Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: ASM #2 preview

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Given the editorial page in the last issue basically asked readers to give the new run a chance, I don't think Marvel doesn't care. There may be individuals who don't care about the relationship, but by and large it seems like the readership does.
    The relationship is iconic and sells. Issue will sell because people thought based off what they thought what we were getting. Don't think they'll buy more if they get another bait issue. Well less people will plus with bad word of mouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Thereupon, attributable to unknown mystery box double-dealing, Peter and MJ's relationship was abruptly discontinued. My remark isn't a scathing character appraisal. It's an observation regarding a regretful disconnect between readership's concerns and the spider hierarchy.
    There is no 'disconnect', the heriarchy know the readership cares for Peter and MJ and milks investment in it for all it's worth, that includes occasionally 'testing' or straining it, with the promise of further exploration instead of just ignoring it. Slott is also writing a story about them for the 60th anniversary, so there will be more Peter/MJ content either way, be it positive or negative.

This is their story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    The relationship is iconic and sells.
    I agree but drama sells too. Fans complain but that doesn't stop anyone from stringing along the readers without marrying the characters up. If Peter ever does successfully propose some terrible event will happen, MJ will leave him at the alter, or she'll be a clone. That is the extent of my faith in Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    There is no 'disconnect'
    As long as those in charge believe Spider-Man represents "Youth" there will always be a disconnect.
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-31-2022 at 01:10 PM.