Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #2 preview

Astonishing Member

Is anyone in Europe? It's after midnight on the continent, the digitial version is now available (but you need an European account to purchase from, say, Amazon).

Spectacular Member

Accept the vision: Oscorp design needs a newsboy cap.

Spider office really out here forgetting what's important.
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-24-2022 at 04:45 PM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Accept the vision: Oscorp design needs a newsboy cap.

Spider office really out here forgetting what's important.
    That mean you read it?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    ?
    Not yet. Sorry. Several posters commented about how they disliked the new costume on the Dark Web thread. The spider-glider legs seem to form a "vest", so the getup resembles Spider-punk without the spikes. The underlying problem is what garment symbolizes, not aesthetics. I commented that the outfit would be improved by a minor edit earlier and brought the art over here. I think a flat newsie would balance out the addition to the ensemble. It would reference both his years with a newspaper company and the goblin's...I'm going to call it a customized nissehue. We can't do anything about what the attire represents, but we can fix the suit design's bulkiness.
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-24-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Mighty Member

I think i got something Maybe Osborn did someting to spiidy so that everbody hates him plus Norman was acting nice for the ultimate revenge and that's why spidy is fling on a glider and booms or osborn brainwashed spiidy and that could be the reason nobody like him.but i think it HAS sometine to do whith normen What do youu think? I think Normen is just acting nice

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    nice
    Norman has an official reason for behaving himself, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wells retcons the last arc as part of some convoluted plan to do... something.

Well issue drops in an hour on Amazon so lets see who wants to give them money and then say if it's a good issue or the awful mess we've heard lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Was your source 4chan?
    Nope

That guy got his info from this very thread. Spiderfan has yet to answer my question on where he himself heard this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a770JGxKaNc&t=4071s

Here you go, I think this guy is a comic shop owner who does these early "reviews" w/ minimal spoilers

Astonishing Member

Yep, the rumors were spot on. I only skimmed it, but:

spoilers:
    Absolutely no mention of MJ. Cover lied, again.

It’s mostly gang war shenanigans, with Peter walking straight into a trap. Since Wells gives Tombstone far more personality than he does Peter plus Tombstone is way smarter, I’m rooting for the big galoot. We don’t see Peter babysitting, just get a superfluous recap phone call with Norman than adds nothing to the story but wastes a page of storytelling and also shows that Peter is pretty damn chummy with Norman despite his annoyance in the preview pages (which are the start of the book).

The gang war stuff is…fine…, but the overall mystery box remains tightly sealed with no forward progression that I saw - but again, I skimmed rather quickly so I might have missed something. I’d give the issue a 4 out of 10 - it’s pretty readable and if we hadn’t been baited and trolled by the cover and previous mystery box, I might have even gone aw high as 7 or 8. But the trolling drags it down. In fact, I better stop writing before I get even more annoyed by the bait and switch and ignoring the dangling plot threads.
    end of spoilers

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2
    ZEB WELLS (W) • JOHN ROMITA JR. (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY DERRICK CHEW
    VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    SPIDER-MAN VARIANT COVER BY NICOLETTA BALDARI
    • The best couple in comics is done?
    • You aren't going to believe what is happening in this volume of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

The solicit for posterity, but the cover may as well had been used for the #1 cover but that wouldn't be as sexy of a #1 would it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Yep, the rumors were spot on. I only skimmed it, but:

spoilers:
    Absolutely no mention of MJ. Cover lied, again.

It’s mostly gang war shenanigans, with Peter walking straight into a trap. Since Wells gives Tombstone far more personality than he does Peter plus Tombstone is way smarter, I’m rooting for the big galoot. We don’t see Peter babysitting, just get a superfluous recap phone call with Norman than adds nothing to the story but wastes a page of storytelling and also shows that Peter is pretty damn chummy with Norman despite his annoyance in the preview pages (which are the start of the book).

The gang war stuff is…fine…, but the overall mystery box remains tightly sealed with no forward progression that I saw - but again, I skimmed rather quickly so I might have missed something. I’d give the issue a 4 out of 10 - it’s pretty readable and if we hadn’t been baited and trolled by the cover and previous mystery box, I might have even gone aw high as 7 or 8. But the trolling drags it down. In fact, I better stop writing before I get even more annoyed by the bait and switch and ignoring the dangling plot threads.
    end of spoilers
    Can you give more details

Sounds disappointing asf

BANNED

How bad is it if you have to use bait like this to get people to read it. You're giving people more reason to not read and buy

Astonishing Member

This is a new Lowe for low

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    How bad is it if you have to use bait like this to get people to read it. You're giving people more reason to not read and buy
    The Bleeding Cool story is enough for me. I will wait until Deadly Neighborhood comes out.