Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Night-Spider" AKA Felicia with Spider-Powers. I mean, that Kris Anka design is stunning, but would Felicia with spider-powers be all that different? I guess if she ends up having to be forced to be a hero on her world despite being a thief.
    With the way she fights it really wouldn't be any different besides some more wall crawling.

Did anyone really want Kraven with Spider-Powers?
    I rolled my eyes at that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doesn't help that Venom also looks like Julia, because Peter actually based the black suit design on her's.
    Ever since the Donny Cates retcon from Venom's run where the spider is based in his dragon symbol, Spidey's costume being based on Julia's stopped making sense lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Bets on who bites it this time?
    Kaine, he's having it too good for the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I refuse to die until we get a mainline Spider-Boy (and a Batboy in the DC books).
    You'd better find a way to become immortal then .

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Mephisto shitting himself in fear at the prospect of a Peter MJ daughter finding their way into the mainline universe.
    Dude, it would be fucking hilarious if Mephisto did all of that nonsense to prevent Spidey and MJ from having a daughter to prevent his eventual defeat, only for it to turn out it'd be a daughter from another universe who randomly shows up and beats his ass LOL.

spoilers:
    Also Mayday secretly seething that Annie beat her to the punch to "becoming canon" so to speak :P
    end of spoilers
    At the very least Mayday went into 616 first, twice even .

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I was going to say I highly doubt a Parker kid will end up in 616, but Wells seems to be introducing children into the story left and right (what with the reveal in ASM #1 and having looked at the ASM #2 preview). On the other hand, Wells also likes to kill off children (a key plot point in Hellions was discovering dead babies and kids, plus Kwannon's daughter was destroyed for good - and we all know what happened in Shed), so...careful what one wishes for.
    I somehow did not realize this running gag Wells did, ****, like like Mark Millar and cannibalism, and incest....

Wonder if that means the rumors he is off FF are true? The upcoming FF issues of AXE: Judgment Day will be written by someone else.

Hope so. I’d love to start reading FF again.
    Cates' Venom run had the War of the Realms tie-in be written by someone else too, I think it just means Slott is busy with other stuff, so wouldn't put too much hope in using that as evidence.

I do think he's leaving though, just again, wouldn't use that as evidence.

I hope whoever the villains end up being are better than the Inheritors.
    Not a challenge, but then again it's a wonder Slott made the Morluns suck that bad, maybe we'll get something even worse.

(It's probably going to be the Inheritors again).
    Weren't they transformed into babies? What, are the Spiders gonna reach such a level of incompetence they can't defeat literal babies? And would that mean Spider-Ma'am is the mastermind? .

Also man, it's annoying that I left this place for two days 'cause nothing was going on, and then when I leave is when stuff happens lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-11-2022 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

No one said it was. I'm against conflating the two, in case it isn't clear.

But there are those who do take story criticism as a personal attack. I'm happy to pull out examples if you require.
    It's not really relevant to the conversation. Tendrin made a point about vitriol directed at comic book writers. You responded with what amounted to a "not all fans" and "they deserve it because the comics are bad".

You've since said that you weren't talking about the writers, in which case your responses were non-sequiturs, because Tendrin explicitly was talking about fan toxicity directed towards comics writers.

If someone is making a point about harassment or toxic behaviour, responses along the lines of "not all X" or "piece of entertainment is bad" are in poor taste.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I wonder if Slott will also write a Superior Spider-Man series next year since we'd be coming up on it's 10th anniversary?
    I hope so, even if it's just another Otto "out of time" story. Or an unaccounted for Elliot Tolliver clone.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The villain this time could be another Spider-Man, a la Spider-Carnage from the 90s animated series finale, who's been driven completely insane by a few too many losses and tragedies in his life, compounded by a pernicious influence further poisoning and twisting his already-unbalanced mind, and now he just wants to end his misery by ending everything in existence --- shredding the Web of Life and Destiny for good so that the Multiverse can collapse on itself and free him from his pain.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The villain this time could be another Spider-Man, a la Spider-Carnage from the 90s animated series finale, who's been driven completely insane by a few too many losses and tragedies in his life, compounded by a pernicious influence further poisoning and twisting his already-unbalanced mind, and now he just wants to end his misery by ending everything in existence --- shredding the Web of Life and Destiny for good so that the Multiverse can collapse on itself and free him from his pain.
    I think that'd be repeating what the 90's cartoon did too much if they did all of that, plus nowadays evil counterparts of characters are overdone and even Spidey had a few, so maybe it shouldn't be another evil Spidey.

That's just for me though, don't really care about expendable evil counterparts, but hey, if he gets an evil counterpart that can be like Maker is to Reed, then it could be fun, but I doubt that's happening, Maker is an exception, not a rule, and he has his own annoying issues as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Tendrin made a point about vitriol directed at comic book writers
    You are purposefully twisting what I said. KevinRoc understood what I meant. I then clarified my original post in a response to KevinRoc before you decided to jump in and play tone police. I then continued to clarify that the definiton of what is "vitriol" is in the eyes of the beholder, with some creatives reacting to criticism of the story as if were personal. I am very happy to relitigate a certain author's behavior with you, but I'm pretty sure you don't want that...

It's not really relevant to the conversation.
    Absolutely agree that wasn't really relevant to the thread. So on my part, this conversation is now closed. Feel free to have the last word if you must insist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think that'd be repeating what the 90's cartoon did too much if they did all of that, plus nowadays evil counterparts of characters are overdone and even Spidey had a few, so maybe it shouldn't be another evil Spidey.

That's just for me though, don't really care about expendable evil counterparts, but hey, if he gets an evil counterpart that can be like Maker is to Reed, then it could be fun, but I doubt that's happening, Maker is an exception, not a rule, and he has his own annoying issues as well.
    But....isn't Peter's evil counterpart now supposed to be....CHASM?!!!??!!!?!

(ducks and runs)
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-11-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    All you have to do is point to Ben Reilly these days. You know what was not a popular status quo? Evil Ben Reilly. You know how the last Spider-Man arc ended? Evil Ben Reilly (again).

You can argue that a lot of fans take their frustrations into unacceptable behavior (this is true), but let's not ignore that Marvel often makes terrible decisions that have already proven unpopular.
    Sounds more like an "evolve or die" situation; Ben was made to replace Peter as the "one true Spider-Man." As we learned, Peter is too engrained for that to happen. Miles also has the market cornered for the "other" Spider-Man. Ben is literally a character without a purpose or place in the franchise anymore. Him becoming a Spider that broke bad gives him that. I get the pain (lot of my favorite comic book characters are legacies that get screwed over more often than not), but there is logic to the decision.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

But....isn't Peter's evil counterpart now supposed to be....CHASM?!!!??!!!?!

(ducks and runs)
    I'll be honest with you, I somehow forgot about Chasm when I made that post lol.

Either way, I did consider that he could be the story's main villain briefly at first, but I wouldn't expect Ben to do much here, or even show up, since he's now teaming up with a clone from the X-Men's who also became evil because of Marvel's stupid decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sounds more like an "evolve or die" situation; Ben was made to replace Peter as the "one true Spider-Man." As we learned, Peter is too engrained for that to happen. Miles also has the market cornered for the "other" Spider-Man. Ben is literally a character without a purpose or place in the franchise anymore. Him becoming a Spider that broke bad gives him that. I get the pain (lot of my favorite comic book characters are legacies that get screwed over more often than not), but there is logic to the decision.
    If they can rework Kaine from an generic 90's douchebag to more of a generic anti-hero with a potty mouth, there's no excuses for Ben to be this mistreated, specially since Marvel has to know that him being evil is not liked.

His original role was a childish idea of trying to get him to replace Spidey because "muh single Spidah-Man", but original intent of a character hardly means they're supposed to be that way, since Miles wasn't meant to be just another Spider in 616, he was a legacy hero to Spider-Man in his own world, and if Marvel disrespected him as much as they disrespect Ben, then they would've made him a villain because there's no place for him in the franchise.

So it's not "evolve or die", it's "Last time we tried to fit a square through a circle shape, and it didn't work, so let's try it again!".
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-11-2022 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    See the problem is that the spider franchise continues to make that thought process look even more stupid with time. How can one say that Ben is where you draw the line of lack of direction and then have over half a dozen other spiders, with events like this introducing even more spiders. You can’t have it both ways. And the prospect of simply because Ben can’t replace Peter that he has to become evil is just lazy and speaks volumes of creative bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Kaine, he's having it too good for the last years.
    By virtue of staying out of all this nonsense.

By virtue of staying out of all this nonsense.

Astonishing Member

Looks like Miles and Spider-Gwen will be going back to their own universe. A real shame that the spider-verse was not flushed out in the proper manner in terms of story telling.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I hope whoever the villains end up being are better than the Inheritors.

(It's probably going to be the Inheritors again).
    Probably a "Super Inheritor." Like their god or Solus' father or something. All the powers of the other Inheritors and more!!! Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/KylerClodfelter/...35535292506115

Is this official?

Peter and Felicia's Son

I need all the SpiderCat I can get so YES PLEASE

Just hopefully not written by Dan Slott
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-12-2022 at 01:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Sorry to dash hopes, but it’s a fan design.