Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #2 preview

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    It does seem unearned, but at the same time, there's six months of history between Norman and Peter we're not privy to yet. Hopefully that will be fleshed out further than Peter just forgiving Norman for not being responsible for his actions due to Mephisto's influence (or something like that).
    If it depends of every character speaking about everything in a roundabout way as if the knew there's someone reading what they're saying I consider that bad writing

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    It does seem unearned, but at the same time, there's six months of history between Norman and Peter we're not privy to yet. Hopefully that will be fleshed out further than Peter just forgiving Norman for not being responsible for his actions due to Mephisto's influence (or something like that).
    I think Peter gave Norman a second chance because of Harry's death. Harry sacrificed his life for Norman, it would be strange if Peter did not communicate with Norman after that. But that doesn't mean he forgave him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Zeb Wells wrote the first and last issues of Beyond (and a few more in between), and Spider-Man still has the same editorial team. We're even going to get a follow-up to Ben Reilly in Dark Web.

I don't understand why you wouldn't count Beyond as part of this run.
    Largely because I'd treat a solo run by a single author as its own thing versus a continuance of the kind of 'effort' we saw with Beyond.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Largely because I'd treat a solo run by a single author as its own thing versus a continuance of the kind of 'effort' we saw with Beyond.
    Except both runs are clearly and canonically linked.

And yet we already know this run will be a continuation of the narrative threads left by Beyond. By the head writer and the same editorial team that worked on Beyond.

And yet we already know this run will be a continuation of the narrative threads left by Beyond. By the head writer and the same editorial team that worked on Beyond.
    Sure. But Writers *should* do that, generally speaking.

Sure. But Writers *should* do that, generally speaking.
    I agree. I also think it's fair game to judge Wells' run based on Beyond.

BANNED

So yeah, this issue isn't out yet and Marvel are already promoting a big Peter/MJ story by Slott

Astonishing Member

I agree. I also think it's fair game to judge Wells' run based on Beyond.
    And Lowe, based in the previous years

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So yeah, this issue isn't out yet and Marvel are already promoting a big Peter/MJ story by Slott
    That...that sounds so weird .

I haven't seen this. I know Slott is doing something for the big anniversary issue, and a new Spider-Verse.

BANNED

I know Slott is doing something for the big anniversary issue
    Check the relevant threads
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-13-2022 at 11:33 AM.

Check the relevant threads.
    I just saw. He's doing a Peter x MJ story for the big anniversary celebration issue.

BANNED

I just saw. He's doing a Peter x MJ story for the big anniversary celebration issue.
    Yep.

The 'far future' thing intrigues me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    The very same. That story is a good example of why context matters. If Marvel Knights Spider-Man had been written differently and opened up at "Spidey and Black Cat team up to spring Green Goblin from prison," I... don't know, man. The mystery box method rarely works in comics when it forces people to take confusing character choices at face value and trust the writer will stick the landing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumatic_bonding

Those two have a platonic trauma bond. Spencer handled it nicely(before, well...) and from the way their conversation reads in the preview, Norman is now (unintentionally, probably) reinforcing the trauma bond the characters began forming the moment GG lost years of memory after discovering Spider-man's identity, and Peter Parker chose to keep his identity secret after Peter's Spidey sense stopped registering the villain as a threat. That is an interesting story but can Zeb Wells write it with editorial's interference? I don't know. Is it wildly ooc for Peter to give Norman Osborn the time of the day? Not with the right context. To babysit children? No. Peter Parker is precious with kids. Usually. Unfortunately context is unavailable and upcoming titles are pulling a knife on the readership.

I gotta say, that story arc introduced me to my OTP: Mary Jane & Glock. I die a little each time she's in danger and those two beautiful platonic soulmates are parted. I don't expect firearms to be effective against major villains, but there's something so satisfying about MJ shooting people trying to kill her and her loved ones and being ACKNOWLEDGED by the villain as "Clever" for actively playing a part in helping Peter. Spidey might have a code but MJ won't hesitate, glitch. I miss it so much.
    Honestly, same. In a crazy world like the Marvel Universe, it would only make sense for Mary Jane to carry something for her defense. While I'm more partial to adapted web-shooters and repulsor gauntlets for MJ, I am not so opposed to a good old Glock if that's what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That...that sounds so weird .
    He launched Renew Your Vows. He has it in him to do a good Peter/Mary Jane if he's inclined in that direction.
    The spider is always on the hunt.