Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, Also, MC2 was an alt-future where M-Day didn't happen. So you have Spider-Girl both fighting and working with a BUNCH of Mutants who.. are new characters. In this time Jubilee is still active in the X-People(previously called X-men), and still has the same powers she did prior to M-Day. So the MC2 X-stuff is in an interesting position too.
    To be fair, the point of divergence between MC2 and 616 was Peter (and Mary Jane) getting baby May back instead of Aunt May, so pretty much nothing post-DeFalco's run on Amazing would have happened in MC2.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To be fair, the point of divergence between MC2 and 616 was Peter (and Mary Jane) getting baby May back instead of Aunt May, so pretty much nothing post-DeFalco's run on Amazing would have happened in MC2.
    Quite true, and it made the world incredibly different O_O'

BANNED

DeFalco often threw a lot of shade at then-current Marvel events when MC2 was being published, he took a jab at Secret Invasion for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Quite true, and it made the world incredibly different O_O'
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    DeFalco often threw a lot of shade at then-current Marvel events when MC2 was being published, he took a jab at Secret Invasion for instance.
    Uh-huh. Funny enough, in his Amazing Spider-Girl relaunch, he did incorporate Anya "Arana" Corazon and even Maria Hill from the mid-2000s 616 comics, though given Arana was depicted in a somewhat more morally ambiguous light . . .

Fantastic Member

On one of the covers for spider man 1 there is Kaine as the Scarlet spider with a hoodie.

Would they really give Kaine a different look on a cover and not bring back for the story ARC?

It was said that Kaine probably won't be in 2023 but what about issues 2 and 3 which are in 2022?

BANNED

given Arana was depicted in a somewhat more morally ambiguous light . . .
    She was pulling a 'Superior Spider-Man' before Ock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    She was pulling a 'Superior Spider-Man' before Ock was.
    Oh yeah, tried to swap bodies with May and had to be stopped by Black Tarantula.

Incredible Member

Or even Insomniac Games' version of Peter.
    Insomniac Peter is absolutely the happy medium of the character so is the movie 616 Peter. Hell at this point any version is better than 616.

As for MC2, the Spider-girl stuff is great. I thought the rest of it was a little slap dash. No so much Fantastic Five, that felt about right, except for Herbie brain Mr.Fantastic. But a lot of the other characters were just strange pairings and creations like Darkdevil and the daughter of Wolverine and Elektra(where the hell did that one come from anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Insomniac Peter is absolutely the happy medium of the character so is the movie 616 Peter. Hell at this point any version is better than 616.

As for MC2, the Spider-girl stuff is great. I thought the rest of it was a little slap dash. No so much Fantastic Five, that felt about right, except for Herbie brain Mr.Fantastic. But a lot of the other characters were just strange pairings and creations like Darkdevil and the daughter of Wolverine and Elektra(where the hell did that one come from anyway)
    I thought it was Wolverine + Psylocke. Wild thing has psychic energy claws didn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    I thought it was Wolverine + Psylocke. Wild thing has psychic energy claws didn't she?
    she does but somehow Elektra is the mom
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

MC2's Mayday is a really beloved character, because it combines the best from Peter and Mary Jane in the same package. So, when I saw her life destroyed by the Inheritors, I definitely got mad; more even than with the whole "Superior Spider-Man". There was no way I (and all the Spider-Girl's fans) would have accepted this, and I turned to be right in the end. In the last issue, it was revealed that MJ and Mayday's boyfriend were still alive, and only Peter died. That was "the worst of the acceptable" scenarios, because I wsn't willing to accept they would let Mayday and her baby brother without anyone in the world.

Now, about the return of MC2's Peter as the Other, that's something that truly intrigates me and I want to know the whole story! I need to know if this ended up being something good like with 616's Peter or if it turned into something creepy like 616's Kaine.

And I know Mayday is not the only important character from MC2's, but you can't deny she's "the Heart" of her world. I mean, her whole collection came out of a "What If...?" around Spider-Man, after all. It's like Spider-Man 2099, as his whole reality came out from this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    she does but somehow Elektra is the mom
    Well, Wolverine is a "wild animal" that mates with any woman who can make him smile or bleed. Wild Thing inherited his father's mutant healing powers and animal instincts, but of course, she doesn't have an adamantium' skelleton. From her mother, it seems she inherited somekind of "psychic energy" product of the Hand's mysticism or something. Elektra trained her in combat, and Psylocke trained to channel her psychic energy, allowing her to form somekind of enegy claw which were modeled after Elektra's sais.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, Wolverine is a "wild animal" that mates with any woman who can make him smile or bleed. Wild Thing inherited his father's mutant healing powers and animal instincts, but of course, she doesn't have an adamantium' skelleton. From her mother, it seems she inherited somekind of "psychic energy" product of the Hand's mysticism or something. Elektra trained her in combat, and Psylocke trained to channel her psychic energy, allowing her to form somekind of enegy claw which were modeled after Elektra's sais.
    I don't really think that there should be correlation between a family's powers.

As a good example there's Magneto with Wanda and Pietro. Neither of them have powers that are related to magnetism. I see Wild Thing as sometjing like that, she has that animal but she also has her own unique powers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I don't really think that there should be correlation between a family's powers.

As a good example there's Magneto with Wanda and Pietro. Neither of them have powers that are related to magnetism. I see Wild Thing as sometjing like that, she has that animal but she also has her own unique powers.
    It was revealed during AXIS that Wanda and Pietro actually are not Magneto's kids. Polaris is her daughter and she DOES have magnetic powers like him.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post

To be somewhat fair to Darkdevil, he was Ben Reilly's son possessed by a portion of Zarathos (the demon half of Johnny Blaze's Ghost Rider) and Matt Murdock's spirit, the latter helping to keep the former in check and enabling Darkdevil to become a hero. Granted, that does all sound insane as f***, but it is a more direct connection to the legacy of the Clone Saga . . . even if it is disappointing that he never revealed himself properly to the Parkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

Back when the Maximoff twins were still (believed to be) Magneto's kids, I figured Quicksilver's super-speed could be a form of electromagnetic self-propulsion, like a human railgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It was revealed during AXIS that Wanda and Pietro actually are not Magneto's kids. Polaris is her daughter and she DOES have magnetic powers like him.
    That was "revealed" after like 40 żears that they've been Magneto's kids. And at this point, I'm pretty sure they'll be re-retconned into being family now that the whole rights issues are resolved.

Frankly, I even prefer that offspring mutants could have completely different powers than their parents. It ads more depth to how variable the x-gene can be.