Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: ASM #2 preview

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Even the possible MJ as a mom twist i like because peter is clearly longing for her and if he was never ready to make that next shift to be a dad or a married man or rather marvel wasn't he now has to evolve to be that if MJ is to ever be a candidate and i'm okay with that. I'm interested to see where the story goes and i'm all in. !
    Read any comic from the 90s and you'll see Peter was not only encouraged by the idea of being a dad and assured MJ they'd make the best parents in the world, but was fully prepared to become one during the Clone Saga...and, depending on what you consider the 'real' canon, he rose to the challenge aptly.

Post-OMD Peter is a variant corrupted by devil magic. Nothing he goes through in regards to lack of growth really 'counts'.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Read any comic from the 90s and you'll see Peter was not only encouraging the idea of being a dad, but was fully prepared to become one during the Clone Saga...and, depending on what you consider the 'real' canon, he rose to the challenge aptly.

Post-OMD Peter is a variant.
    Exabit A of what a good dad he is mayday.jpg

Sounds like this is a great Tombstone comic!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But issue is what's next after the tombstone arc? Rest doesnt sound promising at all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tombstone is by far the best thing in the comic, but then it mostly focuses on him. spoilers:
    I loved his scene with Janice and him prepping to be scary again - nice character work from Wells. And it’s obvious Tombstone is 16293684 steps ahead of everyone else so far.
    end of spoilers

I’m still not warming to Well’s Peter, however. spoilers:
    He’s slightly less mopey than last issue but chumming around with Norman and walking straight into Tombstone’s trap - he pretty much admits Tombstone successfully baited him (wonder if they got the idea from how successfully they bait his readers….) - don’t make him appear competent, just easily manipulated. I like my heroes to be smarter than that, but that’s just me.
    end of spoilers

Also, White Rabbit appears to be selling another interesting piece of supervillain paraphernalia. spoilers:
    They’re loading Mysterio’s costume into a van when Spidey finds them
    end of spoilers.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-25-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Um he is and has proven he can the best dad over and over again. Look at the many AU's that's proven that. His being a dad would be the capstone of responsibility. The MJ mom thing will be resolved and either be a fake out or something out there entirly if you believe in the house of x stuff which pulls nonsense out of nowhere. Hellions dealt with clones they didn't even survive so it's gonna be crazy story but not one that needs to be dragged out
    I'm just going by what i know of peter status in the 616 from what i am going for and going with whatever the canon the story is. Last thing that occured was one more day and after that Peter was written more as a playboy which never felt like the real peter to me, he was a dude that felt he hit the Jackpot with MJ and appreciated what he had and then wasn't. At this point in the story that is the peter i am seeing again (the peter that appreciates what he does have in life.) I have to find a good midpoint in the story itself for why he isn't married at this point or has that family you say he wanted. I also wasn't thinking about if he was being a good or bad dad but rather the level of growth he would need to take as a character to be one since obviously he still has feelings with MJ and short of another twist the story is early, what comes with her. I think people may be jumping the gun with expectations rather than following the story itself. Peter is taking time for himself, he knew he had to feed himself, torch checking in on him, peter checking in on his friend, those little moments add so much to Peter and make you want to root for him. And i don't mean like literal house of X change i mean potential change in status quo. lol however that happens right now if MJ is a mom thats a pretty huge one. If peter turns out to be the dad, an even bigger one, if not, he still shows that's where he wants to be.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-25-2022 at 10:32 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Tombstone is by far the best thing in the comic, but then it mostly focuses on him. spoilers:
    I loved his scene with Janice and him prepping to be scary again - nice character work from Wells. And it’s obvious Tombstone is 16293684 steps ahead of everyone else so far.
    end of spoilers

I’m still not warming to Well’s Peter, however. spoilers:
    He’s slightly less mopey than last issue but chumming around with Norman and walking straight into Tombstone’s trap - he pretty much admits Tombstone successfully baited him (wonder if they got the idea from how successfully they bait his readers….) - don’t make him appear competent, just easily manipulated. I like my heroes to be smarter than that, but that’s just me.
    end of spoilers

Also, White Rabbit appears to be selling another interesting piece of supervillain paraphernalia. spoilers:
    They’re loading Mysterio’s costume into a van when Spidey finds them
    end of spoilers.
    Unless Mysterio is hiding out in plain site using hypnosis on someone and not needing his suit because he thinks he has it all

BANNED

Lowe's losing it with the fans

"I care a lot about the fans, I just don't do everything they ask, sorry you didn't like the comic"

https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...23154275536896

"I care a lot about the fans, I just don't do everything they ask, sorry you didn't like the comic"

Someone treated me like that and I wouldn't waste my time answering them. Really, valid criticism is one thing, childish behavior on Twitter tagging creators is another
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

I honestly think editorial and creators shouldn’t respond to fans on social media. They should allow fans space to vent and remind themselves fans don’t have the bigger picture and don’t know where the story is going but they do. They should be quietly confident in the story they’re telling (unless they aren’t confident, in which case they deserve all the flak IMO).

And what did they expect with the blatant cover & solicit bait and switch? I get it that sometimes stories change and don’t match a solicitation and cover produced months in advance. Regardless, this would be good day to stay off the internet, Spider-office.

The thing is, the gang war story so far is fun. It’s a good start to a return to street level Spidey after all the supernatural shenanigans. Wells does well with quippy dialogue and he’s made me care about Tombstone. If they had could have just helped themselves and not stooped to baiting the MJ relationship and utilizing the stupid version of the mystery box where everyone knows what is going on but the reader, this could be a very solid start to a run.

So yeah, maybe readers shouldn’t rise to such blatant bait and let Marvel see just how accurately they pushed the button - but cynically trolling people on purpose and then responding, “sorry you don’t like” is pretty disingenuous dirty pool, Marvel.

I honestly think editorial and creators shouldn’t respond to fans on social media. They should allow fans space to vent and remind themselves fans don’t have the bigger picture and don’t know where the story is going but they do. They should be quietly confident in the story they’re telling (unless they aren’t confident, in which case they deserve all the flak IMO).

And what did they expect with the blatant cover & solicit bait and switch? I get it that sometimes stories change and don’t match a solicitation and cover produced months in advance. Regardless, this would be good day to stay off the internet, Spider-office.

The thing is, the gang war story so far is fun. It’s a good start to a return to street level Spidey after all the supernatural shenanigans. Wells does well with quippy dialogue and he’s made me care about Tombstone. If they had could have just helped themselves and not stooped to baiting the MJ relationship and utilizing the stupid version of the mystery box where everyone knows what is going on but the reader, this could be a very solid start to a run.

So yeah, maybe readers shouldn’t rise to such blatant bait and let Marvel see just how accurately they pushed the button - but cynically trolling people on purpose and then responding, “sorry you don’t like” is pretty disingenuous dirty pool, Marvel.
    If you scroll onto his twitter that's mostly all you see outside of some heartfelt messages

BANNED

If that person didn't tag Lowe, maybe they would have been able to vent without a problem. When the approach is polite, there're some really insightful exchanges betweens creators and fans.

I do agree that the cover wasn't a fair move, but I can see multiple scenarios:

-It was planned for another issue and moved for some reason
    -The cover was solicited before the script was done. The script changed and excluded MJ for this issue later on
    -It is to reflect what it's happening to Peter and MJ's relationship overall in the storyline (which I don't particularly like. I like my covers to talk about the story inside)

Or the shit reason: a cover bait, which is always possible, of course
    Last edited by Chubistian; 05-25-2022 at 01:28 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    If that person didn't tag Lowe, maybe they would have been able to vent without a problem. When the approach is polite, there're some really insightful exchanges betweens creators and fans.

-The cover was solicited before the script was done. The script changed and excluded MJ for this issue later on
    -It is to reflect what it's happening to Peter and MJ's relationship overall in the storyline (which I don't particularly like. I like my covers to talk about the story inside)

Marvel used to be pretty fast with getting covers changed or scrapped for new ones if they felt something wasn’t working. Add to that the paper shortage delay for this issue it would seem that this cover was intended.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post

Perhaps because Moria kidnapped MJ