Page 44 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Sounds like fun, would be annoying if she was harder to unlock and turned out to be worse than regular Jessica lol.
    Well, in some specific situations regular Jessica worked better.... VERY limited ones. Part of it was that her attacks had different tags. As Kuurth some of her stuff was considered magic, cut as spiderwoman her basic melee action was tagged as unarmed. Which meant certain build ideas couldn't be used on both... but more importantly... effects that protect you from magic(Magic Warding was a pretty common one to see in PvP) will greatly diminish Kuurth's special effects.

But the special runic powers are a massive advantage... Rune of Ruin especially, if that gets used on you a lot of the time you'll just die. At any rate, Kuurth was nearly always better... nearly....

Incredible Member

Just got around to reading the first issue of this series and while everyone is talking about OOC things, all i'm thinking about and steaming about is the fact that Peter is in the middle of a busy Manhattan street without a goddamn mask in. this is 2022... everyone has had cellphones with cameras for how damn long in the Marvel Universe. Can Marvel stop this bullshit trope already? Either reveal the identity and leave it known or stop putting Peter in these positions where anyone can see his face and yet no knows who Spider-Man is. Its so boring now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Just got around to reading the first issue of this series and while everyone is talking about OOC things, all i'm thinking about and steaming about is the fact that Peter is in the middle of a busy Manhattan street without a goddamn mask in. this is 2022... everyone has had cellphones with cameras for how damn long in the Marvel Universe. Can Marvel stop this bullshit trope already? Either reveal the identity and leave it known or stop putting Peter in these positions where anyone can see his face and yet no knows who Spider-Man is. Its so boring now.
    Yeah, I hear you there, except they'd probably put that genie back in the bottle with yet another Faustian bargain or magic spell to make everyone forget.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not to mention S.H.I.E.L.D. probably knew his ID for a long time and somehow didn't provide it any of the times he was accused of criminal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Not to mention S.H.I.E.L.D. probably knew his ID for a long time and somehow didn't provide it any of the times he was accused of criminal activity.
    Nick Fury might well have, yeah.

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Poor Mayday, all the other corrupted Spider-Totems get to go toe to toe with the others and she's getting choked out, meanwhile Annie continues to grovel before Shathra...

Wonder what the second arc does to Spider-Man that hasn't been done in his 60 year history?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Poor Mayday, all the other corrupted Spider-Totems get to go toe to toe with the others and she's getting choked out, meanwhile Annie continues to grovel before Shathra...

Wonder what the second arc does to Spider-Man that hasn't been done in his 60 year history?
    What about a light hearted story where nothing bad happens? I think about Marvel Team Up 1 where you see Sandman with his mom ( and getting away) and Peter and Johnny enjoying Christmas? If we’ll written I think it would be a story most people would enjoy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

Slott’s treatment of Mayday is so utterly predictable.

As for the second arc, it’s no doubt something OCC that treats Peter like a rubber doll to be pulled and punched into what fanfiction concept Slott came up with when he was eight. Not having been done before in 60 years is a red flag because it means making Peter/Spidey do something that writers who understand characterization would not have him do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Slott’s treatment of Mayday is so utterly predictable.

As for the second arc, it’s no doubt something OCC that treats Peter like a rubber doll to be pulled and punched into what fanfiction concept Slott came up with when he was eight. Not having been done before in 60 years is a red flag because it means making Peter/Spidey do something that writers who understand characterization would not have him do.
    I have been very critical of Slott down through the years, but look at what we have in Amazing right now? An obvious comparison is Slott’s ASM 800 compared to Wells ASM 900. If he can deliver Ends Of Earth, Spider Island, RYV etc type stories > Silk, BND, Peter as Charlie Brown bad MJ type stories then it is worth giving him the satellite book. If not just wait until Wells is replaced.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-18-2022 at 07:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have been very critical of Slott down through the years, but look at what we have in Amazing right now? An obvious comparison is Slott’s ASM 800 compared to Wells ASM 900. If he can deliver Ends Of Earth, Spider Island, RYV etc type stories > Silk, BND, Peter as Charlie Brown bad MJ type stories then it is worth giving him the satellite book. If not just wait until Wells is replaced.
    The answer is to stop buying and talking about Spider-Man titles until editorial decides fresh, modern voices and not tired BND retreads who wore out their welcome long ago - or writers who are actual writers and not hacks - deserve the chance to take the character into the next 60 years. IMO.

This definitely feels like a Slott Spider-Verse story.

Night-Spider looks kind of off in the background there.

Fantastic Member

Could we see new alternate versions of Peter in the end of the spiderverse from any of the covers for issue 1?

BANNED

Solicitation for Issue Four

]DAN SLOTT (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A/C)
    Variant Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Classic Homage Variant Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    “The End of the Spider-Verse” rages on!
    Yes, that really happened last issue.
    The tremors will be felt until it all ends.
    That’s truly all we can say until you read #3.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99