Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #2 preview

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    issue
    Peter, we do not trauma dump on children. /j

I mainly suggested the other titles because it would mean MJ could get close to those protagonists on an emotional level, so she could theoretically bond with those protagonists and function as a three-dimensional supporting character that readers are familiar with and could enjoy without risking Peter's critically acclaimed bachelordom. /srs

You're right; screw the spider office! We should give MJ to Daredevil. Natchios and the carrottop conspirators confront civilization. /j

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Peter, we do not trauma dump on children. /j

I mainly suggested the other titles because it would mean MJ could get close to those protagonists on an emotional level, so she could theoretically bond with those protagonists and function as a three-dimensional supporting character that readers are familiar with and could enjoy without risking Peter's critically acclaimed bachelordom. /srs

You're right; screw the spider office! We should give MJ to Daredevil. Natchios and the carrottop conspirators confront civilization. /j
    Nah did you see what DD did w/ Black Cat?!

We've seen MJ move on w/ someone else for what the 5th time in 10 years now? At this point if Spider-office doesn't know what to do w/ her just keep her MIA rather than having a DD Black Cat F up or boring MJ in Iron Man who still berates and downplays Peter whenever they meet

Having MJ bond w/ other characters whether in the same or diff. franchise is a slap in the face when Spencer's run ended w/ the unbreakable stuff and the reason PeterMJ break up is him being a superhero.Don't need to see MJ being misused in other books where she has no connections anyways

Other books won't handle her well, that never works out and never has.If Spider-office can't then they should just write her off as acting until we get a half decent writer who realizes MJ's meant to be a core part of the ASM/ Spider-man mythos
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 05-23-2022 at 11:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

MJ isn't in this issue , don't think she's even mentioned

From 2 people who've read this issue
    Spiderfan

So is it confirmed that for an issue that specifically said we'll find out why. We don't hear anything about it and that she's not in the issue? Can you give a brief thing about what does happen? and is a letter page saying they have to remove them from the story because same reason as Ben or is it just please read why promise it's a good story?

or is it a forgettable issue using a fake solicit to get people to check out the issue?
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 05-24-2022 at 10:29 AM.

BANNED

The official cover for ASM#2 might as well be a variant at this point, with the real cover being that one with Peter and Osborn in costume

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Spiderfan

So is it confirmed that for an issue that specifically said we'll find out why. We don't hear anything about it and that she's not in the issue? Can you give a brief thing about what does happen? and is a letter page saying they have to remove them from the story because same reason as Ben or is it just please read why promise it's a good story?

or is it a forgettable issue using a fake solicit to get people to check out the issue?
    I haven't read it, I'm posting what 2 diff. people who have read the issue are saying

The preview for 2 does say "MJ... MJ has moved on from Peter"

And I'm hearing it's Norman centric w/ some tombstone

I haven't read it, I'm posting what 2 diff. people who have read the issue are saying

The preview for 2 does say "MJ... MJ has moved on from Peter"

And I'm hearing it's Norman centric w/ some tombstone
    So the only Mention of MJ is the preivew? But also means we'll find out soon since we were told we'll find out more in the future and so knowing that means we'll have a bunch of pissed off fans for thinking this will be an issue for answers

If so I'm thinking issue 7 issue with MJ then that will lead into issue spoilers:
    9 with Moria Jane
    end of spoilers

At least we know we'll be getting MJ and Peter in the future, but that just dumb lol with lying solicits

BANNED

Was your source 4chan?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Was your source 4chan?
    https://twitter.com/RDMacQ/status/15...9FJENHZJQ&s=19

So the 2nd issue is a .Bey/.HU issue for no reason. Thanks Nick lol

Really? I just...really?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really? I just...really?
    Look on the bright side we'll find out the MJ mystery box...just not right now, but eventually just like Peters

Look on the bright side we'll find out the MJ mystery box...just not right now, but eventually just like Peters
    I hope there's a letter page

BANNED

That guy got his info from this very thread. Spiderfan has yet to answer my question on where he himself heard this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    That guy got his info from this very thread. Spiderfan has yet to answer my question on where he himself heard this.
    Yeah Is this a lie to make us think it's something this is about something else or just hearsay

Yeah Is this a lie to make us think it's something this is about something else or just hearsay
    If MJ isn't in the issue there will be many an angry a people. Want to know how sad we should be tomorrow lmao
    Or was this to rial us up?
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 05-24-2022 at 02:39 PM.