire Marvel Multiverse and controlling everyone's destinies within it.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

spoilers:
    Depriving the Spiders of their mysticism is one way of 'normalising' Peter and the others again. As for Mayday, I wonder what happened to Benjy or MC2 Peter?
    end of spoilers

Kinda hard to shake the feeling that this story exists solely to create new spiders that they can make merchandise of. And the hope that Sony uses someone in a Spider-Verse film. Whether that's fair or not is up for debate.

Kinda hard to shake the feeling that this story exists solely to create new spiders that they can make merchandise of. And the hope that Sony uses someone in a Spider-Verse film. Whether that's fair or not is up for debate.
    Well, whether it is the intention or not, it has had results with both Peni and Gwen having been in the Spider-Verse film.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well, whether it is the intention or not, it has had results with both Peni and Gwen having been in the Spider-Verse film.
    And Punk looks like he'll be in the next movie. It's just that this comic event might be the Street Fighter III of Spider-Verse events where they focus too much on the new blood and leave behind some of the old characters that people love to their detriment.

(Then future Spider-Verse events will overcorrect. And Dan Slott can't fool me if he's going to come in and claim there will be no more Spider-Verse comics because this is the End of Spider-Verse or whatever. )
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 10-03-2022 at 07:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Apparently that comic retailer that does the early reviews that spoil us every sunday is kinda of homophobic complaining about Web-weaver and Male Silk kissing, Web-weaver didn't even lift the mask around his lips
    end of spoilers

And Punk looks like he'll be in the next movie. It's just that this comic event might be the Street Fighter III of Spider-Verse events where they focus too much on the new blood and leave behind some of the old characters that people love to their detriment.

(Then future Spider-Verse events will overcorrect. And Dan Slott can't fool me if he's going to come in and claim there will be no more Spider-Verse comics because this is the End of Spider-Verse or whatever. )
    Not that past Spider-Verse stories were known for their great use of characters...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Apparently that comic retailer that does the early reviews that spoil us every sunday is kinda of homophobic complaining about Web-weaver and Male Silk kissing, Web-weaver didn't even lift the mask around his lips
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's weird. I think the only other time I recall kissing through a mask is Black Cat kissing Spidey that way.
    end of spoilers