Default Question About Getting Omnis and Trades Shipped

So, I've been ordering my collected editions online for a while now, and I've run into a worrisome issue. Normally, I'll order whatever trades, deluxe editions, or omnis and the like all in one go. Unfortunately, I've started to notice that any time I order lots of trades along with an omni, the trades will get damaged (often, the trades will just be stacked on top of the omni), with nicks and crimps on the corners of the paperbacks. So, what I'm wondering is, am I making a rookie mistake ordering very large hardcovers along with my smaller trades? Should I have them sent in separate orders to avoid undue damage to my items? Or am I just a victim of poor packaging? Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I noticed the same thing years ago, whenever I placed a large order of mixed format books; then decided I would order like-with-like. Hasn't really been a problem since.

Many customers would rather rage about dinged corners and blame the vendor, so kudos on your sense of awareness!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

I guess it depends on where you order from. Places like IST or Cheap-comics I'm not worried about mixing different formats cuz I know they will do a Great job with packaging.
    Regular bookstores though I tend to be more careful with.