Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #2 preview

art is bad im sorry
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    In the words of morally inverted Roderick Kingsley, "You think someone just wakes up one day and they're good? You think evil just goes away? WRONG!"

(Ironically, he was feigning being evil all along, but still.)
    Pretty much. Hell, wasn't that the idea at first during Last Remains, that even with Sin-Eater "cleansing" him, he was still so damned rotten on the inside that he was conniving with Kingpin to use Mary Jane as bait to entrap Kindred? (Of course, it turned out he was faking the eviler bits, particularly when he suited up as the Green Goblin again, but yeah.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    art is bad im sorry
    I gotta nitpick about the Norman hair, it's much better than the last time JRJR drew Osborn in New Ways To Die where he like forgot to do any of the cornrows and it just looked shaved and unfinished but here they're all going in one direction and that's not right either lol. He was drawing it the right way in the late '90s. If you're gonna draw the famous Osborn cornrows you gotta get those waves right, that is my beef haha.

It just really makes no sense at this point to treat Norman like a normal supporting character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It just really makes no sense at this point to treat Norman like a normal supporting character.
    The almighty “bAcK tO bAsIcS” approach wins again!

(even though “basics” in this case, was Norman being a minor supporting character during one of his amnesiac periods in the late 1960s for like 20 or 30 issues)

Astonishing Member

Everyone mention what Norman did to Gwen but remember, Peter still doesn't know Flash is back so as far as Peter known, Norman murdered Flash as well as Gwen(if it were up to me, I would say screw the new revised OMD timeline, he murdered Peter baby daughter). Anyone also kinda curious what Zeb is gonna do with Jonah. Peter working with Norman could also make JJJ tell Peter to screw himself, Wells did wrote a short story in Amazing vol 5 25 where Jonah use a crowbar to break into Peter apartment to get his attention and take care of a team up and Peter was really annoyed which after a fight with a monster, Peter leave Jonah hanging and brought this monster attention to Dr Strange which the story purposely show Peter hypocrisy on doing the same to Strange as Jonah did to Peter. kinda fun story, I hope Zeb doe good with Jonah atleast. it would be ironic that Jonah would be the only Spidey supporter while everyones hates him for the 6 months event, a irony that Peter would be hilariously be self aware only for that to go down the drain once he finds out Peter is working with Norman. Jonah is still going to keep Peter secret but that doesn't mean he's not going to criticize in his Jonah way on Spider-man riding a glider with bombs.

There's a part of me that's curious where they take this. But that's only because it's so insanely bonkers. It's also telling when Tombstone is the most interesting thing in a Spider-Man book.

Also I'm pretty certain Normie should be drawn a little bit older at this point, given he was shown to be close to the same age as Dylan and Dylan is freaking Venom at this point.

Norman might have had his sins cleansed, but he's still a rather ruthless business man. There's a chance he's being legit though simply because the alternative would be so freaking obvious.

Spectacular Member

Norman Osborn: "You want money? Babysit my grandchildren. "

Norman was implied last issue to know about Peter's issues so that's actually a nice way of writing a (former) villain "tricking" Spider-Man into accepting cash from them and distracting him from internalizing his problems. Peter might not be keen on accepting donations but if he felt he earned it doing something genuinely innocuous like looking after Harry's children, it wouldn't be so bad.

I've seen too many major morality changes in villains with barely any reasoning behind it that I'm increasingly apathetic to undeserved amicable relationships. I kinda like what I'm seeing so far. I wonder if Normie has the symbiote? It's nice Stanley still exists... even if he's still too white.

I am very interested in what's happening between Janice and her father.
    Last edited by Lunala; 05-10-2022 at 08:21 PM.

uh.. who the heck is stanley?

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Norman Osborn: "You want money? Babysit my grandchildren. "

Norman was implied last issue to know about Peter's issues so that's actually a nice way of writing a (former) villain "tricking" Spider-Man into accepting cash from them and distracting him from internalizing his problems. Peter might not be keen on accepting donations but if he felt he earned it doing something genuinely innocuous like looking after Harry's children, it wouldn't be so bad.

I've seen too many major morality changes in villains with barely any reasoning behind it that I'm increasingly apathetic to undeserved amicable relationships. I kinda like what I'm seeing so far. I wonder if Normie has the symbiote? It's nice Stanley still exists... even if he's still too white.

I am very interested in what's happening between Janice and her father.
    This makes me miss the relationship Peter and Ock had after the first run of Superior Spider-Man, I wish Otto still remembered Peter’s identity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    stanley?
    Stanley is Harry Lyman's biracial son and Normie's brother... Cousin? IDK. It's a long story.
    This is his maternal Grandfather, William Hollister:

This is his mother, Lily Hollister(before...they revised her appearance):

This is Stanley when he was born:

Marvel keeping portraying Stanley and his mother as too light imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    I can understand the feeling. I will say Otto's appearance was brief last issue but I liked it. He's charming under the right writer when he's not in the middle of evil schemes...and sometimes even then, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks

I hate it

BANNED

Seems obvious to me now that the last straw for MJ with Peter was him accepting the first offer of help from Norman

Also, I bet when Peter meets MJ, she's with her own kids and their big talk is while watching the kids all play

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Seems obvious to me now that the last straw for MJ with Peter was him accepting the first offer of help from Norman

Also, I bet when Peter meets MJ, she's with her own kids and their big talk is while watching the kids all play
    That would be hypocritical since MJ lied to Peter about working w/ Mysterio for a f'ing film

Again so many mysteries, I hope issue 2 gives some context

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That would be hypocritical since MJ lied to Peter about working w/ Mysterio for a f'ing film
    Come to think of it, I just remembered that she worked with sinless Norman in Last Remains so that can 't be it.