Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1216
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of got triggered when I saw that OsCorp badge in the preview art.
    A trigger is something that brings back memories and symptoms of deeply traumatic experiences, such as war or rape. I think you're using the term frivolously.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    A trigger is something that brings back memories and symptoms of deeply traumatic experiences, such as war or rape. I think you're using the term frivolously.
    Yes d. Lee. I think that's the definition from the America thesaurus lol

Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/28/ma...-spider-man-8/

I sympathize and understand with the woman taking her grief out on Spider-man of course.
    Last edited by Rzerox21xx; 04-28-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

I sympathize and understand with the woman taking her grief out on Spider-man of course.
    can't save everyone it is what it is
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    can't save everyone it is what it is
    Yeah' I'm sure its gonna tear Peter apart. there's a saying in a Spider-fan I forgot, Peter is not gonna remember all the people he saved but he rarely forgets the people he couldn't.

I mean, he was carrying like a dozen people, if he'd known someone else was still in there he would've gone back in.

But still better character drama than what we're getting in ASM.

Spectacular Member

Better term: Squick.
    A trigger is something that triggers memories of traumatic events, anxiety, relapse, or other forms of distress or disruption. Triggers are tied to trauma, neurodivergence, and mental illness.

A squick is something that causes discomfort or disgust but is not as intense or severe as a trigger and is not necessarily tied to trauma, neurodivergence, or mental illness.

Triggers and squicks can sometimes be difficult to differentiate between, but please try to be mindful when labeling something as a trigger. Experiencing discomfort is not necessarily the same thing as being triggered, and watering down the definition of triggers can further stigma and misunderstandings about what they are.
    Peter working for Oscorp squicks me out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    A Trigger memory does not necessarily need to be something negative like war. You could walk down the street and see a woman and her looks reminds you of a girl in High School or College. Another example: I saw a movie called Most Dangerous Game and the villain ( Russian Count Zaroff who hunts humans like animals) immediately reminded me of Kraven ( I could easily picture Ditko seeing that movie and it inspired him to create Kraven). It also reminded me of King Kong because of the set and the female lead ( Fay Wray). Sure enough I looked into it, and read she made this movie when she did King Kong. How? King Kong was filmed in the day and Most Dangerous Game at night.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-01-2023 at 02:40 AM.

so peter attempts to power up his spider-sense turns out to be very bad for him. although the concept is interesting tapping into other people spider-sense. Well Spider-boy plans on fixing this wonder how thats going to go. Also his power is interesting as well being able to see into the events that Peter has done earlier
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    so peter attempts to power up his spider-sense turns out to be very bad for him. although the concept is interesting tapping into other people spider-sense. Well Spider-boy plans on fixing this wonder how thats going to go. Also his power is interesting as well being able to see into the events that Peter has done earlier
    And he used what was left of Spiders-Man to power up his spider-sense . . . which wouldn't have been so bad without Electro's interference, though it would give credence to the theory that his spider-sense was at least partially a neuroelectric phenomenon.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, he was carrying like a dozen people, if he'd known someone else was still in there he would've gone back in.

But still better character drama than what we're getting in ASM.
    Unfortunately, we're back to Peter acting incredibly stupid and naive. I get that Peter is flawed but he's been at this long enough to know you can't save everyone and we've already done the whole "nobody dies" thing. It doesn't make Peter seem heroic, it makes him dumb and annoying.

Also, him immediately doing reckless experiments and manipulating Osborn is wildly shitty and irresponsible (and potentially dangerous) on Peter's part. I had kind of forgotten how irritating and unlikable Slott's Peter is. He speaks and acts like he's still 15.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

"People get that wrong all the time."

"GERRY!"

Are there a lot of moments in these comics that just feel like the writer is talking from behind the curtain?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Unfortunately, we're back to Peter acting incredibly stupid and naive. I get that Peter is flawed but he's been at this long enough to know you can't save everyone and we've already done the whole "nobody dies" thing. It doesn't make Peter seem heroic, it makes him dumb and annoying.

Also, him immediately doing reckless experiments and manipulating Osborn is wildly shitty and irresponsible (and potentially dangerous) on Peter's part. I had kind of forgotten how irritating and unlikable Slott's Peter is. He speaks and acts like he's still 15.
    Can't say I'm surprised.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Latest issue was pretty interesting, seems like Peter has relapsed into his “nobody dies” phase after not being able to save a man in a burning building, seems like he’s going to have to make the hard choice to turn the advanced Spider-sense off unless he never wants to have a moment to be free ever again

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Not a bad issue at all - it's threaded ground by the same author, but Bags is on art duty now. And since he doesn't have to draw 300 Spider-people by the issue's end, his art is back to being a delight.

Bailey felt kinda tacked in there - we're not going to forget his introduction so soon, so IMO, a single segment showing he's still around and trying to find Pete would've sufficed. Overall, feels like a solid start for an arc. (Also, from all the people I know who read Spidey, a lot of them said "this is a whole lot better than ASM, it should be the main book!")
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.