Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #2 preview

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

What the heck were people expecting Stanley to look like? Kobe?
    Like this:
    tumblr_3d7c9f42b22efbe4cefd764c74851576_662fd675_500.jpg

Also, while Lily's skin colour always fluctuated annoyingly, I don't think there's many panels of her at all where she could be mistaken for white.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Also, son of a clone. Defective.
    Like "Reilly Tyne"/Darkdevil from MC2? Because that was basically what would have happened to him if he hadn't been possessed by a bit of Zarathos/Ghost Rider and the spirit of Matt Murdock.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Anyone taking bets over Stanley's continued survival?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    He'll go back into obscurity tbh.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    He’s living on an island with Baby May.

I know this is the writer of Shed we're talking about here, but does he really have it in him to a kill a... Anywhere from 3-6-who-knows-year old?
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of babies, its safe to say that Betty had hers already.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Making the most out of good guy Norman = for it.

The rest = ehhhhh.

Wells apparently regards the characters he's writing as a clean slate. Randy basically hears Tombstone say "your dad impaled me with a pitchfork once" and he's drawn so young and looks so puzzled it seems like the readers are meant to think Randy not only looked like he was almost 30 by then and wore stylish tuxes in that story arc, but that he wouldn't be aware of that to begin with. Same goes for Normie, with "My granddad says..." as if Peter's not like... huh... NORMIE'S GODFATHER.

Who, by the way, literally heard Norman talk about Peter's id in his very front during Go Down Swinging, and then was called by Spider-Man "his godson" in front of Eddie Brock and the Maker.

I guess Marvel can't even make up their minds whether Normie knows. Like, again. Since in Spec #200 Harry called Peter "my best friend" in front of him and then it was suggested Normie did know for a while. Before deals with the devil and stuff.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post

The rest = ehhhhh.

Wells apparently regards the characters he's writing as a clean slate. Randy basically hears Tombstone say "your dad impaled me with a pitchfork once" and he's drawn so young and looks so puzzled it seems like the readers are meant to think Randy not only looked like he was almost 30 by then and wore stylish tuxes in that story arc, but that he wouldn't be aware of that to begin with. Same goes for Normie, with "My granddad says..." as if Peter's not like... huh... NORMIE'S GODFATHER.

Who, by the way, literally heard Norman talk about Peter's id in his very front during Go Down Swinging, and then was called by Spider-Man "his godson" in front of Eddie Brock and the Maker.

I guess Marvel can't even make up their minds whether Normie knows. Like, again. Since in Spec #200 Harry called Peter "my best friend" in front of him and then it was suggested Normie did know for a while. Before deals with the devil and stuff.
    You're putting much more thought in this subject than Wells and Lowe, I can almost assure you.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I know this is the writer of Shed we're talking about here, but does he really have it in him to a kill a... Anywhere from 3-6-who-knows-year old?
    Yes. Nathaniel Essex kept vats of discarded dead clone babies in Hellions.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post

The rest = ehhhhh.

JRJR drew Randy much older looking in the early '00s, too lol. So much sloppiness that could be nipped in the bud during production or if they just got their stories straight, or thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Lily is a blond white woman and Harry was some ginger dude.

What the heck were people expecting Stanley to look like? Kobe?

EDIT: Oh wait. She's dark in some books but white in others. Geez.
    Well, if this was real their child could have darker skin than either due to how genes work when you consider Lily's father -

Mendelian inheritance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance

Hey, it isn't often I can bring up my Anthropology training (in this instance Biological Anthropology) on this board so I use every chance I get.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-11-2022 at 09:26 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Bizarre crap that lasts for maybe 6 issues going nowhere .... resolving nothing and exhibiting no respect for the characters or fans? That’s what it seems like to me. Sin Eater isn’t just a psycho with a gun? He can purge and redeem sin? Offensive on a few levels. Won’t be getting my money.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I'd say there was no need to thrash culture-appropriating cornrows man since he was already handing the kiddos over, but Spider-man deserves to beat the guy like an old carpet anytime he wants.

Oh frick. Marvel New York's populace would mistakenly provide norman custody of that child after Lily gave her baby to Lyman. They wouldn't even hesitate. Bill, hurry up and get your boy before Norman Osborn traumatizes another one.

It wasn't too long ago that "needed to have some time to herself" would have resulted in a cut scene where Liz Allan was strapped to the four-faced clock on Grand Central Terminal. I wonder what awful things she's doing in the Venom title have occupied her time or what peril somehow convinced her that her child might be safer with... the grandfather. She has left Normie with him in the past, but threats were involved. Usually, his threats.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    doesn’t Norman know Peter is Spider-Man?
    Sometimes Doctors will take on side jobs. Peter was clearly at home when Norman showed up so he wasn't on-call, so to speak. I understand arguments saying it's out of character for what we know of what's going on right now thanks to the mystery box element, and the plot is silly since it's going out of its way to excuse certain decisions, but, uh... Do you mean the guy who doesn't have money for his hospital bills, has lost Aunt May her house because he has no cash yet it still wasn't enough to pay everything off, is currently relying on Randy to pay for his apartment, and was filling up those hours trying and failing to get a job and moping outside MJ's residence?

Peter's life isn't all superheroism. I'm curious how much he's offering, but I hope Peter doesn't accept that casual offer of a possible new apartment. That man cannot be trusted, and choosing where Peter lives puts way too much control in a known (currently former) villain's hands. It looks like platonic love-bombing to me, which ties into...

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    This is "in character" for some fans???
    I don't consider this wildly ooc for Peter because there's clearly some trauma bonding going on thanks to GG being toxic, and that's not as easy to break as some think. It's not a "satisfying" answer, but it makes sense to me with Peter being vulnerable rn. Peter's also not especially please with the situation even in this preview, which makes sense. In one of the first story arcs I've ever read with the villain, Spider-man released Green Goblin, the guy who killed his young daughter and Gwen Stacy, from prison. Babysitting is nothing. Personally, I think limiting contact with their paternal grandfather and giving Peter the chance to present himself as a positive figure in the lives of two impressionable young boys seems like a plus to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Thanks! Sometimes, I wonder if Marvel straight up forgot Stanley was biracial.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    I'd say there was no need to thrash culture-appropriating cornrows man since he was already handing the kiddos over, but Spider-man deserves to beat the guy like an old carpet anytime he wants.

Oh frick. Marvel New York's populace would mistakenly provide norman custody of that child after Lily gave her baby to Lyman. They wouldn't even hesitate. Bill, hurry up and get your boy before Norman Osborn traumatizes another one.

It wasn't too long ago that "needed to have some time to herself" would have resulted in a cut scene where Liz Allan was strapped to the four-faced clock on Grand Central Terminal. I wonder what awful things she's doing in the Venom title have occupied her time or what peril somehow convinced her that her child might be safer with... the grandfather. She has left Normie with him in the past, but threats were involved. Usually, his threats.

Sometimes Doctors will take on side jobs. Peter was clearly at home when Norman showed up so he wasn't on-call, so to speak. I understand arguments saying it's out of character for what we know of what's going on right now thanks to the mystery box element, and the plot is silly since it's going out of its way to excuse certain decisions, but, uh... Do you mean the guy who doesn't have money for his hospital bills, has lost Aunt May her house because he has no cash yet it still wasn't enough to pay everything off, is currently relying on Randy to pay for his apartment, and was filling up those hours trying and failing to get a job and moping outside MJ's residence?

Peter's life isn't all superheroism. I'm curious how much he's offering, but I hope Peter doesn't accept that casual offer of a possible new apartment. That man cannot be trusted, and choosing where Peter lives puts way too much control in a known (currently former) villain's hands. It looks like platonic love-bombing to me, which ties into...

I don't consider this wildly ooc for Peter because there's clearly some trauma bonding going on thanks to GG being toxic, and that's not as easy to break as some think. It's not a "satisfying" answer, but it makes sense to me with Peter being vulnerable rn. Peter's also not especially please with the situation even in this preview, which makes sense. In one of the first story arcs I've ever read with the villain, Spider-man released Green Goblin, the guy who killed his young daughter and Gwen Stacy, from prison. Babysitting is nothing. Personally, I think limiting contact with their paternal grandfather and giving Peter the chance to present himself as a positive figure in the lives of two impressionable young boys seems like a plus to me.

Thanks! Sometimes, I wonder if Marvel straight up forgot Stanley was biracial.
    Are you referring to Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12, by any chance, as one of those first Spider-Man stories you read with Norman Osborn in it? If so, from what I recall, breaking him out of prison was mostly under the duress of Norman being the only one who could give Peter the answers he needed as to what happened to his Aunt May and how to save her. Of course, it turned out Norman set up the whole thing to put Peter in the position of having to break him out, and then tried to reenact The Night Gwen Stacy Died with Mary Jane --- who shot him with a handgun she'd been recently keeping on her person, though the most it did was sting, given the combination of Norman's own enhanced durability and the Goblin Armor he was wearing. The ending was especially chilling for the surprising amount of affection and respect Norman revealed himself to have for Peter in that last letter he wrote for him (that Peter never got, as far as I recall), despite everything Norman did over the years to make Peter's life as close to a living hell as he could manage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.