Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: ASM #2 preview

yeah cover was bait
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

There was a letter page, but nothing about the book or character just interview and answer for a Marvel employee

They're gonna extend this mystery box crap for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's 2 technically 2 mystery boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I don't care. Just tell me when this crap run is over.

Astonishing Member

I think there's like 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    yup hulk new run has a mystery box and its just now starting to get revealed 7 issues in
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Terrible issue

Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Terrible issue

Sigh
    Is it just because the MJ part? I heard the Spider-man action was decent and Tombstone was the higlight?

Extraordinary Member

Is it just because the MJ part? I heard the Spider-man action was decent and Tombstone was the higlight?
    In part

I think Peter's written a bit too stupid and weak but Wells did write a weaker Peter even way back when

Tombstone was the highlight Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    In part

I think Peter's written a bit too stupid and weak but Wells did write a weaker Peter even way back when

Tombstone was the highlight Yeah
    My problem will be after the gang war. Which it's pretty hard to write a bad one if you have a good enough villain but where it goes next. If the next arc after 900 starts to falter and nothing plot wise happens this will get ugly quickly

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Disappointed that there wasn't more interaction between Peter and Norman. I feel like the next arc which has Spidey using Osborn tech might cover this, if it's not a flashback story explaining why Peter needed Norman's help. On the other hand, this is the first time I've felt interested in Tombstone as a character, and I'm curious in seeing how this gang war plays out.

I am loving this run so far. I check up on spidey once and awhile but i read issue 1 today and i am loving this. It feels like the sunday comic strip but longer and JrJr art on number one was very strong. The scene of Tombstone coming out and then the cat safe in his arms was beautifully done. Loved that we are seeing Peter's life and it makes sense why he is broke. While i'm a MJ fan first this is hitting the cylinders for me on what i like about peter and i'm definitely in.
    This feels like a House of X sort of shift for spider man for me. Even the possible MJ as a mom twist i like because peter is clearly longing for her and if he was never ready to make that next shift to be a dad or a married man or rather marvel wasn't he now has to evolve to be that if MJ is to ever be a candidate and i'm okay with that. I'm interested to see where the story goes and i'm all in.

And i can't say enough about JRJR this is the synergy of talent and technique.

Some of my favorite pages.
    amazingspidey100.jpg
    amazingspidey200.jpg
    amazingspidey201.jpg

Really looking forward to issue three. Lets go!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I am loving this run so far. I check up on spidey once and awhile but i read issue 1 today and i am loving this. It feels like the sunday comic strip but longer and JrJr art on number one was very strong. The scene of Tombstone coming out and then the cat safe in his arms was beautifully done. Loved that we are seeing Peter's life and it makes sense why he is broke. While i'm a MJ fan first this is hitting the cylinders for me on what i like about peter and i'm definitely in.
    This feels like a House of X sort of shift for spider man for me. Even the possible MJ as a mom twist i like because peter is clearly longing for her and if he was never ready to make that next shift to be a dad or a married man or rather marvel wasn't he now has to evolve to be that if MJ is to ever be a candidate and i'm okay with that. I'm interested to see where the story goes and i'm all in.

And i can't say enough about JRJR this is the synergy of talent and technique.

Some of my favorite pages.
    amazingspidey100.jpg
    amazingspidey200.jpg
    amazingspidey201.jpg

Really looking forward to issue three. Lets go!
    Um he is and has proven he can the best dad over and over again. Look at the many AU's that's proven that. His being a dad would be the capstone of responsibility. The MJ mom thing will be resolved and either be a fake out or something out there entirly if you believe in the house of x stuff which pulls nonsense out of nowhere. Hellions dealt with clones they didn't even survive so it's gonna be crazy story but not one that needs to be dragged out

I did not care for the art.
    2024: The Year of Hellion