Page 7 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Sorry to dash hopes, but it’s a fan design.
    Thanks, I hope we do get smth like this one day

I was notified by the artists as well

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://twitter.com/KylerClodfelter/...35535292506115

Is this official?

Peter and Felicia's Son

I need all the SpiderCat I can get so YES PLEASE

Just hopefully not written by Dan Slott
    I am hoping that Peter and Felicia have a daughter as well. .

It's only fitting that Slott created the Spider-vise that was so lackluster the first time around. I am happy that Marvel asked him to bring it to a close. I consider the Spider-verse as Dan Slott's baby from cradle to grave.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-12-2022 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I am hoping that Peter and Felicia have a daughter as well. .

It's only fitting that Slott created the Spider-vise that was so lackluster the first time around. I am happy that Marvel asked him to bring it to a close. I consider the Spider-verse as Dan Slott's baby from cradle to grave.
    John Semper Jr is the true father of the Spider-Verse concept. Slott only 'modernized' it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    John Semper Jr is the true father of the Spider-Verse concept. Slott only 'modernized' it.
    Indeed.

Spider-Men.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Yes, indeed. And this was also where I got the idea to make the final Spider-Verse villain a "Spider-Man gone wrong/astray" a la animated Spider-Carnage. Would be a rather poignant close to the Spider-Verse saga, that it was a Spider-Man who went so very wrong that was the one to end it all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Probably a "Super Inheritor." Like their god or Solus' father or something. All the powers of the other Inheritors and more!!! Lol.
    And then he'll be defeated in one page by... Uh, the Web Unmaker that was just made up in the story just to defeat this guy.

Also "Super Inheritor" made me imagine a Morlun dressed like Superman lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And then he'll be defeated in one page by... Uh, the Web Unmaker that was just made up in the story just to defeat this guy.

Also "Super Inheritor" made me imagine a Morlun dressed like Superman lol.
    Or Morlun goes blond and becomes the Inheritor equivalent of a Super Saiyan from Dragon Ball Z.

If they can rework Kaine from an generic 90's douchebag to more of a generic anti-hero with a potty mouth, there's no excuses for Ben to be this mistreated, specially since Marvel has to know that him being evil is not liked.

His original role was a childish idea of trying to get him to replace Spidey because "muh single Spidah-Man", but original intent of a character hardly means they're supposed to be that way, since Miles wasn't meant to be just another Spider in 616, he was a legacy hero to Spider-Man in his own world, and if Marvel disrespected him as much as they disrespect Ben, then they would've made him a villain because there's no place for him in the franchise.

So it's not "evolve or die", it's "Last time we tried to fit a square through a circle shape, and it didn't work, so let's try it again!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    See the problem is that the spider franchise continues to make that thought process look even more stupid with time. How can one say that Ben is where you draw the line of lack of direction and then have over half a dozen other spiders, with events like this introducing even more spiders. You can’t have it both ways. And the prospect of simply because Ben can’t replace Peter that he has to become evil is just lazy and speaks volumes of creative bankruptcy.
    Or maybe Ben just doesn't have a place in the franchise anymore. Marvel hasn't exactly been successful at transitioning him from "the one true Spider-Man" mistake that he was created to be and he's certainly not become the icon that other Spiders, like Miles and Spider-Gwen, are (maybe even Mayday). I get that he's a cult character and all, but, given that Marvel is retuning to evil Ben, maybe there's a reason for that. It's at least worth considering; just because we like something doesn't mean it's the future of the franchise.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Or maybe Ben just doesn't have a place in the franchise anymore. Marvel hasn't exactly been successful at transitioning him from "the one true Spider-Man" mistake that he was created to be and he's certainly not become the icon that other Spiders, like Miles and Spider-Gwen, are (maybe even Mayday). I get that he's a cult character and all, but, given that Marvel is retuning to evil Ben, maybe there's a reason for that. It's at least worth considering; just because we like something doesn't mean it's the future of the franchise.
    I've said it before, but this argument just doesn't do shit for me, sorry. The only reason they think Ben doesn't have a place anymore is because they keep thinking in extremes. They think he can either be "Spider-Man but blonde" or "The Anti-Spider-Man" when both extremes show a superficial understanding of the character at best. Ben is more, has been more, and can be more than just the other Peter Parker. He can be different without being a villain, he can have his own character traits and quirks and interests and all that stuff, hell he already has some. They could just add to that, they just couldn't be fucking bothered to try because that 1. Requires too much effort. 2. Makes too much sense. And 3. Means that they'd have to actually respect the character and his fanbase. You're telling me that you have a character who's a clone of another guy and spent his life on the road for literal years, and you can't tell stories showing how that shaped him into a different person than the one he was based on? Bullshit. You know how I know that? Because DeMatteis in the current BR:SM book has done more to show what makes Ben unique and loved by his fanbase than the entire Beyond board did in 19 issues. He only "doesn't have a place" because they aren't talented enough to give him one.
    Fuck, despite all this I'm honestly on the side that they don't even have to fucking use him at all. If they seriously believe Ben serves no purpose and that he should kill himself now or whatever, fine, leave him be then. You still want to introduce "cHAsM" or whatever? Make a completely new character. Don't fuck over a character people love because you can't be bothered to give him even a fucking second of thought and care put into his story. That's not only disrespecting the character, but disrespecting his fanbase, and that's not okay imo. I don't care if he's just a B or C list character, this is a medium where even the smallest character has a passionate and dedicated fanbase. They should treat all their characters better and let them keep their goddamn dignity.
    Again, I apologize, I didn't intend to vent my frustrations on you like this, but it's just extremely frustrating. I hope this didn't come off too harsh or anything. Have a good day

BANNED

Or maybe Ben just doesn't have a place in the franchise anymore.
    That's Ben's whole premise. He has no place, and strives to find it. Marvel took that to mean he has no figurative place when the concept is there to sell him as a challenge to writers

given that Marvel is retuning to evil Ben, maybe there's a reason for that.
    Yes, the reason is creative bankruptcy and a company admitting they have no confidence in themselves to tell a very simple story.

“If you ask me, it’s madness,” Slott waxed enthusiastic. “Why would they do this? WHY? They could’ve milked this spider-cash-cow for decades.
    Gotta love Slott for acting like we live in an AU where Death of Superman and its various inferior rip-offs did not happen.

Marvel being incompetent when handling his character is not an excuse to the ridiculous amount of disrespect he gets.

Hell, if we use selective poor handling of characters as evidence for "the character doesn't work", then it means we should pick MJ, and throw her in the trash can right? She doesn't work if we only look at her bad moments too.

I don't really care about Ben, I find him to be a whatever derivative character from Spidey, but saying he has no place in the franchise because Marvel uses him poorly is a questionable point to make.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    He only "doesn't have a place" because they aren't talented enough to give him one.
    I doubt it's even that, lack of talent to do something implies that there might be an honest attempt to do something good, but failing, this is Marvel either being indifferent about him or having contempt, and that can be far more damaging.

Fuck, despite all this I'm honestly on the side that they don't even have to fucking use him at all. If they seriously believe Ben serves no purpose and that he should kill himself now or whatever, fine, leave him be then. You still want to introduce "cHAsM" or whatever? Make a completely new character.
    Or they could just make Spidercide adopt a less 90's edgy name and go for that lol.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Or Morlun goes blond and becomes the Inheritor equivalent of a Super Saiyan from Dragon Ball Z.
    Why not? Maybe Dad-Morlun was that race's Super Inheritor and that's why his hair is white .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-13-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Marvel being incompetent when handling his character is not an excuse to the ridiculous amount of disrespect he gets.

Hell, if we use selective poor handling of characters as evidence for "the character doesn't work", then it means we should pick MJ, and throw her in the trash can right? She doesn't work if we only look at her bad moments too.

I don't really care about Ben, I find him to be a whatever derivative character from Spidey, but saying he has no place in the franchise because Marvel uses him poorly is a questionable point to make.

I doubt it's even that, lack of talent to do something implies that there might be an honest attempt to do something good, but failing, this is Marvel either being indifferent about him or having contempt, and that can be far more damaging.

Or they could just make Spidercide adopt a less 90's edgy name and go for that lol.

Edit:

Why not? Maybe Dad-Morlun was that race's Super Inheritor and that's why his hair is white .
    So . . . Solus had (Autonomous) Ultra Instinct and that was why he was so powerful compared to his children?

Astonishing Member

I think that Ben Reaily should be sent to the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So . . . Solus had (Autonomous) Ultra Instinct and that was why he was so powerful compared to his children?
    Some lousy Ultra Instinct that is considering his method of fighting is "tank everything until I get close enough to eat" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Ben Reaily should be sent to the X-Men: Age of Apocalypse timeline.
    Is that what we call limbo now? .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 05-14-2022 at 11:28 AM.