Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #2 preview

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Honestly looking forward to it. Your song parody, that is.
    Damn. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aEgwPanFPWU
    There's been some impressive zingers but this has got to be the biggest roast on the current Spider-Man in this entire thread. /lh
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-23-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    that could be it but i suspect more
    end of spoilers
    Most likely, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Damn. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aEgwPanFPWU
    There's been some impressive zingers but this has got to be the biggest roast on the current Spider-Man in this entire thread.
    Really?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Really?
    Ugh. I forgot tone indicators. Sorry. I was being lighthearted. I'll usually only make a stab at parody song rewrites if I'm feeling negative. So if I post anything for Ben, it'll be due to a need to quickly burn off frustration with a silly project no one will take seriously. Writing another parody in the future will mean Ben is doomed. Hooligan who teams up with diabolical red heads to commit mailbox vandalism with an Inferno reprise is a bad look already.

Astonishing Member

After what happened with issue 1 on the weekend before release, I'm surprised there hasn't been any leaks for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    After what happened with issue 1 on the weekend before release, I'm surprised there hasn't been any leaks for this one.
    Not as much demand for an #2 as an #1.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ugh. I forgot tone indicators. Sorry. I was being lighthearted. I'll usually only make a stab at parody song rewrites if I'm feeling negative. So if I post anything for Ben, it'll be due to a need to quickly burn off frustration with a silly project no one will take seriously. Writing another parody in the future will mean Ben is doomed. Hooligan who teams up with diabolical red heads to commit mailbox vandalism with an Inferno reprise is a bad look already.
    It's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Not as much demand for an #2 as an #1.
    Of course not.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I just realized the solicits for the Gwen Stacy issue say Nick Dragotta is drawing that issue, he's top tier.

Extraordinary Member

MJ isn't in this issue , don't think she's even mentioned

From 2 people who've read this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    MJ isn't in this issue , don't think she's even mentioned

From 2 people who've read this issue
    This issue was advertised as to why they've broken up this time.

What the hell is even going on in the Spider-Office, lol?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    MJ
    Does the issue benefit? MJ isn't to blame for the relationship staff has decided to use, but one appearance riled the entire board. I'd suggest Silk, Venom, or Miles should have her until the ASM staff plays nice, but someone in charge has made her the impetus for Spidey's involvement in the crossover. If Editorial needs Moira Mactaggert to "wear" MJ, they'll need her to be on the outs with Peter Parker so he doesn't look like a fool for not noticing his ex isn't herself.
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-23-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Does the issue benefit? It's not MJ's fault she's not written correctly, but one appearance riled the entire board. I'd suggest Silk, Venom, or Miles should have her until the ASM staff plays nice, but someone in charge has made her the impetus for Spidey's involvement in the crossover. If Editorial needs Moira Mactaggert to "wear" MJ, they'll need her to be on the outs with Peter Parker so he doesn't look like a fool for not noticing his ex isn't herself.
    Honestly, I'd question that if so. The decision for an X-Men event to have such power over Spider-Man's status quo during the character's 60th anniversary seems like it would be a poor one.

Spectacular Member

X-Men event
    I read Transformers, so I'm accustomed to outside influences like toy releases impacting the comics. When Editorial has openly admitted to phoning in plots for the writers to follow, the situation starts looking like my favorite toy commercial. Comics are a business to sell more comics, and Spider-man's anniversary is an excellent vehicle to obtain more money. So is endangering his love interest while "evil"(?) Spider-man collaborates with a Goblin. All these gimmicks we're seeing read like a cold corporate "celebration" read: exploitation of a series. You are correct in stating it shouldn't have so much influence, but I'm cynical about events.
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-23-2022 at 09:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Does the issue benefit? MJ isn't to blame for the relationship staff has decided to use, but one appearance riled the entire board. I'd suggest Silk, Venom, or Miles should have her until the ASM staff plays nice, but someone in charge has made her the impetus for Spidey's involvement in the crossover. If Editorial needs Moira Mactaggert to "wear" MJ, they'll need her to be on the outs with Peter Parker so he doesn't look like a fool for not noticing his ex isn't herself.
    Nah that's a bad idea

Since all those titles are also under Spider-office

MJ should be in ASM or her own solo(which might also be a mess) or just take her off comics rather than ruin her further

The issue is Norman and Tombstone from what I hear, w/ Peter complaining about his life(to the kids he's babysitting I think) but not so sure on this

This issue was advertised as to why they've broken up this time.

What the hell is even going on in the Spider-Office, lol?
    For real, why even have that cover if that's the case? Bait of the highest order but they already showed that in #1 pretty much.

BANNED

Possibilities for this

1. There's been a rewrite somewhere (hence the month long delay)
    2. They decided an appearance might cheapen the impact of Moira Jane, or the maximum impact would have been lost because people may assume it is just Moira