Page 8 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Or maybe Ben just doesn't have a place in the franchise anymore. Marvel hasn't exactly been successful at transitioning him from "the one true Spider-Man" mistake that he was created to be and he's certainly not become the icon that other Spiders, like Miles and Spider-Gwen, are (maybe even Mayday). I get that he's a cult character and all, but, given that Marvel is retuning to evil Ben, maybe there's a reason for that. It's at least worth considering; just because we like something doesn't mean it's the future of the franchise.
    Spider-Gwen is NOT an icon, like Peter or Miles ( she is not even on the popularity level of Felicia ( let alone those two or MJ)) . As for Ben, the idea of turning him into a villain is a bad one. What should have been done with him? Send him away from Peter. It could have been another State or even universe, but Marvel decided to make him worse then ever. Why is it a mistake? If for no other reason, Ben will never reach the iconic bad guy level of Cletus or Mysterio (let alone Otto or Norman).

Astonishing Member

Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider is more popular than Black Cat. Ever since her debut she's had more comics, merchandise and TV and movie appearances than Black Cat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider is more popular than Black Cat. Ever since her debut she's had more comics, merchandise and TV and movie appearances than Black Cat.
    Of course she has had more comics ( her run lasted longer then Felicia). But as far as merchandise is concerned, I only see two Spider characters selling (3 if you want to include Venom), they are Peter and Miles. I also believe that if Marvel had confidence in Ghost Spider, they would keep original Gwen dead and buried instead of always bringing her back, which will confuse newer readers. The funny thing is: I never considered Original Gwen a boring character and not a great love interest. Obviously I prefer MJ, but Felicia and even Carlie are more interesting as are two others who popped up in Amazing ( although not Peter love interests: Anna Maria and Janine).

Actually, Black Cat's game and comic appearances surpass that of Spider-Gwen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actually, Black Cat's game and comic appearances surpass that of Spider-Gwen.
    I could have phrased that better: Ever since her debut she's had more comics, merchandise and appearances in TV and movies than Black Cat.

Spider-Gwen has headlined more comics than Black Cat.

Since Spider-Gwen's debut in 2014, Black Cat has had the 12-issue 2019 series, the 10-issue 2020 series, 2 Annuals and the Infinity Score special. 25 issues in total. 26 if you add the Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond special.

Spider-Gwen has had her debut in Edge of Spider-Verse #2, the 5-issue first series, 34-issue second series, 1 Annual, the 10-issue Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, the 10-issue Ghost-Spider, the 3-issue Gwenom vs Carnage mini-series and the currently running 5-issue Spider-Gwen: Gwenverse mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Of course she has had more comics ( her run lasted longer then Felicia).
    Yes. That's what I'm saying. In recent years there have been significantly more Spider-Gwen comics than Black Cat comics.

But as far as merchandise is concerned, I only see two Spider characters selling (3 if you want to include Venom), they are Peter and Miles.
    I'm not disputing that Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Venom are more popular than Spider-Gwen. I'm disputing your claim that Black Cat is more popular than Spider-Gwen. I see more Spider-Gwen toys and merchandise than I do Black Cat. This trend is almost certain to continue with the release of the upcoming Across the Spider-Verse movies.

BANNED

I could have phrased that better: Ever since her debut she's had more comics, merchandise and appearances in TV and movies than Black Cat.

Spider-Gwen has headlined more comics than Black Cat.

Since Spider-Gwen's debut in 2014, Black Cat has had the 12-issue 2019 series, the 10-issue 2020 series, 2 Annuals and the Infinity Score special. 25 issues in total. 26 if you add the Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond special.

Spider-Gwen has had her debut in Edge of Spider-Verse #2, the 5-issue first series, 34-issue second series, 1 Annual, the 10-issue Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, the 10-issue Ghost-Spider, the 3-issue Gwenom vs Carnage mini-series and the currently running 5-issue Spider-Gwen: Gwenverse mini-series.

Yes. That's what I'm saying. In recent years there have been significantly more Spider-Gwen comics than Black Cat comics.

I'm not disputing that Peter Parker, Miles Morales and Venom are more popular than Spider-Gwen. I'm disputing your claim that Black Cat is more popular than Spider-Gwen. I see more Spider-Gwen toys and merchandise than I do Black Cat. This trend is almost certain to continue with the release of the upcoming Across the Spider-Verse movies.
    Once again, Dan Slott is tearing this community apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Once again, Dan Slott is tearing this community apart.
    I don't think a discussion about who is more popular is really tearing the community apart, and if something like this is enough to do so, then it really doesn't take a lot of effort lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I don't think a discussion about who is more popular is really tearing the community apart, and if something like this is enough to do so, then it really doesn't take a lot of effort lol.
    I know. I was just kidding.

Spider-Gwen is NOT an icon, like Peter or Miles ( she is not even on the popularity level of Felicia ( let alone those two or MJ)) .
    We're living in a post-Into the Spiderverse world now.

As for Ben, the idea of turning him into a villain is a bad one. What should have been done with him? Send him away from Peter. It could have been another State or even universe, but Marvel decided to make him worse then ever. Why is it a mistake? If for no other reason, Ben will never reach the iconic bad guy level of Cletus or Mysterio (let alone Otto or Norman).
    Guess we'll see whether this stint as a villain works or not.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So . . . Solus had (Autonomous) Ultra Instinct and that was why he was so powerful compared to his children?
    Maybe Solus is the fusion between two already powerful Inheritors? Check for Potara earrings.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I'm curious about the Spider-Kraven. I feel like it could be Slott's take on Kraven's Last Hunt, and perhaps the spider-totem figured Kraven was a better Hunter than Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I'm curious about the Spider-Kraven. I feel like it could be Slott's take on Kraven's Last Hunt, and perhaps the spider-totem figured Kraven was a better Hunter than Peter.
    Superior Spider-Man was basically already Slott's take on KLH.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Maybe Solus is the fusion between two already powerful Inheritors? Check for Potara earrings.
    Hmm, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Uh-huh, though I'll cop to being more interested in Night-Spider, especially given that, from what I've read somewhere, Bill Mantlo, while he was writing Spectacular Spider-Man, did want or plan to give Felicia and Peter a kid, though that plan was kiboshed due to a morality clause of some sort where the character of Spider-Man was concerned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

We're living in a post-Into the Spiderverse world now.

We already saw an example of turning someone who is a hero or at worst an anti hero into a villain: It was called Queen Pin, and it is in many bottom feeder lists of Spider-Man comics.

I mean it failed last time, I'm not sure how it'll work now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    He doesn't have earrings, but we're thinking about this being too much like DB, so maybe it's another object that cause the fusion, like rings or whatever.

Or maybe he's not a fusion, perhaps Dad Morlun did the same time travel Karn did, and maybe Dad Morlun is actually Morlun all along after becoming super powerful somehow .

I mean, being a better hunter than Spidey ain't much of a challenge, he's not one lol.

If anything, if we remember Anya's early appearances, she was supposed to be the "Hunter", but that was gone once she left the Spider Society, now it's that chick Nina Smith chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Yeah, basically "What if KLH overstayed its welcome and everyone was an idiot?" Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then